• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

?? ? THE SOCIAL CLUB v. Come Say Hi! ? ??

That is one of the frustrating things actually. Part of the requirements of living here have made my normal routine for exercise (trail running and long hikes) impossible for me to do regularly. And unfortunately I didn't come up with an alternative (I am not a huge gym fan and there aren't many other options here).

That sucks :(

Do you have access to a nearby park or field with relatively flat ground? Doesn't need to be a large area - a 100 meter/yard stretch would do. If so, you could do some HIIT (high intensity interval training): basically sprint from one end to the other (i.e. for about 15-20 seconds), then recover as you walk slowly back to the start. And repeat 3-5 times. It would only take about 10-15 minutes to complete, but would give you a nice natural mood boost and is superb for heart health (and most other health factors) :)

I feel like today really changed my life. I went to hang out with my girl, and it was like seeing her for the first time before everything started coming back and I realized we've been hanging out for pretty much over a month straight. It was like seeing her for the first time again... so crazy. I really tripped out, I look forward to vaping more dmt, it was one of the most profound experiences I have had with psychedelics.

Have a wonderful evening Shroomy! You deserve it :)

And CFC that reminds me of my time playing football (your kind), definitely something I'd enjoy. Thank you so much for that idea! That suchs a great idea considering the ONE thing I definitely do have ready access to is a public park a few blocks away. I know what I'm doing early tmrw morning. It's nice to have something fun to look forward to do waking up early, I've missed that :)

Nice positions. I've never played American Football, only Rugby, but I'm pretty sure those are nice attacking/physical positions right? 6 years is not long really - muscle memory would kick in fast. Do you ever lift? You'd probably do well with that too.

Ah, I'm big and muscular, but I'm also very hypermobile which means I struggle to carry force efficiently along my limbs (loose muscles and tendons etc). I'm more for show than getting down and dirty lol ;)

I doubt you'd have any trouble puttin' the hurt on someone if you were so inclined.

Rugby, wow that's a sport that will thin the heard of anyone not dedicated. I always think of Vinnie Jones when I hear Rugby. Or Bullet Tooth Tony if you like the movie Snatch.
th

Although your displays of camaraderie might be a little different then ours. ;)

So lifting, yeah I had a bench with an olympic weight set (5x45cm bar ends) till about 2 years ago but after a decade+ it worried me about it's structural dependability (bench failures are brutal!). I only benched 270 as I've been declining with a cranky back. I use a machine now but I miss the having to stabilize the weight. I try to get lunges in or run stairs with a 5gal water bottle for a cheap workout when my knees cooperate. But I need some improvement as I'm hitting 40.

My neighbor has a newly modified Lingenfelter Z-06 Corvette and it's thumping out 800hp. Geezus it sounds mean from my home office window. I've been lurking here for 22 hours straight (with no funny business) while updating a ton of work orders and hyper-posting.

Time to go drool over his new $80,000 toy (dam rich people) and then maybe some game of thrones..

Good Evening to all that it applies %)

Other than the folks, how is Huntington Beach treating you? I always wondered what it would be like to stay out there. Then again, I'm excited to be soon living in the Alhambra area, so my idea of excitement might not be so reflective of the norm ;)

Wait. You do Krav Maga? Where if you don't mind my asking? I have been looking to get into that for some time. Probably one of the only ways I'll pay for a gym or whatever.

Pls do tell :)

Well, I was dissatisfied with the dojos around here, so I formed my own Krav Maga program. At 5'8" and 130# (true stats, bulking up), it's tough to find a non-female sparring partner worthy enough for my efficient take downs. So I practice alone usually, on the side of the freeway early in the morning; at least until the police show up, then I have partners for a second. Fuckers cheat though, I don't have any damn tasers, why should they get some?

And I try to grow peppers every year, but the bastards are slow and finicky, it's obnoxious. Getting good hot ones is nice though. I wish the two frosts we get a year weren't enough to kill them. THey are perennials, I'd like to keep the hardier ones.

If you introduce me to some basics of Krav Maga or offer some direction for martial newb who wants to learn such as myself, I'll introduce you to pepper plants that are easy to grow and hearty enough to handle a bit of socal frost :)

I actually have a number of years of harvests I wasn't using while on methadone way back when saved up. Having a surplus of peppers helps me feel more secure ;)

@Jekyl

Ha, Vinnie Jones is from that cry-baby game soccer, though he himself was admittedly pretty mean ;) (no offense to all you wonderful soccer players out there). Rugby is a bit more brutal, but way more fun to play and watch in my totally unbiased opinion:

a-bloodied-george-north-battles-on-717275187.jpg

Enjoy the rich car dreams ;)

Goodnight all!

You should soak those peppers in vinegar and salt and get yourself some sauce.

OK, the first step in Srcrof Maga is to really embrace the whole "go for their vulnerable parts". I'll refer you to the Bobby Hill maneuver: while screaming, "THAT'S MY PURSE I DON'T KNOW YOU" do a straight-leg kick right in their groin. Effective every time.

Other than the folks, how is Huntington Beach treating you? I always wondered what it would be like to stay out there. Then again, I'm excited to be soon living in the Alhambra area, so my idea of excitement might not be so reflective of the norm ;)

I really dig it, it got awfully commercial by the pier and the cops are di@ks ever since the 4th of july riots eons ago but overall it stays 8* cooler than anywhere inland besides the mountains and it's well.... the Beach. Kites, girls, bikes, fires, I'm a bit spoiled and should be less rooted here but it sure isn't Aleppo. If the freeways weren't parking lots it would be a top 10 spot. If you got some serious scratch then Newport is your spot. It's nice and the richies aren't too bad. If you have some free time you should take a trip to the Wedge when a south swell is pumping. It rebounds off the rock/sand jetty and doubles up for a gnarly break that's crushing. It's fun to watch and insane to body surf if you can hold your breath with a solar plexus spasm from being crushed by the break.

