• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

And for anyone who is struggling, talking with CFC is highly recommended. Chatting with them was sooooo helpful yesterday. Actually feedback from lots of folks from BL very much saved my day yesterday, so thank you all <3

Man, you're too kind. I'm mostly clueless. However my inbox is always open for anyone seeking clueless advice and my unique brand of idiocy ;)

Aussie rules is a great sport imo, fun to watch too. Shame it's barely spread beyond oz though. As for high school, it does that to loads of kids who might otherwise enjoy sports - in my case it was shitty unhelpful unencouraging PE teachers.
yeah, as much as i dislike football ("footy" ;)) -0 aussie rules can be an entertaining game.
i believe it has quite a lot in common with gaelic football, but that's not very well known either, outside of ireland i guess.

CFC said:
The first few hours were nice, but it went downhill after particularly with the lack of sleep LOL. Tragic...

ah yes, sounds all too familiar.
Ah, I forgot our Aussie contingent. What you gonna eat man? Shrimp on the barbie? =D

haha, that's funny because i've never heard an aussie say "shimp" (they're called fuckin' prawns mate!)
i'm gonna roast some veges for this chilly winter evening.
lots of potatoes and a few other things.

Thanks for taking the time to response. Me making this post just shows my attention seeking behavior. I wanted to say as someone with some experience with opioids that had racked up some clean time that you look to be on on the verge of better times.

I was watching that shingles commercial last night, you know about the virus staying dormant in your body for decades only to reemerge and it got me thinking. As if I you didn't know this already, I wanted to remind you of how in someone with our predispositions, the experience of just picking up again for no apparent reason decades later always remains present although you appear to have extinguished the reward pathways very well. With me, it tends to blindside me when something stressful is happening in my life. I don't know what my motivation is for making this post other than get attention and a chance to wish you well during your transition Everything I've said is well known to us. Maybe a little envy that you have succeeded. Oh yeah, I remember my therapist telling me that some family members will continue to throw your past up in your face as if to say "don't hand me this BS about having outgrown this behavior". With most people like y'all, once an addict, always an addict, actively using or not. My wife makes sure she knows where I am every second of the long day with that fiend my friends app. I guess I earned that treatment.

i'm really happy to see your posts here, FLA. you've got a really great perspective on things, and i think it's great to have a diversity of experience and perspective.
it all gets a bit "same-ish" when we read posts from the same sort of people with similar backgrounds and demographics.
you've got a lot of wisdom there, and it's great to read :)

Yeah we don't usually say shrimp over here either. I didn't realise they were actually different species though:

GyirW.jpg

Prawn>shrimp any day! Particularly when Korean BBQ is involved :)

Thanks for taking the time to response. Me making this post just shows my attention seeking behavior. I wanted to say as someone with some experience with opioids that had racked up some clean time that you look to be on on the verge of better times.

Iono man, doesn't come off that way to me. Sounds like a pretty harsh self criticism too. What's wrong with wanting to and seeking connection, regardless of the medium?

By the same token I probably also engage with behavior that others (judgemental others) could label as such, but attention has nothing to do with it (as a general rule).

^ yeah, seeking 'attention' has several meanings. One of which (the one judged more negative) tends to imply someone's a bit damaged inside and so needs constant narcissistic supply; while the other suggests a person just wants to connect with other living beings for a bit. Both are fine as long as no animals were harmed during filming :)

Yeah, coming out with my family about my history of substance use wasn't one of my best ideas :\

I would have never seen them again in my life, and for the rest of their days they would be worrying about getting that phone call. I kicked alone in a basement and didn't tell anyone but my online friends and the girl I met a little while ago. Also, a buddy of mine around here who is clean from fent. And my little bro of course.

What's up with that right. Like doing some lines has to be a naughty little secret until they find a dead body. I always wondered how nobody could tell how high I was on heroin. It was never once brought up or mentioned that I might have been impaired on something. I'd have ended up on the streets, looking back, when I was considering this option. I better not slip as I'd find it tough on the body to repeatedly endure this kind of shit. No energy at all today, even slept all morning.

