• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

Got a callback for that internship I applied for, interview tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck!

paid or unpaid?

not that it really matters, just hopefully it's somewhere that's willing to hire you after internship

i did my internship, like a jack ass, with a high school athletic director, so no matter how well i did, it didn't matter, the only job i was qualified for was the athletic director, and at that school the athletic director was also responsible for the athletic training duties, something i was no qualified for

i could never picture myself working at a school anyway(there's more drama and gossip between the faculity than there is with the students), but when i was 18 years old i was clueless

Its 150 hours and I get a $2000 stipend for doing it. Its for the visitors bureau in the city I live in. Im not 100% sure I would want to work there long term but its a decent opportunity until I know for sure what I want to do.

Its 150 hours and I get a $2000 stipend for doing it. Its for the visitors bureau in the city I live in. Im not 100% sure I would want to work there long term but its a decent opportunity until I know for sure what I want to do.

doesn't matter if it's paid or unpaid, IMO. recent graduates that don't do internships will never get a job over those that have because they have no actual work experience. good work, friend.

dont talk about your dad like that

my dad's dead

what will you be doing? i mean..will you be working outside? at a desk? with someone else?

i don't think internships, especially that don't pay you and you're not sure about should be suggested. that's how you get stuck with a job you hate every day for the rest of your life. why not volunteer, or work for free for something you love? my new sweet as fuck job i just got is hard and doesn't really pay me (travel expenses) but it's something i'm super passionate about, and i'd rather work a shitty service job to keep the lights on and spend all of my other waking hours there.

seems like he's interning in the field he went to school for, so why would that make him stuck in a shitty job that he doesn't like?

i interned in my field, parks and recreation....got a decent job out of college. then realized i'd never be rich as fuck in that field and sold my soul to the devil. now i hate my life, but i make good money.

i wish i would've stayed in parks and rec and lived in a trailer on a river in the desert, or something.

I got it.

Ill be working one on one with the director of the agency in an effort to get a new visitors center built in town. Evidently my first order of business is to set up profiles for each individual legislator involved in funding and eventually working out a strategy to gain support for the project (basically being a lobbyist). Im kind of intimidated because I didnt think I would get it, and its a lot of responsibility right off the bat, but it beats running for coffee I guess.

Last edited:
in 9 days i turn 26 and will be removed from my father's health insurance

luckily where i work they offer a decent plan and i'll have my very own health insurance for the first time in my life, feels adult man

yeah I got in a car accident when I had my own insurance and I was like well shit I might as well put that 15 bucks a paycheck to use

Redoing Resident Evil 3 - Nemesis, this time on PSP. Fantastic game before the sudden change of formula seen in RE4 and its followers.

in 9 days i turn 26 and will be removed from my father's health insurance

luckily where i work they offer a decent plan and i'll have my very own health insurance for the first time in my life, feels adult man

Ive been uninsured for years until about 6 months ago. My dad lost his job in the recession so he hasnt had medical coverage since then and I havent had a job that offered medical coverage until late 2011, and they didnt offer it until you worked there for 6 months.

Mine is about 27 bucks a month and i hardly need it really because i go to school which comes with basic health coverage. I figure its good to have though incase i need it after i graduate.

Been farming the shit out of Diablo 3. I'm liking how you can change the monster power level for public games, really makes farming easier

Mine is about 27 bucks a month and i hardly need it really because i go to school which comes with basic health coverage. I figure its good to have though incase i need it after i graduate.

what do you mean? like your tuition at a university provides you with some health coverage?? ima have to look into that cuz i knew there was a campus dr n what not but i didnt realise it would be any different then a regular dr in trying to see if they'd take a certain insurance n doin the co pay n all. im fixin to loose my insurance come august when i turn 25 i think

There is a health clinic on campus. They pretty much work like a regular doctors office. When I sprained my metacarpal a few months ago they did x-rays and gave me a splint and a not for time off work for free. If it had been broken they would have casted it for free. They also have free/cheap prescription drugs, laboratory and imaging services. I go to a huge school though so smaller universities may not be as comprehensive.

re: the blade runner murder case

someone tweeted jay mohr: 'if the shoe don't fit, you must acquit'

jay was acting like he was pissed, he's like' what you supposed to think that's the funniest thing in the world or something'

right after he said, like my self, broke out in laughter