How have you liked the krav maga program scrofula? I've been wanting to get back into martial arts myself, but I have no idea what kind of program I want to get into (ideally something oriented towards adults lol). I've been thinking about jiu jitsu or just regular old karate do

I have couple friends who taught themselves krav maga and they seemed to like it

Isn't it centered on manipulation of joints with leverage to break them or pronate / supinate ball & socket joints to the point of dislocation ? Cool, my interest is piqued as well. Do tell Scrof..

Hey Mobius: Is there a new Rick & Morty on tonight ?

Leverage has nothing to do with it boys. It takes far too long to try and manipulate an opponents limb into such a position without risking your own.

No, as I pointed out above, Scrof Maga includes the original principles of efficiency and use of an opponents vulnerable parts, as well as any and all nearby objects. You want to take your gal out, as fast as possible, because it's not a fuckin' dance. Or some oiled-up homoerotic thing on basic cable. NTTAWWT.

So, my program makes heavy use of fingernails in eyeballs and lots of hairpulling. I offer tips like removing large earings beforehand, leaving your purse under the passenger seat.

You should soak those peppers in vinegar and salt and get yourself some sauce.

OK, the first step in Srcrof Maga is to really embrace the whole "go for their vulnerable parts". I'll refer you to the Bobby Hill maneuver: while screaming, "THAT'S MY PURSE I DON'T KNOW YOU" do a straight-leg kick right in their groin. Effective every time.

Challenge accepted :) just need to find a proper jar to use.

Do you know of any good Krav Maga resources for a beginner?

Isn't it centered on manipulation of joints with leverage to break them or pronate / supinate ball & socket joints to the point of dislocation ? Cool, my interest is piqued as well. Do tell Scrof..

Hey Mobius: Is there a new Rick & Morty on tonight ?

Yes! There was a live stream, but I had no idea about it :( now I'm trying to find somewhere that's streaming it online. But so far im SOL

Yes! There was a live stream, but I had no idea about it :( now I'm trying to find somewhere that's streaming it online. But so far im SOL

I sure hope my DVR found it. I've got G. of Thrones rolling but I want it ALL!

@Scrof, What do you think about a sharp strike to the throat with fingers bent sharply at the mid point to create a small impact area with more force or the clutch technique ?

Challenge accepted :) just need to find a proper jar to use.

Do you know of any good Krav Maga resources for a beginner?

Well, here's a hint about getting started: Never met 'em

@acetic anhydride we've been through this. Like you're going to be thinking about that after I've destroyed your nads. Purse back in hand I'm long gone by then.

I sure hope my DVR found it. I've got G. of Thrones rolling but I want it ALL!

@Scrof, What do you think about a sharp strike to the throat with fingers bent sharply at the mid point to create a small impact area with more force or the clutch technique ?

Nice! I was watching game of thrones too, but just found it on projectfreetv :)

Have a wonderful evening Shroomy! You deserve it :)

And CFC that reminds me of my time playing football (your kind), definitely something I'd enjoy. Thank you so much for that idea! That suchs a great idea considering the ONE thing I definitely do have ready access to is a public park a few blocks away. I know what I'm doing early tmrw morning. It's nice to have something fun to look forward to do waking up early, I've missed that :)

Thanks, and it was really nice with her. It was like seeing her for the first time and everything came flooding back. I needed to get it off my chest to a friend and since she wants that experience too she was happy to listen, well she would've been anyway. Hope you get out to the park today man. We are hiking today. She was really interested in what happened to me and last night was low key with a lot of herb, and she said I explained the experience well. It reset my brain in a really profound way (well, I smoked a gram of it over my withdrawal, so it was a series of trips leading up not to a cosmic breakthrough but a series of profound realizations that will forever change my life. And, help keep me clean. I feel like I am just shy of a day old. Everything is so surreal it is like being reborn. Inhave a lot more energy too and it definitely has to do with dmt. I feel that it made me no longer depressed.

I have so much to say about it that I plan on writing my first trip report today. I think the effect is known as rejuvenation and if the energy is channelled properly, can last years. I was physically and mentally pretty much in shock for five hours (processing what had happened). It was amazing and I look forward to experiencing the drug again. Dmt was really gentle with me when I was just a week clean but the message I'm getting now from similar doses (that are giving me much stronger experiences as I become ready for them) is there is so little time in life, I can't waste a moment. I feel very motivated, and actually slept last night.

Hope everyone is doing well. It just really profoundly struck me at the core of my being and the trip itself was mind blowing epic. It destroyed my opiate cravings too. Everything happened so fast, 15 minutes was meaningless. I look forward to being a better person to others. I know I'm just writing about myself, but I can't help it. The experience changed me and I didn't really know something like that was possible. Have a good one, I suppose it is the start of the week but for us it's the weekend since it is her day off. And I am an extremely lucky ex junkie to have her in my life. I feel blessed.

sup guys
sorry i've been an inactive dickhole, the deadline for my dissertation is rapidly approaching, as is total mental collapse.
hows everyone else doing? and a slo_mo congrats on the new apartment bro ☾༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