^ yeah, seeking 'attention' has several meanings. One of which (the one judged more negative) tends to imply someone's a bit damaged inside and so needs constant narcissistic supply; while the other suggests a person just wants to connect with other living beings for a bit. Both are fine as long as no animals were harmed during filming :)

This is part of why I suggest you are good to bounce ideas off :)

yeah, it's scary how the stigma of drug use forces us into unreasonable secrecy.
prohibition kills, man.
:|

you did really well to come off it, but it will take your mind and body a little while to balance out again, and it's always good to be aware of the fact that you could have some mild post-acute withdrawals for a while to come.it's great that you were able to kick before hitting some kind of life-altering disaster (or worse...) and that your parents still don't know.
my parents don't know that i was hooked on opiates for ~10 years. they know i've been fucked up at times, and probably assume the worst - but it's not something we can discuss together they're way too horrified by the idea of drugs.
they really flipped out that i smoked weed in high school. they are very sheltered people, and while i sort of feel for them, i do have a bit of resentment for the way they responded to my cannabis use as a kid.
also, they drink (in moderation) regularly - and to me, alcohol is a much nastier drug - i don't drink at all, i quit years ago...but ironically, my dad is the only person in my life that continually offers me alcohol.
i think it's really bizarre. people are so brainwashed by anti-drug propaganda - and pro-drug (booze) propaganda.

as for prawns/shrimp - i thought prawns were a type of shrimp??
learn something new every day :)

i never like prawns - my dad and uncle used to catch them with a dragnet in the river of the city i grew up in, but i'm lead to believe that there aren't any in the river to catch anymore - an indication of the 'health' (or lack thereof) of the river, i guess.
i always hated prawns though.
it's been somewhere between 15 and 20 years since i've eaten meat. something about smoking weed awakened me to the idea that i didn't like eating meat, and it got stronger and stronger as time went on.
maybe it wasn't really anything to do with smoking weed - perhaps i was just asserting my ability to choose my diet, but i certainly have strong memories of some of the last times i ate meat (whilst stoned) and being really repulsed by it.
i've been vegan for a year or two now, and that's been really good, i eat healthy and really enjoy it. turns out i had been lactose intolerant for years, but only realised it when i cut dairy out of my diet, and a health problem i'd battled with my whole life suddenly (and permanently!) cleared up. i'm still really pleased about that!
so - no, no shrimps on the barbie over here mates ;)

Last edited:
This crap always seemed to help prime my family for thinking the worst, that and being physically incapacitated on Monday mornings from weekend stim use. :\ With all the legalization cannabis started to get a much better rap as we finished off the 90's.

th
th

Shoulda been DOPE-Drug Opposition Propaganda Education; (3rd grade) "I promise to never do evil drugs as long as I live, now we get a pizza party for signing this thing, yay!"

Jeff-Sessions-wants-to-bring-back-D-A-R-E

Last edited:
This crap always seemed to help prime my family for thinking the worst, that and being physically incapacitated on Monday mornings from weekend stim use. :\ With all the legalization cannabis started to get a much better rap as we finished off the 90's.

th
th

Shoulda been DOPE-Drug Opposition Propaganda Education; (3rd grade) "I promise to never do evil drugs as long as I live, now we get a pizza party for signing this thing, yay!"

Jeff-Sessions-wants-to-bring-back-D-A-R-E

Oh boy. I'll never forget dare. They told me smoking pot would eat my brain away. I find it hilarious that they were teaching the horrific dangers of meth use, like how it would cause our skin to rot away, to kids who are addicted to Adderall

^ Or how trying pot can make you permanently stupid where you will have to " Live in a van down by the river!"

I find it hilarious that they were teaching the horrific dangers of meth use, like how it would cause our skin to rot away, to kids who are addicted to Adderall

The irony of ironies. Don't you just love the hypocrisy of the cocaine-snorting establishment ;)

it's been somewhere between 15 and 20 years since i've eaten meat. something about smoking weed awakened me to the idea that i didn't like eating meat, and it got stronger and stronger as time went on.

Mate, you're my vegan hero and inspiration <3 One day I'm going to make my way down that path. Right now I'm just trying to cut down my meat consumption, buying only more ethically aware stuff (organic etc), which I can't afford much of anyway! Gradually I aim to go vegetarian, and maybe eventually vegan. There are quite a few vegan bodybuilders around now, so I know it's perfectly possible, just takes more effort.

