The song that hooked you...

underscore_omega... i agree with you, being one of the slightly older members of this board. Kyk's question, though, was what hooked you. i can remember hearing Kraftwerk when it first came out... Orb... and on and on. BUT, i didn't really like it much then. It didn't make sense to my ears until i became a bit more mature. In that time, i started being exposed more and more to that sort of music, eventually, someone played Rabbit in the Moon - and that's what HOOKED me. It's got little to do with exposure, but more to do with what draws us all in.
i get your point too, but thought i'd add in my 2 cents, there, as usual... some of these kiddies are just starting to explore.
be well...
.da angel.
------------------
if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?

I would have to say Flaming June by Bt ... one of the most emotional uplifting songs I have ever heard.... definetly check out the PvD mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiles
see ya in Atlanta March 23 for PvD yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its got to be Ascention "Someone" (track 5 on Oakenfold Tranceport.
But if there is a song that gets me out of my seat every time It is AK1200's mix of Drowning from Fully Automatic.
"I need a spirit who can touch my soul
I need a voice to speak the truth...
Someone like you"

But if there is a song that gets me out of my seat every time It is AK1200's mix of Drowning from Fully Automatic.
Someone like you"

Someone like you"

Someone like you"

Rabbit In The Moon-O.B.E(out of body experience)
I first heard this song and chills immediatly went all down my spine, to this day it still happens. PEACE

Rabbit In The Moon-O.B.E(out of body experience)
I first heard this song and chills immediatly went all down my spine, to this day it still happens. PEACE

The song that first got me listening to dance music was Ebeneezer Goode by the shamen.
The song that turned me into a rave-head was Ultra Sonic - anihilating rythm.
The song that convinced me to buy turntables & spend just about everything I own on records was a rare release (and an extremely exhilerating version) of grease 2000 - three drives on a vinyl.
The song that got me listening to jungle as was the aphrodite remix of jungle brother.
But my personal favourite of all time is still Scott Grooves - Mothershop Reconnection (daft punk mix). Even your grandmother wont be able to stop dancing when that tune comes on!

I'd say the first Prodigy cd, Experience. Then a big one was Fatboy Slim's "Going of out of my head" and also Crystal Method's "Keep Hope Alive".
------------------
BeatFreak aka "Rick"
AIM: GhettoBlasterUGA
"I live for inspiration, for without that I will die."
"Music is the soundtrack for the crappy movie that is my life."

Well the tune that really got me 'hooked' was probably Binary Finary's 1998.
But since Underscore_omega is moanin' about all the new music, I'll also add that the tune that first got me into electronic music was probably Ellis Dee's Rock To The Max, on an old Fantasia tape I had. I can't pick 'owt older than that because I'm only 21
smile.gif

Robert Miles - Children
The Prodigy - Fire
R.I.T.M. - Deeper
Orb - Little Fluffly Clouds

It was probably "Meet her at the love parade" that got me into dance. The CD that made me become a trance head was Euphoria Vol. 1. (You can get it at Amazon.co.uk) It had every old classic on it.

It was probably "Meet her at the love parade" that got me into dance. The CD that made me become a trance head was Euphoria Vol. 1. (You can get it at Amazon.co.uk) It had every old classic on it.

I would have to say the song that hooked me would be Three Drives on a Vinyl - Greese 2000 or Lock n Load - Blow Ya Mind
Peace Out,
tanner

My first trance CD I got, w/o realizing it was trance.. I was shopping right after Xmas last year in Best buy... I heard this amazing song being played over the speakers while browsing, found out it was on a John Digweed CD: Digweed, GU Sydney
smile.gif

Song: Paul van Dyke- Words...... *melts*
Then I met my boyfriend and he introduced me to jungle... now I fucking LOVE Dieselboy.
*winks*
------------------
AIM: MoondancerKat
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a
happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or
her as far away from a church as you can." ~Frank Zappa~