• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

It didnt come today :(

Im so impatient I want to try out my new toy, goddamnit

^ I'm not a road biker but I have loads of friends here in the Bay area who do it. That said, sounds like a good bike. Look forward to the pics.

FWIW, my MTB is Specialized full susp Stumpy. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. However, the rider still needs to improve his skills. :p

Yea Ive had minor knee problems over the last few months which are just now getting to the point where I dont need to constantly wear a brace. The inflammation has gone down recently though but im still going to take it easy for a while and build up my strength.

I haven't been able to exercise recently because running is too stressful on my knee and my shoulder is messed up too, im hoping biking turns into a fun way to stay in shape.

Should be coming in today.

on my way for birthday dinner(even though it was sunday)

all you can eat king crab/steak

i love steak as much as the next guy but that'd just be a waste of appetite given these circumstances

can't wait till i eat so much crab that i actually starts tasting bad and my fingers get all pruney and smell like it for days

Nice man.

I fuck shit up at all you can eat seafood dinners too. They definitely lose money when I walk through that door.

887039_394272584002904_329566702_o_zps7f716acc.jpg

My baby.

I need to get some cycling shoes/pedals, a helmet, an odometer, a bag to keep a spare tube in and some other miscellaneous stuff. All in all though I couldnt be happier with my bike. Took it around the block a couple times tweaking ti to my specifications today and it rides so much nicer than my old "vintage" POS.

^ Very cool, I've seen that make of bike around here. Hopefully you have access to more than 1 bike shop so you dont spend a fortune getting everything you want/need for it.

Nice Telluride sticker btw.

There are like 5 bike shops within a few miles of me. Its a big biking area.

But like I said my buddy gives me everything at cost so im doing this all pretty cheap.

From what I can gather Raleigh is a pretty small name in road biking, but theyre good quality and are less expensive for what you get because they dont have the racing name recognition.

I'm not into biking.. but I can't lie that bike does look pretty sick. I'd definitely ride it around

Yea im stoked about getting into the sport. Its a bit expensive right off the bat, but im getting a good deal and it will be a fun form of exercise I think.

Went riding for about 15 minutes today, probably about 4 miles.

Not a lot but there is no noticeable irritation in my knee afterwards, which is fantastic.

i'm thinking about buying a bike, i can see my self riding for hours and hours during each time out(love dat flat terrain...no need for speed or heavy work out going up hills)

i'm just nervous i might start riding, go on for miles, darkness strikes and suddenely i'm in fear of my life and lost

i'm pissed too case when i was like 12 i had a pretty sweet GT mountain bike, rode it to a friends back when i was like 15 and literally never went back to pick it up

there are a shit load of flat, scenic trails that run along streams and rivers in my area....definetly not gonna be that d-bag that rides his bike on windy country roads in 45mph zones

had my monthly visit with suboxone doctor

as soon as i got there she gave me the 'we have to talk....'
told me i tested positive for opiates in the previous month's test....which was a false positive if anything....well 3 minutes later she realized she read the test results wrong, whew, thought i was going to get thrown off the program

she asked how the adderall is coming, told her that i liked to take 30mgs once a day, which was sort of true, even though she rx'ed me 10mg x 2 a day

i told her i wasn't really looking for a dosage increase, and she suggests to rx me 30mg instant release, sweet!

Glad to here youre doing well on the sub.

Ive all but quit drinking these days. Its pretty tough but I think ill be better for it in the long run.

Im hoping this road biking thing will turn into my new stress relief activity. I tend to become obsessed with things once I start getting into them.

You should get a bike CR seems like you could use a similar release. If youre on a budget searching craigslist on the reg will probably turn up a sweet deal if you're persistent.

I havent been exercising recently so a short ride on mostly flat terrain got me pretty winded today, Ive got a long way to go.

^ care I have a raleigh combo road/trail bike and it is amazing. I fucked up the breaks and it's misalligned but it rides so smooth. I haven't broken it our in forever, I think I'll get it fixes and start riding again. Thanks bringing it up. I don't know the cost exactly but I think it was around 1,200 when it wa purchased. They are so quality.

Hybrids are cool if you like all purpose bikes.

Not my cup of tea, but whatever works for you.

One of the great things about being bro's with a guy who owns a bike shop is free lifetime maintenance so I dont ever have to spend money on it unless im replacing a part or upgrading (which I shouldn't need to do for a long time).

Im going biking with a group tomorrow morning. This chick I know that is sexy as fuck asked me if I want to go and I couldnt turn her down even though I hate getting up early unless I have to. SHe's hinted she likes riding and doesnt have many friends to go with so this could be a golden opportunity, wish me luck.

I inherited the bike do I'm cool with getting a hybrid for free. I'd rather have a straight road bike though.

pic?

I went riding for about an hour today, pretty flat for the most part, probably about 15 miles. Definitely the longest ride ive ever been on.

Drinking by myself I mean.

No way am I going to quit altogether.

In fact one of my friends birthday is tomorrow night. He rented a fucking party bus so we're gonna be barhopping all night. I will probably be making up for lost time haha.

You do mountain biking in the bay area right? Ive been (hiking not biking) on some trails in the mountainous part of Oakland before, its crazy, its like a jungle right in the middle of the burbs.