Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Wire

The Wire is one of my favorite shows of all time.!! Just the in dept character development is awesome. Also the storyline is bananas and I love how each season touches on a different aspect of the game. A must see for all!

The Wire is one of my favorite shows of all time.!! Just the in dept character development is awesome. Also the storyline is bananas and I love how each season touches on a different aspect of the game. A must see for all!

I agree. The 'game' is everywhere and touches everything. It does not discriminate, and there are many player's of all statures and size.

My favorite season is the fourth of the series. Although, each one is remarkable.

I miss 'The Wire'! I caught onto it really late (last year) and got through all 5 Seasons in about a month. It was phenomenal and so gripping.

I think I'm going to start watching it again tomorrow now!

I'm surprised to say that The Wire has now become my second favorite show of all time. I thought nothing could remove it from atop my list, but then Breaking Bad came along. They are different types of shows, but if you like the one you will definitely like the other.

The Wire is one of my favorite series ever. Easily in my top three.

I love how each season covers a different aspect of the game. One of the most accurate shows ever created about how the game works imo.

Favorite scene ever imo was when Michael knew Snoop was gonna kill him and he drew on her first and saved his ass.

Ive only seen a few episodes of the wire and I liked it.... better than shield but not as much as breaking bad.

I decided to use netflix and watch all the episodes in order. It will take a while but fuck it

I love breaking bad, but honestly, its comes nowhere as close to The Wire in accurately portraying the sociological aspect of the ghetto and the demographics of the game.

I recently watched season 4 of The Wire, and I have to say: my mind was fucking blown. I really can't wait until I have time to watch the entire series beginning with season 1. So incredible, such a wide range of characters, yet their paths are all interconnected.

Im almost finished with the first season and all I can say is wow. Best show I have ever seen the story telling is so amazing all the characters feel real and the way they talk about the game really hit home I dunno I almost cried when bublles friend told him he had hiv then still wanted to keep running the streets and pulling scams shit hit real close to home.

Ive only seen a few episodes of the wire and I liked it.... better than shield but not as much as breaking bad.

I decided to use netflix and watch all the episodes in order. It will take a while but fuck it

We did the same thing. :) Totally worth it.

ugh. everytime i get Pander to watch/do something he doesn't want to, he holds a Wire episode over me. we're up to 6 episodes. i've been scheming on ways to get my wire debt erased, I'm repulsed by the idea of the show and if one more white boy tells me how great the wire is for talking about 'the hood' or whatever the fuck I'm going to drive him to the 3rd ward or the new orleans east and leave him there overnight on one of those hot fucking southern nights. then if he survives i'll listen to whatever he has to say about 'the hood'.

sorry Wire, the people of Ohio ruined you for me.

Kenickie said:
I'm repulsed by the idea of the show

what about it? would be a shame to miss out on such a well written show because of some preconceived notions, it's a lot more than just a whiteboy's ghetto wank fantasy.

It's not like white people don't go to Balmer's hood and buy H. My fiancee did (a lot) and it's very realistic. That said, I think Kenick's problem is people expect her to AUTOMATICALLY love The Wire because she's black and somehow that means she connects with the show. Like finally white people like a show with an accurate depiction of 'hood life' so of course she's gotta love it. I'd find that annoying too. Let me know if I'm wrong Kenick.

That said, you should really love The Wire Kenick not because of what I just described but because it's so good. ;)

The Wire from season one!

the-wire.jpg

IMDB

The wire is showing from season one, on FX/HD starting april 6th (wednesday)
at 10PM.

Chance to watch or re-watch the most epic tv show ever :D <3

Kickass news YoYo. Thanks for letting us know. I hope its from start to finish through all seasons.

I agree, the best show ever. I feel like Ive been spoiled after watching The Wire, as If Ill never be satisfied with another drama like that one.

Omars comin.

breaking bad is awesome, but its got nada on the wire.

seriously one of the best series ever to accurately portray life on the streets in bmore. every minute detail, its just so spot on....and since one of the creators was a city cop for like 3 decades it gives it so much fodder and real shit to work with. a lot of the characters are actually based on real playas from the dope game back in the day. like composites of different dudes make up one character, or so i have read.

even the streets they talk about sellin dope on are notorious spots that just about every white boy has copped on...lol