• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

Can I just be straight up? I'm banging 100mg MS caps, filtered properly of course, is anything I can add to 'potentiate' the duration or the high?
What if I drink a shitload of white grapefruit juice one hour prior to hitting up?

Cimetidine might be a good option, and/or some of the antihistamines listed at the beginning of the thread.

Also might add a little Phenazepam I mean, why the f not?

Respiratory depression and death are a couple of good reasons why not :\

Cimetidine might be a good option, and/or some of the antihistamines listed at the beginning of the thread.

Respiratory depression and death are a couple of good reasons why not :\

Touche ;)

But I'll have a look in the beginning of the thread mate, cheers

<3

why (is?) is it better to take potentiators before opiates?

I always read that you should take potentiators such as diphenhydramine,dxm, and grapefruit juice/cimetadine up to an hour BEFORE the opiate....why is this the case, espeically in the case of additive potentiators?? I understand why inhibiting the cyp enzymes BEFORE taking the opiate, but in the case of antihistamines and dxm, would it not be better to administer them at once so that they effect you simultaneously???
Code:

Some antihistamines can take a little while to kick in, if you using a MOA that has a fast onset (smoking, nasal, plugging, IV) then you want the antihistamine to probably be kicking or already working when you dose.

When I dose orally, I usually pop my dexclorpheniramine with the dose.

As for DXM, it's probably because if people are using it to keep tolerance at bay, they want the NMDA antagonism to be going before they put opioids in.

I have try ketoconazole,2x200 mg,taken ONLY with full stomach,best while you're eating,it makes a couple of hours to work(or a litl bit longer),but it lasts for 24 hours at least.I have try it only with fent.and i can say that 2 pills increase it about 60%,with 3 it's 80-100%.I know you don't believe me,but it's real true.I don't know about other opiates.But just a thing.ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH VERY GREAT TOLERANCE,DON'T PLAY WITH FENT,YOU DON'T WANNA START TURNING BLUE,RIGHT?PLEASE,BE CAREFUL AND SAFE!If you take it please don't hurry,it will take some time to work,but after you'll remember me..;)And don't forget the food,I usually take it with some bread..PLEASE AGAIN,BE CAREFUL AND SAFE!!..

^^What he said, and even in the case of orally administered opiates, you want to wait at least 10 minutes or so, just so whatever potentiators you're using have at least started to kick in.

Firstly, it's always better to space out in time ingestion of any 2 drugs in time because if it's not done, their bioavailability may drop (like they have to go through some channels in stomach to get into bloodstream, sometimes it's the same one).

But I don't think that taking potentiators before opioids is mandatory to feel strengthened effects. With drugs like morphine, heroin, hydromorphone etc. it should be done before because these opioids don't work for too long. And it really may take some time for some antihistamines to kick in (although there are some that start working in 15-30 minutes).

I myself take dexbrompheniramine along with methadone and I always take it AFTER methadone. If I do it, it's sometimes even hours and I still feel a pronounced effect.

I'd imagine methadone is a special case because of how-long acting it is. The next question to the OP would be, what opiate are you talking about specifically?

There are a lot of long-acting opioids that would meet needs of a regular junkie, it's just that there aren't too many of them available commercially.

My friend has never tried potentiating opiates w/ OTC products, but after some reading decided to give it a try. He decided that cimetadine and white grapefruit would be a good combo, BUT, he cannot find cimetadine (A.K.A. Tagament [sic?]) or WGJ anywhere, and he's looked a lot.

SO, (and I know its been covered elsewhere but only indirectly or incompletely) would red GFJ be sufficient, or even just have a slight effect?
And 2) would "omeprazole" or "ranitidine" be a decent replacement for cimetadine?

Finally, if any of these products are taken about 2 hours after oral ingestion of oxycodone, will there be any effect at all?

^ White grapefruit isn't actually white... it's a yellow fruit. I always used that. As for cimetidine, I haven't used it because it seems to be hard to find here in Australia. It's Schedule III, so is kept behind the counter and the pharmacist must be involved in the sale.

Omeprazole and ranitidine won't substitute, as the effect you want from cimetidine is it's inhibition of CYP3A4, which metabolizes many opioids into their inactive metabolites.

