The song that hooked you...

Cyc

Bluelighter
O.K. I'm assuming that everyone might have or might even remember the song that hooked them to electronic music. For me, I think it was The Reading Rainbow theme song as the pulsing beats come in during the intro.
smile.gif

After that, U96 - Love Sees No Colour dragged me further, and it was finally clinched with Orbital's - Halcyon+on+on.
So let's hear it.. What was everyone's definitive moment?

I will always remember the song that hooked me...
It was Darude's "Sandstorm".
smile.gif
Ever heard it? I love it, it will always be my favorite.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
~*Bunnie
"Smile, the world is yours to own"

I was listening to Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure - Expeditions, and the track that hooked me was the last track of the second cd...
Mike Koglin - The Silence (Tekara mix by Matt Darey)
------------------
"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"

Sandstorm is the BOMB!!!
you never heard it Sinthetic??
Next time I come to your casa i will bring it...hehehe
wink.gif

anyway...i hate to admit it, but
johnny vicious..ESCTACY..
NO Response PLEASE!!!
peace

i think halcyon clinched it for me too, mostly stuff like chemical brothers and orbital did the trick. Not anywhere close to what i like now, but i can thank it for moving me on to other stuff.
------------------
*_=Cheese....: it's whats for dinner=_*

I was at a record store, perusing the bins, listening to whatever they were playing. I heard this really funny track being played, and asked what it was - New Order, Vanishing Point. Well, I bought the album and the guy was wrong - that wasn't what I'd heard but it was what I found I truly liked. Ceremony off the New Order "Substance" album clinched electronica for me, and Orbital's "Halcyon + On + On" and "Lush" made me commint whole heartedly. Never looked back.

For me, once again, it was Orbital's Halcyon on+ on+. I started with that track then just got into the whole album. Next was Underworld's Beacoup Fish album, and it just moved on from there. It seems a few of us have some gratitude to show to Orbital
smile.gif

Hmmm... I sorta fell into it all at once (who didn't!), but it would have to be a toss up betwenn Chicane - Lost You Somewhere (heliotropic mix), and Orbital - The girl with the sun in her head.

I can't say that one song clinched my love for electronica, but Yomanda's Synth n' Strings was one of my first favorites.
------------------
Jonathan
What's your name? What've you had? Reach for the lasers. Safe as fuck.

Push- universal Nation
Micro- micro tech mix (the entire album hooked me, his second album i think)
BT- remember (the original from ESCM)
------------------
the more you think about it, the more milk makes sense
give the next person you see an open-mouth kiss and a slap on the ass for me
love peace and grease
ed!

It wasn't a single set really. I just happened to go to this club overseas where Digweed was spinning. DIdn't even know who he was. after that i was hooked

Haha, Reading Rainbow.. damn I wish I had the equipment needed to remix that, cause that would be a KILLER track {note to anyone who is going to use my idea, please fly me out to wherever you are so I can help you with it}
I guess, lets see.. for me
JayDee, Plastic Dreams.
Frankie Knuckls, The Whistle Song.
Herbie Hancook, Rocket.
Axel F, Axel F {Beverly hills cop}
Those are the songs that really stick out in my mind as the ones that caught me early on.
I remember, back in 1986 or so. Listening to the Radio here in Buffalo Ny.. listeing to some priate radio stuff from Toronto Canada.. they played some really early rave/club music. I remember, I was too young to even go to these places.. All I knew was the music they played sounded great. These days, I wish I could go back to that time.. and this time actully go to wherever it was they brodcasted from and see it with my own eyes.
Jay
------------------
"Roads, where we're going we don't need any roads."

I would have to say Block Rockin Beats by the Chemical Brothers. But now I like house, so. . . As for house the song that hooked me to it would be Bang by Robbie Rivera. Great tune! Peace,

I would have to say Block Rockin Beats by the Chemical Brothers. But now I like house, so. . . As for house the song that hooked me to it would be Bang by Robbie Rivera. Great tune! Peace,
------------------
Vestaxboy
AKA DJ Willy C
HoUsE mUsIc AlL nIgHt LoNg!
Check out my New Album "Don't Funk With'em" comming out whenever I get good!
"And Remember. . . DJ's Don't Share Needles!"

Recession Thursday's in Time Square.. Jay, I was a little young then but the magic of the early techno scene in Toronto was something of an enigma.
Back when Energy 108 was the underground source for us, I remember tuning into it at 3:00 am, with my portable stereo and taping every set they played; this was back when my peers were diehard Nirvana fans. I wish Toronto still had that edge on the industry.
Kyk.

The first time I saw madonnas unconscious video...hey its pretty close to trance than the first time I heard aks lock and roll cd I fell in love. Its a love that never lets me down. Gotta love music.
------------------
Life as in dreams, is never quite as it seems.

Kyk... now that you mention it, I DO remember the name "Recession Thursdays"
haha, and yes Energy 108 was the station I'd listen to. Some nights it wouldn't even come in, being that I was in Buffalo NY.
Those were the days.. someone needs to invent a time machine.
Jay
------------------
"Roads, where we're going we don't need any roads."

BT- Smartbomb (Movement in Still Life)
It was my brothers cd and it is just an awsome song, even for people who don't like techno. Anyway, that made me listen to other BT music, which then lead to to Sasha and digweed and PVD etc.

It would have to be without a doubt - Champion Sound. The first time I ever heard this I couldn't believe it! That tuned stayed in my head for so long...
------------------
Man controls the day...
But WE WILL Control the Night...