The song that hooked you...

holy shit you two roll2ite?
Johnny Vicious Ecstacy was the first song I fell in love with at a club before all techno music just sounded the same to me all "fake" now I cant live without it.
I have come a long way since that song but still it will linger on in my mind :)
------------------
We don't gnaw on our kitty We stroke our kitty I wanna pet the kitty :)
The Philly of da Hook Crew is in Effect!

technobladebloodrave mp3!?!?!?
HAHA
biggrin.gif

that song is called: "Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix)" by New Order
But to answer Kyk's question, the first song that got me hooked on "electronic" music was "1,2,3,4,5,6 Bass" by Beat Dominator back in '92. as for something more "technoish" it would have to be "Loops of Fury" by The Chemical Bros. in '96.
------------------
(¯`·._(Lane)_.·´¯)
"Music defines time." -DJ Psydel
[This message has been edited by Lane (edited 06 March 2001).]

I still get a kick out of Loops of Fury - What a truly killer track.
I also remember a song called Hope - Treefrog back in about 93' that really caught my interest.

definitely robert miles - children. and same thing as bluediamond cleveland lounge - drowning is my theme song

mmm....
Mine was Rabbit in the Moon... "Out of Body Experience/Freak to the Beat"...
still lovin' it...
be well...
.da angel.
------------------
if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?

unholyangel,
which one are you still lovin'???
"Out of Body Experience" and "Freak to the Beat" are two different songs.

i know, silly... i guess i should have specified that i was talkin about the vinyl -the whole fuckin' record...
but, if i had to choose... it would be O.B.E.
their work in general has had me hooked from the start.
------------------
if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?
[This message has been edited by unholyangel (edited 07 March 2001).]

As a Child I listened to "Space" music on Late night Public Radio. The First Piece of Music I remember was Tomita's Starwars theme. The First "Techno" I remember Liking was any thing from Hackers particurally Halycon. but the one song that got me hooked was Electric Skychurch's Sunrise.

DJ TIM + DJ MISJAH: ACCESS!!!!!!
Wooooo!!!!!!
A true classic....
I've also got to say the Sasha and Digweed mix of Deleriums Silence... pure bliss...

I've always been partial to some nice trip-hop. For me it began with tracks like "organ donor" and "what does your soul look like." It was like there was this whole other world I had stumbled onto and from then on... Well it led up to today. Sasha, Digweed, PvD, Tong, Micro, Oakenfold, and I keep on downloading those essential mixes. Can't seem to get enough of those.
------------------
-----------------------
----------------------------

Obviously most of you people have not been listening to electronic music for that long. Not a diss though, just an observation.
I have been listening to electronic music all my life, I am 28 years old. In that, I have whitnessed most iterations of modern electronic music.
Sadly, I find myself getting irritated reading threads like this, again, no diss to KyK; he is one of my favorite heads on this board. However, when I read things like "Sandstorm will always be my favorite", it bugs me to my core. Though Sandstorm is a great track, at the moment, it will eventually fall by the waist side and become that track that everybody hates e.g. (Better off Alone, KernKraft, Liberation..etc).
It also angers me that most of what seems to be percieved as "Good" electronic music doesn't extend past the dancefloor. There is an entire universe of electronic music that is artistically worthy of merit that doesn't have a build, or a 4/4, or a pleasing melody, or kick ass beat.
I challenge many of you to seek it out.

Definatly BT's flaming june...I caught it on the end of a night party-ing....and it was bomb.......that HOOKED me....what got me there was "Break the Silence" by RMB

Earlier I posted that Yomanda's Synth n Strings was one of the first songs that got me hooked. This is true- but that was really only for eletronic dance music. For other types, I suppose some of the earliest was old electric funk, like Cybotron and the Egyptian Lover. From there, it went to darker trip hop like Portishead and Massive Attack.
------------------
Jonathan
What's your name? What've you had? Reach for the lasers. Safe as fuck.

marmion - Schoneberg (man with no name mix). i first heard this as the first track on Distance to goa 4. this is still one of my favorite trance tracks.

For me it was "Papua New Guinea" by The Future Sound of London..... sometime back in 92... I was like 18 at the time,,, thanks to DJ Nito for exposing me to this wonderful world
------------------
"I'm in it for the music, I really am,,,now who's got my inhaler?... :)"