• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thorn105, yes I have done it successfully, on many occasions, indeed every day for several months. I'd estimate that you might well be able to halve your normal dose by doing this. Effects are probably stronger this way, and definately last a lot longer as well.
The only problem is getting it down without gagging, although i've managed to get over 100grams down before, and regularly swallowed 70-80 grams of powder. It needs to be ground as finely as possible. All I used to do was put it in a cup, add water so it becomes a sludge/slurry and knock it back as quickly as possible, adding more water if necessary. With high doses you will need to repeat this 2 or 3 times. There are probably many things that could be added to improve the taste, but i never bothered. It's foul, but it sure works!
Be careful with your dose though, as you may be more likely to overdo it this way, and make sure to relieve your bowles regularly to avoid build up.
Hope this helps!

its a double bonus i just had ~500mg codeine ~400mg dihydrocodeine (DHC) after taking 50mg phenergan (promethazine) an hour before and 300mg quinine. then after an hour after codeine i had more DHC while i took some Tagamet because tagamet is meant to potentate DHC but not codeine but keeps more morphine in ya stomach so i figure after codeine has been in stomach for over an hour taking a tagamet would potentiate and be good cause i going to keep taking DHC over next few hours.
Also just had some valium and gabapentin after the tagamet.

Has anyone used major tranquilizers to potent opiates like seroquel or other atypical anit psychotics or other ....*zine drugs

How many people use quinine here? please post and tell us what u think of it

I would like to know myself the relationship between anti-psychotics and opiates, as I take both daily. I don't really know whether they increase or decrease opiate-induced euphoria, although they certainly decrease the euphoria of other drugs I have taken.
Can anyone answer my earlier question as to whether Cat's Claw is an NDMA agonist rather than an enzyme inhibitor?

do SSRI's increase opiates? never heard of that

Yeah, most of them are enzyme blockers, so they make opiates last longer at least. Some people have died with SSRIs in their system on methadone. Anti-depressants have been partial "suspect" potentiators in a few opiate related deaths. One case that comes to mind is Anna Nicole's son.. Then she died of a similar combo.. I have no idea what.

Quick question

Really quick is this a good way to potentiate my hydro:

30 min before hydro-tagamet 200mg
15 min before hydro-benadryl25mg
and then my hydro? is that okay will it work?

Somas and/or benzos. Its been said before and I will say it again. Even tiny amounts of k-pin (i.e. .5mg) will double the effect, an

I've taken 0.125 mg of clonazepam to a synergestic effect before. Definitely noticable, partly euphoric.

Really quick is this a good way to potentiate my hydro:

30 min before hydro-tagamet 200mg
15 min before hydro-benadryl25mg
and then my hydro? is that okay will it work?

It probably would work, but not as well as if you took them maybe more like 1 hour before - tagamet 400 mg
45 min before - benadryl 25 mg
and then hydro. Just to give the tagamet and benadryl time to work their liver magic.

Somas and/or benzos. Its been said before and I will say it again. Even tiny amounts of k-pin (i.e. .5mg) will double the effect, an
Double the effect? what the fuck what are u basing that on and what opiate effect is that? sedation CNS?
tiny amounts well i suppose i can't take the piss out there cause start small no point using more than u need to safely

I've taken 0.125 mg of clonazepam to a synergestic effect before. Definitely noticable, partly euphoric.
clonaz is partly euphoric i recon cause it acts differently to other benzos and acts on seritonin a bit
its like a more friendly xanax i recon.
well .125 is not much what 2.5mg valium equivalent

Ok, I've read through most of these posts but I'm still a bit confused. Here's my deal:

I have Lortab 7.5/500, Percocet 10/325, Valium 10mg, and Promethazine. With all thi my pain is still not under control and my doc refuses to write for anything else. What am I better off with...grapefruit juice or Tagament. I've taken the promethazine with each of the others only to have fallen asleep a few minutes later. How can I potentiate the pain meds?

Hello everyone. This might sound crazy, but back when i was on Effexor, I felt a much stronger euphoria from oxycodone and hydro. The high lasted much longer, as well. Also noticed this effect when taking Cymbalta & Pristique (which are in the same class of drugs as Effexor). You have to be taking it (Effexor) for around 2 or 3 weeks, though, because it builds up. Now that I'm not on an SNRI anymore, the highs I get just aren't as strong.

ps - grapefruit juice works for me with hydro.

whats with this thread people just don't search (UTFSE!) or read the thread don't answer my questions and post the same shit over and over just slightly different.

Quninine must be used to cut H to potentate it so its one of the better things H is cut with.

No one else tried norflex?

Interesting what you say about Effexor, Crucibelle. I was trying to find out whether going back onto that from Paroxetine would potentiate the effects of my methadone. In the end, i stayed on the Paroxetine but maybe an SNRI would work better.

One way to potentiate methadone if you are talking about antidepressants, is to take it with fluvoxamine, or possibly fluoxetine or sertraline. These SSRI's are all potent CYP450 enzyme inhibitors, inhibiting several of the isozymes responsible for methadone metabolism. I remember a few years ago when I re-entered a MM program, I got my doctor to switch me to fluvoxamine because I knew it would boost my methadone levels by 25 to 50 percent, maybe more. I never got higher than a 45mg dose as I was constantly on the nod and ended up on the psych ward because I could not take care of myself anymore. Of course my brain was quite fried at the time as I was at the end of a year long crack binge, had lost 60 pounds (from 195 lbs down to 135 lbs), and was watching my marriage go up in flames around me, so there were other things, but I know that when I had not been on fluvoxamine in the past when I had been in the program, I could tolerate much higher doses, and now I feel strung out many times on a daily dose of 114mg.

Grapefruit juice, Tagament, fluvoxamine, each of these drugs does not really potentiate the activity of opioids, they increase the levels of the opiates. Yes, that means you are getting a stronger effect with any given dose, but that is because you are basically taken a higher dose. Usually when pharmacologists talk about potentiate they are talking about something acting by a unique pathway, causing any given serum level of opiate (or whatever agonist is being studied) to have an increased effect, or a broader spectrum of activity. Things that would be in this category would be things such as alcohol, benzodiazepines, possibly antihistamines, cannabis, and so on.

At least this has always been my understanding of the material

One last thing, antidepressants in general can enhance the experience of opiates if there is an underlying depressive etiology. Many people who struggle with depression will experience life and opiates in a more positive way if the antidepressants alleviate the symptoms of depression.

^ Most anti-depressants tend to flatten out the emotions though, rather then boost happiness whilst minimizing depressive thoughts. However, some therapy might be able to help one to see life in a better way, as might a new found belief in religion or spirituality.

I remember a few years ago when I re-entered a MM program, I got my doctor to switch me to fluvoxamine because I knew it would boost my methadone levels by 25 to 50 percent, maybe more.

It's amazing how much it can boost it, I think fluvoxamine is an exception rather then the rule when it comes to anti-D's increasing levels of methadone.

I still have a few questions regarding methadone potentiation.
1) Will taking Paroxetine/Seroxat/Paxil have the same potentiation effect as the other SSRIs mentioned?
2) Is taking Cimetidine/Tagamet AND Grapefruit Juice together, a waste of time in terms of meth potentiation, given that they are both enzyme inhibitors?
3) Sometimes I take Diazapam along with my methadone. Will taking Cimetidine reduce the effects of the Diazapam in any way? Just I is feeling a lot less benefit from taking Diazapam on an irregular basis, for potentiation, than when I was just taking GFJ. It could be that my tolerance to diazapam may have risen, but I haven't been taking it that often.
4) Can anyone clarify for me whether or not Cat's Claw is an enzyme inhibitor or an NDMA agonist? I was under the impression that it was the latter, but Kebil gave a very detailed explanation on how it is actually an enzyme inhibitor, like GFJ or Cimetidine. If i'm already taking GFJ and Cimetidine there seems little point in taking another drug that does basically the same thing. However, if it is an NDMA agonist, there may be some benefit in me doing so.
5) Will Kava-Kava capsules (30% Kavaclatones) have a beneficial effect on my Methadone dose. I would extend that to other sedative,relaxant ethnobotanicals as well.

Hope someone can help me with some or all of these queries. Thanks!

Fluvoxamine maleate (Luvox), an SSRI Anti-Depressant medication greatly potentiates Methadone

Status
Not open for further replies.