• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on a mixture to ease my withdrawls the next time around. Last time I went cold turkey and was very miserable.

malaysian kratom + kanna + hydroxyzine.

I think that will help... I'm still working on the last piece of the puzzle.

DXM to potentiate opiates

After researching all the experiences with DXM potentiation, I finally tried it. I took 45 mg DMX with my usual dose of 7.5 mg oxy (1/2 of a roxi). It definitely increased the buzz but made it different. It took the warm blissful feeling to a sloppy out if it sort of feeling. I did not like it but some might especially if they are low on thier opiate and just want a good buzz.
I'd be interested in hearing other experiences.
Today, I will try Tagamet and report back.

Please post any further opioid potentiation experiments in the opioid potentiation mega thread. Also, use the search engine.

I trying some Lyrica, gabapentin, benzos, Suboxone (bupe) with some DXM. Tried to see if some DHC would get my high while on 2mg of bupe taken 7 hours ago. Well i felt something like more relaxed wonder what was going adding opiates after having suboxone and mixing DXM with it all an hour later.

I tried the Tagamet and it didn't do shit for my oxy buzz or duration, just like grapefruit juice.

whats with this thread people just don't search (UTFSE!) or read the thread don't answer my questions and post the same shit over and over just slightly different.

Quninine must be used to cut H to potentate it so its one of the better things H is cut with.

No one else tried norflex?

Yes mate I have. I find it good at potentiating Opiates. It is said to "help opiates find the pain" (wiki) "

Euphoria is an effect reported by many patients and orphenadrine has been investigated for use against depression, as first reported in June 1958 in the American Journal of Psychiatry" (wiki)

It has moderate Anticholinergic activity and is an NMDA receptor antagonist. It's a strong antihistamine derived from Benadryl (Diphenhydramine). Most of it's muscle relaxing effects are due to it's moderate anticholinergic effects, hence its use in Parkinson's Disease.

Conversely it is said to have more stimulating effects than other antihistamine's, which could account for it's anti depressive effects.

I'm also interested in its use in opiate withdrawal.

I read somewhere that Mangiferin potentiates the analgesia of morphine. I couldn't find much material on it, but has anyone else heard of this?

Luckily some doctors are stupid so I have 3 or 4 potentiaters prescribed

For opiate withdrawal I was given
Promethazine
Clonidine
Flexeril
Xanax
(and useless others like antidepressants)

I think it's funny because all 4 of those are decent opiate potentiaters
and since the doc gave me multiple refills I can save some for some fun

(Isn't it funny that they give drug addicts Xanax?) a decent amount too
Even though I don't like it that much by itself a lot of people do
and I heard Zanny withdrawal is worse than Oxycodone...it's that's possible

levomepromazine (methotrimeprazine in US) seems to be very good potentiator and it has strong analgesic effect alone as well

from wiki:
Dosages of concomitantly administered opioids should be reduced by approximately half, because levomepromazine amplifies the therapeutic actions and side-effects of opioids. Combination with tramadol (Ultram) is associated with increased risk of seizures.

Jeepers creepers. The same questions keep coming up time and time again. Maybe I will start to work on a brief document regarding the enzymatic metabolism of various opiates (i.e. which cytochrome is primarily responsible) and a table of p450 inhibitors broken down by subtype of isozyme activity.

Generally, for any enzyme inhibitor, taking it before you dose is a good idea, and, depending on the half life of your enzyme inhibitor and the half life of your opiate, redosing is a good idea. I am on methadone, and recently started to take Cat's Claw with it. I have been finding that it does indeed seem to increase the half life, allowing more drug to accumulate OVER TIME, as well as allowing the methadone to act for a longer period of time. I have said it 5 zillion times before, but I will say it again, p450 enzyme inhibitors are not actually "potentiators" of opiate effect, but rather, the are inhibitors of opiate metabolism. Again, different opiates are metabolized by different subsets of P450 enzymes, and different chemicals inhibit the activity of different subsets of enzymes. You have to match up the metabolic route of a particular opiate with the correct enzyme inhibitor. This does not "potentiate" the effect of the opiate, it merely keeps it from being metabolized as quickly, therefore prolonging the duration of effect. With opiates that are subject to a high first pass metabolic effect, enzyme inhibition can have a large effect on just how much opiate makes it into your blood stream, and hence into your brain. Also, if you take the same opiate chronically, and take the correct enzyme inhibitor chronically, there is the possibility of a much larger accumulation of opiate in your system - again, this is not an immediate effect but one that slowly sets in. Remember, for ANY drug taken chronically, a dose change (which some inhibitors basically cause by increasing the amount of drug that enters circulation), it takes 5 half lives to reach 98 percent of the new steady state serum level. As well, enzyme inhibitors basically result in an increase in the half life of other drugs metabolized primarily by the inhibited enzyme, thus, if you don't change the schedule of your drug consumption, each subsequent dose will add the same amount of drug to the blood levels, but your blood levels will not have dropped by as much from your last dose as compared to if you have not taken an enzyme inhibitor. I think this is pretty much basic pharmacokinetics.

