• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never noticed much of an effect when I tried it personally.
But, it apparently works because it inhibits CYP3A4 which reduces the amount of Codeine metabolized into Norcodeine which, in turn, increases the amount of Codeine metabolized into Morphine.

I assume you used it with Codeine then?

Yeah thats what I'm talkin about primarily. I mentioned the DXM as a side note. They are both metabolized by the same thingy I believe.

I think there are better chemical potentiaters though. Again, access to such is questionable but thats what I think would be better.

I never noticed much of an effect when I tried it personally.
But, it apparently works because it inhibits CYP3A4 which reduces the amount of Codeine metabolized into Norcodeine which, in turn, increases the amount of Codeine metabolized into Morphine.

ok, but some say that it could be the norcodeine which is responsible for the euphoric effects.

My friend told me mixing Tagamet, Dramamine II and 30 minutes later 24mg Imodium would be decently reminiscent of an opiate high. My hopes aren't too high but I plan on purchasing these from local pharmacies tomorrow.

What can I expect from this? My opiate tolerance is at one 80mg OC or a 200mg morphine XR.
I'm not really looking to get high but am looking for something to ease withdrawal symptoms. Should I take more than 24mg Imodium?

the Imodium is just going to help you with the shits.

the tagamet is a heart burn med...idk how that one is gonna help. i know a guy that takes tagamet to potentiate methadone but i haven't tried it myself.

the Dramamine will prob just help with nausea or something.

you arent going to have any opiate feeling, but your WD symptoms might not be as bad.

Well I heard the tagamet allows the Imodium time to cross the bbb. It is an opiod it just doesn't normally have any psychoactive effects.

EDIT: Well I bought these from CVS earlier today to test it out. I'd say it's pretty effective for getting rid of w/d symptoms. It took away the malaise and gave me the energy to stay out of bed. I guess my money will be going towards Imodium for the next week or so. The tagamet and meclizine boxes should last me a while but theres just enough Imodium for 2 doses. Kind of shitty because the stuff isn't dirt cheap.

Last edited:
I have 30 mg MS-Contin, but no regular strength Benedryl. I do, however, have the 50 mg Walmart-brand diphenhydramine liquigels (like Unisom). Since most of the responses on here are about taking it in tablet form, would a 50 mg liquigel be too strong to take with the MS?

if 50mg is what you usually take in other forms then, yes, you will be fine. try not to bump your post in the future, thanks.

Other opiates, benzo's(I use xanax or if im lucky valium) alcohol for some people(I dont understand thism if I have one drink of oxy it ruins the high and i throw up heaps. OTC anti-histamines such as mersyndol which contains doxylamine succinate, promethazine and theres plenty more, just make sure you get one with sedative effects.

I personally would use promethazine, xanax/valium or doxylamine succinate even the anti-psychotic seroquel works quite well. they work the best for me but dont go overboard. If your non tolerance id use 2/3rds of my normal dose, and anti-histamines coz that is the safest potentiation method I can think of but it can be hard for tolerant users. Normally I have 1-2 80's then 12 2mg xanax's and im fine but for some reason this morning I needed more coz im extremely tolerant to oxy so I had 220mg of oxy(3 80's) 2 mersyndol and 8mg of xanax, I dont know why I needed that much. be careful coz tolerance builds quick and even if I take a rfew months break from the oxy my tolerance doesnt drop at all Its redicoulous 111thin k

The combo I mentioned in my last post. Tagamet, Dramamine II, and Imodium is really working wonders.

I took half the imodium and that got rid of my withdrawals but because I'm an irresponsible person I ended up doing the rest of the package about 8 hours later and I am basically on an opiate high right now. So total 60mg Loperamide and one tagamet and one meclizine with each dose. I have a decent tolerance to opiates and I'm still getting good effects from this. No nod but the opiate goodness is flowing through my veins. Completely over the counter combo that's doing this.

My tried and tested pre opiate cocktail:

I use this every time, except with codeine because its makes codeine weaker.

T-1:30> A tall glass of 100% pure white grapefruit juice, a same sized glass of tonic water (contains quinine), and 400mgs cimetidine (Tagamet HB).

T-0:30> 50mg diphenhydramine (Benadryl, usually two pills). 500mgs Soma (carisprodial), and 2 TUMS (calcium) if you are planning to take your opiates orally.

T-0:00> Personally, I think rectal administration is the way to go, the high is always more intense and last longer compared to oral for me. It also allows you to have a big meal before taking the opiates as the food wont slow absorption like it would if you ate the pills after eating food, and finally if opiates upset your stomach, this will not. The downside is you need more materials (hot water+a needless syringe) and you also need a few minutes alone to administer your dose, unlike orally where you can pop a couple roxi 30's in the middle of a speech and people wouldn't think a thing about it but try squirting opiate water up your ass in a crowded area and it may attract sine unwanted attention.

There are other OTC drugs that work but IMO mixing too many OTC potentiators make the high feel too dirty for me.

I usually use promethazine with pods, and it works great. Yesterday though a mate gave me a few zopiclone tablets, so I tried:

A medium strength dose (for me) of pods +75mg promethazine + one 7.5mg zopiclone tablet, with the prometh taken 30mins before the pods and the zop taken about an hr after the pods, ie when I felt em starting to kick in.
Result?:DBloody excellent.

Caution advised if you have little or no tolerance to zopiclone though, 7.5mg could be far too much. I have quite a tolerance to the stuff.

I just got a really good mixture of OTC meds potentiations.

50mg diphenhydramine
1000mg valerian roots extract w/ hops

could hardly keep my eyes open

Last edited:
seroquel 150 - 300mgs usually helps with opiates seeing as its an agonist. Promethozine as well but take it after, taking it before will shorten your high.

I think Soma is the best potentiator besides more opoids. I just take one 350mg pill about 30min before i expect the opiate to kick in. It just adds a whole new layer of body warmth and comfort and therefore increases euphoria making me feel like im on cloud nine. Seriously amazing stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.