• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

Is it true that taking promethazine before using opiates will shorten/weaken the high due to something with liver enzymes? But taking it after dosing the opiates is fine?

Put simply yes. It has been spoken about many times in previous threads (checkout v1.0). Basic theory is the enzyme (CYP2D6) is used to metabolise both promethazine and codeine, so it is thought that the enzymes are busy metabolising the promethazine, leaving more of the codeine around.

Additionally, being a first-generation anti-histamine it can also have a sedating affect which can help potentiate the codeine high. And since it is an anti-histamine, it also helps with the itch which I love.

It's often used medicinally in OTC products.

Done and CWE once (~200mg of codeine - average for me) but with no promethazine, the next morning I had crazy bruises/scratch marks on my legs!! =/

I really can't give a simply answer can I? Le sigh. Click here to be hand-held ;) :p

Last edited:
Hi im new to this and am taking 5mg Percs 5x a day for chornic pain and i find the pills dont do much of anything for me anymore after a couple months and im looking for a way to boost the pain killing properties because my doc wont up my doseage, I read about Dimenhydrinate
Diphenhydramine and Cyclobenzaprine will boost them but im wondering how/why they do? Also whats the doseage for these and when to take them? I have a script for Cyclo aka flexerix for muscle spasms and have taken them around the same time before but they didnt seem to do anything. Any help would be great, thanks!

I am experimenting tizanidin as a booster for oxycodone. Took two 2mg pills of it hour ago and two crushed 20mg oxycodone half hour ago. The rush feels more energetic and relaxed when comparing into a alprazolam, Atarax and diazepam combo I have been using before. Waiting to see how nodding phase compares into it.

Wow. The nodding phase seems truly intensive but I can clearly hear things and see some geometric visuals. Feels as intensively as taking 80-100mg of oxycodone.

Nodding phase still continues but I can end it by starting doing something. This is great.

Edit: In general tizanidin seems to boost oxycodone well. It gave really relaxed effects in the end and made me get sleep easily. I dont know if it is because I had no tolerance into it when comparing the other combo but I definately will continue using it for recreational purposes during weekends and keep the tolerance low.

Last edited:
Hi im new to this and am taking 5mg Percs 5x a day for chornic pain and i find the pills dont do much of anything for me anymore after a couple months and im looking for a way to boost the pain killing properties because my doc wont up my doseage, I read about Dimenhydrinate
Diphenhydramine and Cyclobenzaprine will boost them but im wondering how/why they do? Also whats the doseage for these and when to take them? I have a script for Cyclo aka flexerix for muscle spasms and have taken them around the same time before but they didnt seem to do anything. Any help would be great, thanks!

20mg of Cyclobenzaprine potentiates Opiates somewhat well for me. It makes it easier to nod with smaller amounts of Oxy than normal and makes the euphoira a little bit better. I would start with 10mg of the Cyclo though to see if that works, as too much can make you pass the f out.

Diphenhydramine works better than Cyclobenzaprine in MY opinion. I use 50-75mg of it about 30 mins before I take Oxy or Hydro and it potentaites the effects all around in general (euphoria, anagelsia, everything imo). Start with 25-50mg of the Diphenhydramine, and it's probably not wise to use more than 75mg.

i know ambien and soma and xanax work great but i've read that milk thistle works very well also, does anyone have any experience with milk thistle, if so IM me to let me know how it worked cause i just bought some and i'll get back to anyone else who wants to know how it worked on me.

JayArEm said:
OxyChem said:
20mg of Cyclobenzaprine potentiates Opiates somewhat well for me. It makes it easier to nod with smaller amounts of Oxy than normal and makes the euphoira a little bit better. I would start with 10mg of the Cyclo though to see if that works, as too much can make you pass the f out.

Diphenhydramine works better than Cyclobenzaprine in MY opinion. I use 50-75mg of it about 30 mins before I take Oxy or Hydro and it potentaites the effects all around in general (euphoria, anagelsia, everything imo). Start with 25-50mg of the Diphenhydramine, and it's probably not wise to use more than 75mg.
I'd be checking the daily APAP consumption here as well.

Diphenhydramine (dimenhydrinate is effectively the same thing) is a good start though it can be pretty hypnotic. Check out this thread for inhibiting enzymes which process the drug.
Awesome CYP-450 Chart!

Milk thistle (or Silybum) has been known to show heptoprotective properties. As far as potentiating opiates I've never heard of, no.

Maybe if you're method of ingestion for your codeine is by ingesting copious of Ibuprofen+/APAP then yes it can help! Please safe! :)

I'm condemned to take 5mg instead of my 10mg/day for the next week till my refill.

Will WGFJ help potentiate 5mg to the extent of 10mg? Thanks for any response.

Woah, just blew my orgasmic mind :S. Having thought I had quite a tolerance to opiates I brewed a pretty strong tea with slightly acidic water and jim bean plus some GFJ and orange ( Also take 600mg+ pregabalin daily) . Drank it in a really warm bath and phwoar doing "stuff" whilst having extremely sexual/fantasy thought trains at the same time as using my own body was absolutely amazing. Sorry for it being a pretty odd post but still, intense!

would taking a small dose of adderall help potentiation because it's a dopamine and norpepinephrine reuptake inhibitor?

Last edited:
Bought 2 litres of WGFJ. Will tell you the results (both with methadone and benzos). Stay tuned.

I posted this in BDD but didn't get the responses I was looking for, hoping someone here can help me out.

I have a 20mg oxycodone pill I plan on taking later today and would like to make the most of it. I have taken oxycodone before with the addition of 50mg dph before taking the oxycodone. I've been reading up on opiate potentiating and many people suggest white grapefruit juice. Unfortunately most of the posts that I've read have been from before the new "unabusable" oxycodone formula. Now that I have the new pills how will the white grapefruit juice interact with the oxy? To my understanding the grapefruit juice slows down the liver from metabolizing the oxy, but since the oxy is now time released (Or so I'm told), could drinking a few cups of grapefruit juice have any potentially adverse effects with the new oxycodone pills?

^ I found this on wikipedia:

Slow release versions of drugs are affected by grapefruit, causing the entire dosage to be metabolized at once.

Link

^Indeed. Alcohol has this effect on some extended-release formulations of drugs. It's called dose-dumping and can actually be quite dangerous.

lyirca, tagamet, klonopin, diphenhydramine, and weed are my favorites

If you bought everything on the list, you'd be paying more for that than you would for your dope! How signifigant would the difference be between going in raw dog with the dope to taking a trivial amount of a good number of the potentiators?

I've tried a lot of them on their own (GF juice, benadryl, Alcohol, Cannabis), but ive never combined a lot of them although I am willing to give it a go. Anybody out there do the whole list with a dose?

If so, was it more intense? Longer lasting? Both? Just a little curious....

Will Kratom Boost my methdone>@ 135mg daily..
Kratom may produce some adregenic and possible non mu opioid effects on top of methadone but I would think that amount of methadone will blockade the mu receptors. Kratom also has some antagonists in it which could result in diminished effects. You would probably feel the same and any differences would likely not be a greater methadone high.

^Agreed. Kratom's effects are quite variable from person to person and from strain to strain. At that methadone dose, I don't see any positive effects coming from mixing the two.