• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything about the below quote seems crazy to me. taking buprenorphine while on methadone is the most horrid thing one can go through. Are you lying man? And I have seen plenty of people WAY over 120mg of methadone. Its foolish, but it goes way up there, mostly at pain clinics. I really cant see you mixing suboxone and methadone. Once I was on methadone 60mg a day for pain for one week, and I forgot when I ran out and redosed on my subutex, and I think it was the most awful experience ive been through.
PLEASE PEOPLE< Do not TAKE buprenorphine after dosing methadone, you need to give a several day wash out period too because of meth's long half life.
sp0r

i never seen anyone get over 120mgs of methadone at a clinic. i have an appt. monday to get dosed, but i got to drive downtown everyday to get it, which im so undecided, as im on suboxone and klonopin from my sub doc, i dont wanna lose my benzo script and 90 subs which i can do what choose with them,they kill my W/D. i guess i want methadone for a buzz..im sticking with my sub doc, he gives me klonpin 3x a day, 2 1/2 subs a day,, he is so nice calls in 5 day supply on a sunday if i call his personal cell, gives me medicine for headaches if i need it, Fiorional (barbiturate) known him 2 yrs, i rather not lose my relationship with him over a dumb clinic methadone wth over 700 people, and ill never get a benzo sxcript ill be labeled all over on methadone to doctors

Everything about the below quote seems crazy to me. taking buprenorphine while on methadone is the most horrid thing one can go through. Are you lying man? And I have seen plenty of people WAY over 120mg of methadone. Its foolish, but it goes way up there, mostly at pain clinics. I really cant see you mixing suboxone and methadone. Once I was on methadone 60mg a day for pain for one week, and I forgot when I ran out and redosed on my subutex, and I think it was the most awful experience ive been through.
PLEASE PEOPLE< Do not TAKE buprenorphine after dosing methadone, you need to give a several day wash out period too because of meth's long half life.
sp0r

I'm pretty sure he was referring to switching FROM subs to methadone. Not taking both simultaneously. I think he was posting about the dilemma of making the switch from an easy convenient subs maint to all the hassles and hoops to go thru with starting over new with MMT.

Even if antihistamines did act on the cough reflex, excessive cough suppression does not equal respiratory depression. This can be seen in the huge, recreational doses of DXM taken by many people. DXM has no opioid activity, and thus does not cause respiratory depression. However, it does act on the cough reflex center and decreases cough. Doses of up to 1000 to 1500mg (30 to 100 times the effective cough control dose) produce no real alterations in respiration.

I believe DXM does indeed have weak opioid affinity. Not a mu agonist, maybe sigma? Not sure how this relates to respiratory depression. I'd imagine the nmda effects to play a greater role in combination with other drugs.

Dont know if it was mentioned yet but check out D-Phenylalanin and make sure it's not the L version. Almost identical but totally different means of functioning.

Ok so...I'm a newbie, so forgive me in advance :). I love vicoprofen, but its because I get a major speed out of it. Tolerance is way high, even after going six months or more with none at all. I'm guessing the potentiation you're talking about is for....the opiate effect? I know I don't want that, but I'm learning tons..so its all good. This place is amazing, if I'd only known then.... :)

antihistamines boost opiates and they are readily available, benzos do too in specific xanax and klonpin. muscle relaxers also boost there effect. its my personal experience that nyquil can help boost the weaker opiates like codeine and hydrocodone. i find the best booster for any opiate though is pure morphine pills as many painkillers get converted to morphine in your body anyway its kinda like you're giving them a headstart

My current PDR lists 160mg OC's also..

Nice thread guys. I find that Atarax which is an anti-histamine, potentiates any opiate very nicely, just as well as prometh or even better, i highly suggest it....

RANDOM NEWS:
Hey i just got my 2006 PDR and it says that they are still making Oxycontin 160's, whats up with that guys?

My new PDR lists a 160mg OC tab aslo,although it has been 7 or 8 years since I saw any 160mg OC's and I only saw them once,a dude I know gave me and a friend 10 of them to get our buzz on,and man we were fucked up as hell,each chewed up a 160mg OC, and even with a pretty high tolerance I had I was nodding like heroin,which the 160's were like ...lol...wiswh they made 160mg Oc's and gave them out like hydrocodones...loll.....

antihistamines boost opiates and they are readily available, benzos do too in specific xanax and klonpin. muscle relaxers also boost there effect. its my personal experience that nyquil can help boost the weaker opiates like codeine and hydrocodone. i find the best booster for any opiate though is pure morphine pills as many painkillers get converted to morphine in your body anyway its kinda like you're giving them a headstart

I know what you mean when you say xanex will boost the opiate effetc! Nothing like a few bags with 2-4 mg of xanex! On occasion i'll take a bit of seroquel as well! NODS AWAY!!! Now if I could only find the new official heroin discussion thread that was supposed to be started! Anyone know the name of it?

I dont want to sound like a know it all, but you really have to potentiate codeine different than most opiate/opiods. It works on different metabolization than most such as oxycodone and hydrocodone. IN fact, it can be dangerous to use the normal potentiating methods with codeine. Plus google potentiating codeine or something around those lines.
sincerely,
sp0r

Well you DO sound like a know-it-all. I tried it, and it worked. I'm not the type to lie, so take my report for whatever you think it's worth and that's that.

lol i can third that...... i fucking love love love beer.

top three all times best things lol......maybe

but its not the best potentiating substance, imo.

DMSO = increase in rectal bioavailability?

... particularly for something like morphine whose rectal bioavailability is the same as oral (~30%). DMSO likely works by increasing the size of pores in membranes (see http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja063363t)

So, theoretically crushing up a pill and rectally administering it in a water/DMSO solution world increase the permeability of the rectal walls and allow for more morphine to pass into the blood stream. I've not tried it, and have no idea how much, if at all, it would increase absorption, or how it would vary at different concentrations. Has anyone tried it? Anyone who does should be aware that higher concentrations of DMSO may cause unpleasant stinging. I wouldn't do more than 20 percent on a first test. Also, It may be unhealthy to do this a lot.

Also, the most recent, largest, and best designed study I've read regarding the efficacy of MorphiDex (DXM/morphine at 1:1 ratio) indicates it doesn't work. http://www.painjournalonline.com/article/S0304-3959(05)00108-9/abstract

However, that doesn't rule out that much higher doses of DXM could be effective, though there you have substantial serotonin reuptake inhibition, which could alter a high substantially (probably for the better) independently of any more direct mechanism of potentiation (i.e. one that doesn't change the qualitative effects of the opiate high). It doesn't rule out that it doesn't work with other opiates/oids either, but does suggest it since so far as I recall DXM's most radical potentiating effects were thought to be with morphine, and so if it doesn't exist with morphine, there's less reason to think it works with others beyond placebo.

My favorite for buprenorphine, other than benzos, would be hydroxyzine hcl.

Since there are 1,000 posts in this thread I'm going to go ahead and close this, and then move it to the OD Archive.

v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.