When you are talking about a true potentiator, you are referring to an additive or synergistic effect between two different drugs, generally, two drugs that work by different mechanisms. This is no longer pharmacokinetics, now you have entered the realm of pharmacodynamics.

As far as benzo's go, alprazolam and clonazepam are two benzo's most favorited by methadone maintenance patients in some cities. Different people will react slightly different to different benzo's, it really is a matter of personal preference. There are some subtle receptor binding differences between some benzo's, but for the most part that is strictly academic. Trial and error is the best way to find out which benzo you prefer the most. For me, I love chlordiazepoxide, the very first benzo to hit the North American (and maybe the worlds) market. I also love diazepam because of it's rapid onset of activity. However, it has a very long half life, which is not always a good thing. Alprazolam seems to have the best of both worlds. I would not suggest banging benzo's as they are notoriously water insoluble, but snorting them works great, and I love the taste (which is mostly the taste of the sugar filler in the tabs.

Other substances mentioned by others in these posts could also work well, although I have little experience with them other than with alcohol, THC, DXM, and some psychedelics. So experiment away. Just remember that you are gambling with your life - anybody can develop a devastating addiction on opiates, one that you would be lucky to survive let alone ever be "cured", at least that is my experience, and what I have seen happen to countless others.

if one were to have 100mg morphine sulfate extended release tablets would tagamet, benadryl and dxm (robogels) be useful (and safe) in getting the most out of their morphine?

I was wondering about using non-drowsy OTC antihistamines (loratadine, cetirizine, etc.) to relieve itching and other histamine related side effects of opioids. Perhaps they could also potentiate the subjective effects of the opioids without that miserable groggy variety of sedation provided by older antihistamines (diphenhydramine, etc.). Anyone know or heard anything about this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Usually when opioids are potentiated by antihistamines it is because of their sedative effects, but if you found one that was non-sedative and was a CYP450/CYP3A4 inhibitor, depending on the opioid it could potentiate it. But the majority of the time the reason antihistamines potentiate opioids is because of their sedative properties

I was wondering about using non-drowsy OTC antihistamines (loratadine, cetirizine, etc.) to relieve itching and other histamine related side effects of opioids. Perhaps they could also potentiate the subjective effects of the opioids without that miserable groggy variety of sedation provided by older antihistamines (diphenhydramine, etc.). Anyone know or heard anything about this?

The newer/non-drowsy antihistamines will relieve itching and other histamine-related side effects of opioids but as the matador said will only potentiate if they affect the right receptors.

Most people "potentiate" with antihistamines solely due to the sedation or synergy with opioids.

help

hey jenn i just moved. i won't ask this on a public forum that's dedicated to harm reduction, not sourcing. - leftwing. check the BLUA and OD Guidelines before posting again. repeat this and you'll be reprimanded accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try DHB, a supplement that increases the absorption of any supplement or drug it is taken with, which is WHY the label says NOT to take it with any prescription medication...It seems to work...

hey jenn i just moved down to san diego from LA and i was wondering if you knew where i could score some dope or opiates? im having a real hard time locating anything....

BL is about harm reduction, not to help you score drugs. Please read the rules of the site before making any more posts!

IB4Ban.

Can I get a quick answer?

When is a good time to take diphenhydramine to potinate heroin? before the shot? after the shot?

Please see post labeled; "Awesome CYP-450 Chart!."
This Chart is in-depth & simple. 'Tis all there Baby..
Absolute Kudos to THE Sound Man from tha Heavenly Isle O'Trinidad,.. California Mon!

(find in: Archive- OD, posted by a: soundphaRm, 27th March 2005.)

Status
Not open for further replies.