What opioid are you using? And where do you live?

My friend has never tried potentiating opiates w/ OTC products, but after some reading decided to give it a try. He decided that cimetadine and white grapefruit would be a good combo, BUT, he cannot find cimetadine (A.K.A. Tagament [sic?]) or WGJ anywhere, and he's looked a lot.

SO, (and I know its been covered elsewhere but only indirectly or incompletely) would red GFJ be sufficient, or even just have a slight effect?
And 2) would "omeprazole" or "ranitidine" be a decent replacement for cimetadine?

Finally, if any of these products are taken about 2 hours after oral ingestion of oxycodone, will there be any effect at all?

If you drink white GFJ, then you don't really need the cimetidine, assuming you drink the appropriate amount of GFJ. Red would probably work, but the white supposedly has a significantly greater concentration of the CYP450 inhibitors.
And you should take it 2 hours before ingestion if anything. At 2 hours after, you won't notice it. The GFJ/cimetidine affect the digestion of the drug, but the GFJ must be digested before it's effects will begin. So if you take it after your opiate, then your opiate will break down before the GFJ does, and it's too late.
Hope this helps!
And I can find cimetidine/tagamet at walmart, target, large grocery stores and any pharmacy (walgreens, CVS, etc), if you are in the US.

Hmm... aren't the majority of opiates metabolized into stronger versions of the drug?

i.e. Codeine turns into Morphine and another metabolite via your liver enzymes.
OxyCodone turns into Noroxycodone and Oxymorphone via these enzymes.

So wouldn't you want to take potentiators after the dose of opiates has kicked in? That way, you get the stronger effects (in most cases) of the metabolite, but having the antihistamine kick in about 30 minutes after would let most of the drug be metabolized then block the exit of the metabolite from your body as well as synergyzing, no?

I think after gives stronger and longer effects. Opinions from doctors, pharmacists or biochemists, etc...?

Methadone is the only one I've had the chance to use :)

Buprenorphine is another one that is used for analgesia and in addiction. Levomethadyl acetate is used in addiction. Beside those there are levorphanol, phenomorphan, levomethorphan, 14-hydroxy and 14-alkyloxy derivatives of them. Levorphanol is actually one of my favorites generally, it has no rush no matter what way taken but when it hits it's hours of nodding.

Yeah friend lives on east coast of USA and can't find tagament ANYWHERE, real bummer for him. He takes oxycodone (oraly for the most part) and heroin (only snorted, plugged one time), from what I've read, the OTC potentiators will work if taken properly for those 2 compounds---please correct me if I'm wrong

---also, I've seen bits and pieces about Magnesium and fatty foods aiding the absorption of oxycodone specifically. Anyone wish to comment about that, or if it was already discussed and I overlooked it in this thread, direct me to the relevant page(s)?

Thanks

And here Tagamet is money thrown in because 30 tablets cost over 60 PLN (worth ~$20 but here it's a lot). So I buy Rennie Antacidum, 24 tabs for 10 PLN, calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate. Anyway, I haven't noticed any major difference. Actually it's no difference if I compare it with mixing my methadone with 1 crushed retard tablet with 6mg of dexbrompheniramine. I've found it to be the best antihistamine with anticholinergic properties to boost opioids effects so far (not counting smoking 200-250mg of dried leaves of Atropa belladonna, e.g. mixed with tobacco).

Hmm... aren't the majority of opiates metabolized into stronger versions of the drug?

No, the former are pro-drugs, the latter being their active metabolites. But this is not true for all opiates. Best example is Codeine which itself is not active until metabolised in-vivo into it's most active metabolite morphine (amongst others).

No, the former are pro-drugs, the latter being their active metabolites. But this is not true for all opiates. Best example is Codeine which itself is not active until metabolised in-vivo into it's most active metabolite morphine (amongst others).

almost all opiates are "pro-drugs" in some sense of the word. Morphine to 3MAM, Oxymorphone to Noroxymorphone, Heroin to 6-MAM and Morphine, etc...

still the question lingers... before or after metabolism?
If you go before you are restricting the amount of the stronger metabolite, if you go after, you are letting the drug be metabolized but blocking the exit of the active metabolites my stuffing up your liver. NO?