• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

A bunch of people quit or are on long vacation at my work, and they have yet to hire new people, so until further notice I am working 40 hour weeks with almost no possibility of anyone being able to take a shift because everyone is already working full time and they arent allowed to go over 40 a week.

Couple that with the fact that I have 3 major papers and 2 major tests due over the next 10 days and interning 8+ hours a week.

Yea, I pretty much have no life recently. Im glad I quit smoking pot when I did, there is no way in hell I could handle all this stress when i was a pothead.

Hopefully this will all translate into some extra money in my post graduate summer and a job in my field with flexible hours so i can have some fun for once.

Going down to Austin TX for the MotoGP stop this weekend. So excited. I used to live there so I will get to see some old friends and others are flying in from different places as well.

motogp + motorcycles + ATX + 6th street + friends X alcohol = Super weekend!

if there was a channel like NFL Total Acess where you could view each rider's helmet cam and switch at will for MotoGP it would be pretty sweet to watch on TV

I dont really watch Speed Network too much though

What a weekend. The COTA track is very, very sweet and hopefully it stays that way. And Marquez is amazing. I cant wait to hopefully one day put my little R6 on that track for a few laps.

9081-art.JPG

man I knew Heidi watney worked for the red sox

didn't know she got a gig with MLB network, just caught her, of course she's hot, I can see her resemblance to her cousin nick

heidi+watney.jpg

this is like my first crush on a celeb, I want to hold her hand in public

every network is rushing to find the hottest chick they can now that they realized as long as she can read and ask questions she doesnt have to know fuck all about sports

^ I like that Fox has LeeAnn Tweeden on UFC Tonight now. Forget the blondie fools, she is still hot at nearly 40.

leeann-tweeden-14.jpg%3Fw%3D528

every network is rushing to find the hottest chick they can now that they realized as long as she can read and ask questions she doesnt have to know fuck all about sports

damn you, ms. watney is amazing at her job, and from everything I've read she was obsessed with the red sox and does know the game, the watney family has great sports genetics in multiple sports

when you're on tv all that matters is being able to improv when needed, delivery, communication and personality

I hate people on camera who do 'know shit about sports', it's nice when guys explain objective shit for people are not familiar with the sport they're watching, but subjective material is mostly garbage and espn main agenda obsesses about arguing about who is better than who non-stop, zzzzz

dude if you listened to the same radio station I listen to you would know I don't like ESPN by and large they just have the most highlights

dude if you listened to the same radio station I listen to you would know I don't like ESPN by and large they just have the most highlights
I knew you are not an ESPN blowhard, but god damn every time I hear colin cowerd I flip shit
i'll listen to SVP during lunch cause I listen to rome the following day, and today I heard the end of colin's show and he ended it by bragging how good of the arguments were today8) (and I fucking never use emoticons!)
can't count how many times I've heard him pretty much tell you how everyone else thinks, tell you how he thinks and every reason you're wrong for not agreeing with what he has to say...his guests suck, he hardly ever gets athletes on, I don't think they respect him at all

say what you want about rome, but athletes love him, he gets over 300 atheltes a year on his show

but, honestly, even though I still listen to all of his shows, am getting a little bored of rome, petros and money is def my new favorite show, petros papadekas is def like a rome, you either love him or hate him, he's very obnoxious but he's quick, funny, was actually the captain of USC football as a white running back in '99-'00 season and actually gives good college football analysis, but mostly he just talks about his and his peers life and telling you how awesome or awful random things are....he totally comes off as a combination of various of my friends, he's fat and not shy about it, he gives out his cell phone number once a year on the radio, I hear he replies to most people as long as you're not an idiot, I can't wait till july when he gives it out I think me and his will be text bros lol

to me, sports radio isn't what it used to be, since as fans we have access to pretty much everything the media has, so no longer do we need them for really anything but to entertain us,i wouldn't say I listen to the shows I do cause they are sports shows, I just like the personalities, I don't care what they talk about, I don't like shows that focus on certain topics for too long, gotta move along after 5-10 mins

as rich eisen explained when he was on sklar bro's podcast, sportscenter died when the 'bottom line' was created

he explained how pissed everyone was when that happens

remember when sportscenter was a show you watched to find out scores and breaking stories and the anchors were allowed to show personality

and i'm not saying Heidi watney is the hottest sports woman on TV, I just think it's awesome she's nick watney's cousin and the resemblance is spot on

as a sox fan, were/are you familiar with her, 'dair?

heidiwatney.jpg

t1larg.nick.watney.gi.jpg

The French and Spanish have been all over this for years.

I was watching Canal+ rugby show last week and have no idea what she was saying in French yet I was nodding in agreement with everything she said. Oui....
600full-isabelle-ithurburu.jpg

I feel like an idiot.

Ive been dealing with nagging knee pain for a solid 9 months now. It hurts to run or jump or climb and its been getting worse and worse, which sucks because I love all of those things. I finally went to the doctor today and after some tests she said my knees were totally fine and I shouldn't have any knee pain. She recommended I try some new shoes. After I got home i decided to try on my old raty shoes that I had last year and as soon as I put hem on, bam, no more pain. I could almost instantly run and jump again.

Feels so good to be healthy again. Just yesterday I did a full back workout of about 75% of the weight I was doing when I had my shoulder injury with very little irritation. Today my back is really sore (the good kind of sore). Im also graduating in a month and am trying to get some travel plans together for this summer. My internship is also going really well, ive been offered a position for the summer that pays a litle better as well. More importantly though im building the government affairs division of the company from the ground up and learning to build their database, which is really valuable experience. Its pretty much what ill be doing if I end up in a entry level administrative political position.

The last few months have been really though, ive been working full time, going to school full time and interning 10+ hours a week. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though, and it is glorious.

Obligatory hot sportscaster photo

Erin Andrews

erin_andrews_sexy_4_zpsb5bccb66.jpg

I got a full time position at the place i've been interning at! I start June 1st. Ill be continuing government affairs stuff, as well as starting to do data analysis. Ill have my own office with a salary and benefitts and everything! Not 100% sure what the pay is (probably noting too great) but at least 40k plus benefits and opportunity for advancement. Ill also be given a lot of freedom in my daily activities.

Beats the hell out of the wage slavery ive been doing so far in my life. I put in my 2 weeks notice at my hardware store job today. Felt really good.

I will be giving presentations in front of the board members a few times a year, traveling abroad to large conferences and other cool stuff. Im really excited!

In honor of mothers day, some yo mama jokes!

Yo mama is like the sun. Big, round, and hard to look at

Yo momma so fat, when she fell in love she broke it.

Yo mama's so stupid she tripped over wireless Internet

I would make fun your mother, but cows are sacred in my religion

^ ive spelled out exactly what that is in detail in previous posts.