Was feeling very sleepy, so took a small (10mg) bump of shard. Big mistake - yawning my head off and so relaxed I can't keep my eyes open now. Guess I should take the hint? ;)

Was feeling very sleepy, so took a small (10mg) bump of shard. Big mistake - yawning my head off and so relaxed I can't keep my eyes open now. Guess I should take the hint? ;)

I wonder what you'd think of the methamp all over SoCal/the SW US. I can't get over how inexpensive it is (not that we're really going to get into specifics here).

I remember taking a large dose of potent mushroom tea in college. Got so fucked is so fast I basically just passed out. Woke up like six hours later after most of the trip has already happened. I took it as a sign ;)

That is odd. I took a 10mg bump of really really good white for the same reason, totally burnt out, and have been feeling absolutely wonderful for a couple hours. I shredded my guitar and did yoga outside for a while when I was so tired I had already taken two naps. No more though, I'm actually good with coke, as in, I made a gram of scale last 6 months and haven't done it until now. I'm still in relatively early recovery though from that fucking dope so this is definitely not going to be a daily thing. Done for the day as well... the good shit I find doesn't leave craving for more. I'm such a high strung anxious individual that it isn't really for me. Shatter, beer, benzos, dope... more my thing but when it's this good, well it's feels pretty damn good I must say. I normally can't focus or shred that hard on my guitar, especially lately, and I got some exercise so I guess it's not all that bad. I certainly don't regret it, needed a little break. Life has been so hectic lately, really chilled me out.
Today until tomorrow is just some really nice alone time for me and I need that.

When you say you "made" fishscale, does that mean you washed some local or DNM cola? TPD has a point about socal and shard, if it's not local, plenty of Mexican super-lab jib is coming over the border so take your pick. I can almost taste the drips 10 years later. Strangely enough I used to prefer the local racemic to D-meth.

Sane people don't realize meth can actually leave you forever half-asleep, not wired. If I lie down anywhere, I'm out instantly, even right after a huge dose. So extra pointless!

Hey kids, lets take a powerful stimulant so you can walk around sleepy all the time.

One thing I would love to do more often is microdose psychadelics. I think microdosing works as a better stimulant than amps. Sadly I come across them so rarely that I usually save what I can to trip my nuts off.

When you say you "made" fishscale, does that mean you washed some local or DNM cola? TPD has a point about socal and shard, if it's not local, plenty of Mexican super-lab jib is coming over the border so take your pick. I can almost taste the drips 10 years later. Strangely enough I used to prefer the local racemic to D-meth.

Oh, I didn't realize I didn't articulate this properly. I don't do anything with the coke, like acetone wash it. There would be no real reason to do it with stuff this good. I paid a small fortune for it, around double the typical price up here, and it came off a key. It was either that, or I was about to relapse on dope because it's the same connect and the girl I'm seeing likes a little white so I decided last minute to get that for us to have on special occasions instead of relapsing and ruining my life. I'm sure it's not 100% pure, but the quality is the best I have ever had. It is that chill coke where it doesn't matter if you're shredding heavy metal or laying down with headphones, or have really deep conversations with friends, or reading a book. Most stimulants make me very anxious but not good coke. I can smell it like 10 feet away haha, but like that perfect clean smell, and it's almost a paste that slices like butter. Came in chunks and the effects are spot on, definitely noticeably hydroscopic. I have only ever had a connect this solid once in my life... instead of stomping on it, they charge extra and I'm fine with that. I don't think any coke user would complain about this stuff, haha. I'll have to confirm when I see my friend again since she definitely knows her white.

Oh, and I meant that the last gram of coke I had was on me for over 6 months. I'm not interested in abusing that one because when I get quality, I consider it a precious psychoactive to save for special occasions with friends. Just saying, if it was dope it would be gone in a couple of days and I'd probably be setting myself back at least 2 weeks of my recovery. Today is just chill and you can probably guess how a physics nerd gets shit that good.

Does anyone know about EDX by the way? That website with all the free online university lectures. It can be really fascinating for learning... there is an interesting one that is ongoing called quantum physics of molecular structures. There is a lot of stuff to choose from, I'm loving it so far. Lots of courses on chemistry and biology as well. I love getting stoned and feeling like I'm back in school. I really need to work on my computer science / programming skills as well and it is great for that.

Last edited: