• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

I just need to get to somewhere and just stay fucked up for a whole weekend

im starting to think Electric Zoo might be the closest and its like I dont even really care for that kind of music tbh but its about the drugs man haha

yeah usually I leave those things with an attitude of having to rerurn to real life

I choose my locations based on bands and size(no thanks to festies with more than 2k people)

I found a trick to not hating dick vitale - every time I see him all I can think about is this guy pretending to be him and calling the sklar bros podcast after taking bath salts he got while on campus at u of Minnesota lol

why?

I never understood how a party or event that has more people is automatically better than something with less people

you realize the more people there are the more disruptive assholes there are

I like relaxing while going on vacation and not being woke up at 3am by retards, or having to deal with spun out losers trying to instigate trouble while i'm minding my own business

I don't hate them, I just don't really get off by their music

I can't help it

what the fuck you care

My cousin is going to be the musical guest on Conan O'Brian next Wednesday.

If you like acoustic low key folk music he is pretty much at the top of the genre.

Dude im sorry the rams decided to give 38 million to Jared Cook but dont take it out on me.

i'm sorry niners signed the worst player on the rams last year, craig dahl

and who exactly is going to cover jared cook on san fran, the LBs on niners are great, mostly for tackling and rushing the pass....not covering a 6'5 250lbs freak who runs a ~4.45

it was ridiculous how titans underutilized him

I love how just because someone isn't a house hold name = automatically sucks, you can't suck unless you're given the opportunity to do so

so much happier to have cook instead of amendola

nothing like being very young and talented, development is a beautiful thing

I see ive hit a nerve

The 49ers have the best overall LB corp in the league, so I suggest you pick a different part of the team to pick on.

and how much did the 9ers pay Dahl? Special teamer money IMO.

no nerves were touched, not even sure why you would say something like that.... I just like helping the uninformed understand

I know niners have great line backers, but cook is a mismatch for everyone, really excited to watch him play, obviously coach fish has big plans for him

whens the last time a team has won a super bowl with qb that has a style similar to kapernick/Russell Wilson....and good luck keeping those guys healthy for any kind of length

In case you haven't noticed, Kaepernick is a top tier pocket passer. The fact that he can run for 180 yards in a game is just an added bonus. THe 49ers use the pistol on very few of their plays and have an insane yards per play when they do. Its just an added bonus of having a moblie QB, not something they will rely on.

And I hate to bring it up, but since you're bashing Kaepernick........ yea.... Bradford..... bust.....

first let me say that my beliefs and shit are about 80% logical and 20% emotional, i'm not a fucking blowhard jackass moron

yeah Bradford is a bust cause he couldn't perform with fucking dog shit coaching staffs and players around him....

next year is the first year to give him a fair assessment, it's the first time he's had an offensive coordinator for a 2nd season, the linehan and spagnolo eras were so fucking bad and basically destroyed the organization, last year's ram's team was practically an expansion team, going 4-1-1 in division and 7-8-1 overall is a huge reason for optimism

he's a hell of a lot better than alex smith was at this point in his career

all I know is fisher took the ram job over Miami cause he believed that sam was a qb you can build a franchise around(i too thought Bradford was not going to work out, but last year he showed signs of developing into a winner), he's never going to be a huge numbers guy, but he can win games, think flacco with more up side....it just happens that my favorite teams are small market, not very successful teams...i really don't see how anyone besides fans of the rams can try to tell me that what i believe is way off base

as far as teams who are good, like the niners, i know, you don't have to convince me , i know what teams can play, what i don't know is what teams are better than most people think.....like if some titans, browns, chiefs, or jaguars fan came in here giving educated takes on how the teams are developing, i would take their word for it

i feel like i'm talking to teen age kids sometimes in here, when i talk sports its not to brag, debate, bash.....that kind of stuff is lame to me...have strong takes, listen to strong takes, nobody is right or wrong.....notice i don't really predict anything, just display excitement

If you read my rams centered posts over the past year you'll notice im almost always optimistic about them. But I do think the Cook signing was bad for the price, and that Bradford will never be a SB QB. Its funny you mention the Alex Smith comparison because I see them as pretty similar. Both good QB's but neither are super electric players that elevate the play of their team.

yeah, like i said, next year is finally judgement day for Bradford, the teams he was on his first two years were really fucking bad, last year was pretty bad too and he was respectful

i feel like if he was the qb for Atlanta he would probably do just as good as matt ryan

yeah the cook signing could be bad, that's a hell of a lot of money, i honestly never heard of him until a few weeks ago, but looking at the tape and reading of how high fisher thinks of him, the upside is definetly there....he's strictly a pass catching TE, lance kendricks is a really good blocking TE, mediocre pass catching TE, i expect a lot of 2 TE sets...the jake long signing is huge, if rodger saffold is able to move over to RT and stay healthy, than for the first time since Orlando pace and adam timmerman anchored the line, STL finally has a GOOD oline, instead of a bottom 5, which they have been for years

if rams go 5-11 next year i'm not going to drop off the face of the earth, reply to everything with 'just shut up', i'll just accept it, luckily my tolerance for sports frustration is extremely high

anyone who tries to challenges anything i have to say about the rams is a wasting their time, cause all non-fans have to gauge anything is wins/losses and stats, when those things are a little blip of actual reflection

I've been really into pro sports my entire life, listen to 8 hours of sports talk a day at work, yet don't really watch much on TV and i'm pretty clueless/don't care about stats.....lots of sports fans love greatness, i'm a much bigger fan of 'the little guy', every upset is awesome

#1 overall pick QB's do what Andrew Luck did with a bad team last year.

I dont think Bradford is that guy.

That being said if the Rams can build a good core of players around him the Rams could be competitive, however that is going to be a tall order in the NFC west.

colts benefitted from a light schedule and crazy chemistry, and yeah luck is pretty good

rams got dat hetty home grown shit

cook is the oldest player on offense(not including Oline) at age 25

dat speed

the tandem rb attack of isiah pead/daryl Richardson are gonna catch people off guard, niggas can fly, as can cook, givens and hopefully tavon Austin...they are gonna take a WR with one of their 3 picks they have in the top 50, if not tavon Austin they'll go with a big body like cordarrelle Paterson or keneen allen, i want Austin, would be a nice upgrade from amendola in the slot

people think just cause rookies don't play first year that they will never be anything....draft 'em, coach 'em, play 'em...fuck free agency for skill positions

Ya I agree big money skill position free agents sink franchises with a few exceptions.

Although for all your optimism and self proclaimed sports guruism, you ahve to admit getting to the playoffs next year will be a tall order for the rams. The seahawks and 49ers are no joke stacked. They (like the Rams) are also young and talented in many key positions. Also the 49ers have 5 of the top 95 draft picks this year, not bad for a team that went to the supwebowl.

I wouldnt be surprised if the next division that send 3 teams to the playoffs was the NFC west.