The Suicide Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to remind everyone here that the Suicide Support Thread - of all places - is not an environment for flame wars and that appropriate action will be taken against users who decide to deride the notion of cultivating a safe and open discussion forum by posting inane and aggressive comments directed toward other members, whether they be in crisis at the moment or otherwise.

~ Vaya

Well I am struggling with some issues. I am trying my hardest to think positive, to keep things in perspective, and to try to be happy.

Well I am struggling with some issues. I am trying my hardest to think positive, to keep things in perspective, and to try to be happy.

Keep up the first two, my friend; the third will then come in and of itself, and you won't have to struggle with "trying" as often as you may be finding yourself doing now!

So glad to read you're feeling better at the moment. Here's to the next :D

~ Vaya

Seriously, my life sucks? I am ruined. I really don't want to live anymore...

It's not like I am going to off myself today but I feel like I am almost ready to. Me? What's wrong? I grew up in a middle class home but was spoiled by my mother who raised me as a single parent. I had the best of everything....well, almost! I began well. Top of my class. I am tall, I was VERY good-looking, well-educated and well-spoken. I graduated high school, moved out, bought a condo with a girl, worked 2 jobs and went to school full time(community college). The girl left, I started selling and doing coke and crank and weed. I had never gotten drunk, smoked a cigarette or gotten high before. I made a conscious choice to start using. I made great deal of money and wasted it all. Within 6 months, I had an ounce a day to the nose habit. I called my mom, went to rehab and then ended up going to an ivy league college on a full ride.

I graduated and went out into the abysmal world of post-do-com. I soon started doing ebay and amazon for a living and made a bunch of money anyway. I used it all on drugs and partying and I can't remember every having any real money even though I had a store and two employees of my own. I knocked up one of my employees and decided to go get a high-paying union job with good benefits. The mother of my child dumped me. I still went and got a captain's license in just a few years. Worked on boats as was always my dream and became quite good at it.

I hated not living in California and I missed my kid so I moved back. I applied for my well-deserved officer's license and the coast guard took away all my paperwork that allowed me to work as a merchant marine because I had a dope misdemeanor. I owed $80,000 still on the tuition from the school I had just attended to get the officer's license. I didn't lie to anyone, I had been relatively sober for a long time.

Anyway, I gave up at that point. I started using IV drugs for the first time. I got back together with the mother of my child and took it to a whole new level. I started robbing people....I stole a lot of stuff. I still had standards and still do. I am no longer with the mother of my child and, just a few weeks ago ripped off an iphone from one of his friends from 2nd grade's neighbors.

I wish I was dead. I know my son will be better off without me. I am a piece of shit. I really am though. I'm not the worst guy in the world but I'm not a good one. I have lost everything but my mother. Nearly my entire close family is dead... I'm not going to kill myself until my mom dies but when she does, I am gone! I can't stand my life. I don't like hurting people. I don't like being poor. I LOATHE the person that I have become.

Seriously, why not kill myself? I am miserable. I cannot get a decent job because now I have many felonies on my record not a misdemeanor. I'm done.....I never had a chance. Sorry to put this all on whomever happens across it. I can't say my life would have been better without drugs but I'm pretty sure it would have been. If there was a way to dig myself out and I could do it, I would. I mean, I would do anything including commit murder or allowing myself to be raped in order to have had a chance but time has run out....

I am no longer beautiful. I am no longer innocent. I have hurt so many people and brought so many people down. I HAVE NO HOPE! And, there is no reason to hope. So, if I am not going to get better and I know it. If I am not going to stop hurting people and I know it. If I no longer care very much and certainly not enough to make any more drastic changes then why don't I just kill myself?

Thanks, that helped a little but not much...

joeyknuckles said:
I HAVE NO HOPE!

This may be so, but only for as long as you allow yourself to believe it. You do possess a degree of control over harnessing actionable change in your own life, no matter the extent of your past circumstances.

joeyknuckles said:
And, there is no reason to hope

What makes you think so?

Welcome to Bluelight, joeyknuckles...

~ Vaya

What's up ?

I have destroyed myself, physically and mentally, to the point where I can barely ever stand up. I do not want to live anymore but cannot seem to just end it. I am a drunk. I do not want to be who I am. I am garbage.

I have destroyed myself, physically and mentally, to the point where I can barely ever stand up. I do not want to live anymore but cannot seem to just end it. I am a drunk. I do not want to be who I am. I am garbage.

Times like this aren't good to make such big decisions, these feelings of worthlessness are both false and temporary.

Do you have anyone you could call IRL to be with you or just to talk to, hang on in there, things won't always be like this and you do have value in this world <3

You're welcome to PM me anytime

The few people who kind of understand me never seem to have any time. Idk why I'm still alive...My suicidal ideations won't let up

The few people who kind of understand me never seem to have any time. Idk why I'm still alive...My suicidal ideations won't let up
I think you're an amazing guy SE.

I hope you're doing ok; I am having ups and downs and it can be challenging but I am thankful to be alive. <3

Very sad today:( tryin to stay cheered up but too much shit bringing me down

Hey OG, some days seem sent to try us, don't they ?

Hang on in there, tomorrow will be a brand new day and I hope it will bring some light into your life.

Hey OG, some days seem sent to try us, don't they ?

Hang on in there, tomorrow will be a brand new day and I hope it will bring some light into your life.

Yeah when I woke up I was fine, then my fiancé emailed me with news, it should be good news but for me it's bad news. She's leaving her detox on the 26th and moving to another place for a couple weeks. I know I shouldn't be selfish but I just want her home. I've been with her almost every day for almost 7 years so it's really hard for me to even think that she's gonna be away for a month. On the bright side of that, the rehab facility is a little closer to me and I'll be able to see her more often. But I can't see the bright side. I know it's there but I can't get past my bad feeling about it.

I've been talkin to her trough email and she's also said that she probably won't be coming back to my parents house (that's where we be been living) she says her dad doesn't want her here anymore. Too many bad things have happened here. I don't wanna be here either. I don't even wanna be in this city. But idk if I'd be able to go with here wherever she goes when she gets out of rehab. Just more shit to make me feel even worse. Idk what to fucking do, I guess there is nothing I can do but suck it up but that's hard as fuck right now

That's tough OG, I rely so much on my partner, separation is painful no matter what the reason. I can understand why you would have such mixed feelings, life never seems to be simple.

It sounds like there are many things that are uncertain but it's clear how much you care for her and it's that that really counts, you'll find a way <3

I fucking envy you because I can't cry no matter how hard I try, therefore I can't let this shit out.
It took me a while to allow myself to grieve, so I can imagine how you feel.

I hope things get better for us <3

Status
Not open for further replies.