• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Retired Pharmaceutical You Just Have to Try

Besides Quaaludes, Methadrine ampoules, Seconal, Preludin, Delysid, ect here's what I would've liked:

Biphetamine-T(dextroamphetamine, amphetamine, and methaqualone in a 16hour ER ion-exchange resin)
Serinyl(pharm phencyclidine)
Percobarb(aspirin, oxycodone, cyclobarbital)
Eskatrol(Dextroamphetamine and prochlorperazine aka Christmas trees)
Lambarene/Iperton(Ibogaine 8mg, tonic/stimulant)
Monase(AET)
Indopan(AMT)
Metopon(supposedly less addictive opiate)
Turinal(amobarbital and secobarbital)
"Soft" Turkish opium(soft texture, not weak)
Sandoz Psilocybin
Desbutal(mehtamphetamine and pentobarbital)
Obetrol(methamphetamine hcl/saccharates, dextroamphetamine and amphetamine)
Codeine/morphine/diamorphine hypodermic tablets
Vesparex(brallobarbital, secobarbital, and hydroxyzine)
Pantopon(Morphine and Papaverine)
Benzedrine inhaler
And finally Tincture of Cannabis USP.

RIP OLD SCHOOL DRUGS You all were just too cool to keep around.

I would love the cannabis tincture but that whole list is just killer. Esp. the Desbutal(mehtamphetamine and pentobarbital). Love phenobarbital. A man can dream!

Phenobarbital or pentobarbital? It would make sense to have either in there, actually, given methamphetamine's duration.

^ What he's referring I believe is(was) Desbutal which was methamphetamine and pentobarbital.

My bad he already stated that. There was also Ambar(methamphetamine and phenobarbital) But man could you imagine methamp and nembutal in the same pill sweet mother of god, pharm companies really knew what the people wanted back in the day=D

Preludin is one I'd love to try. My dad use to tell me that it was the best upper out there, because of the euphoria as well as how pro-sexual it was. He said they would be Lude-Ludin(preludin+Quualude)was the bees knee.

Last edited:
Selfmeditaker said:
Preludin is one I'd love to try. My dad use to tell me that it was the best upper out there, because of the euphoria as well as how pro-sexual it was. He said they would be Lude-Ludin(preludin+Quualude)was the bees knee.
I'm surprised no one made a phenmetrazine+methaqualone pill.Imagine the most euphoric upper/downer in one pill. They could have called it "Quaaludin"8o.

I actually pitched a show to the history channel where me and my buddy would go to old folks homes across the heartland of america and ask to check out their medicine cabinets and what they got. Almost like american pickers. They didnt like it though

I actually pitched a show to the history channel where me and my buddy would go to old folks homes across the heartland of america and ask to check out their medicine cabinets and what they got. Almost like american pickers. They didnt like it though

That's fantastic. I'd watch that show 10 times a day. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I want to be cameraman for the pilot. Re-pitch the show to TLC; they put anything on television as long as midgets are in it.

I'm surprised no one made a phenmetrazine+methaqualone pill.Imagine the most euphoric upper/downer in one pill. They could have called it "Quaaludin"8o.

Quaaludin nice one=D My dad was a huge hippie and today i asked him what his top 3 old time favorites were and he stated as follows:

1) Preludin+Quaalude "Quaaludin" as you had coined lol

2) 4's and Doors(glutethimide+codeine)

3) Seconal

And Black beauties he said would probably be #4

Lucky sonofabitch;)

^I heard Biphetamine(black beauties) were the shit. It was 20mg (dextro)amphetamine mix in a 16 hour ion-exchange resin, vs 12 hours and 18.8mg base amphetamine in Adderall XR. You could stay up and work/party for days at a time. Doctors would give it out for fatigue and work-shift related sleep problems in healthy people, now you have to pretend you have ADD.

The cool thing about barbiturate/amphetamine combos was there was, contrary to what you'd think, a synergic effect. Barbiturate salts are alkaline and aid absorption of amphetamines and take the edge off, and amphetamines give barbiturates a better anticonvulsant effect in addition to countering the sedation. Anticonvulsants are effective for mood disorders, Dexamyl may very well have had an anti-depressant effect beyond just the euphoria of both drugs. Someone took Dexamyl and learned Spanish in a couple months, said it made them feel great. Naturally, the doctor said this person was addicted and promptly kicked them off:(.

I bet Doriden(gluethimide) would be hella abused if it were around today, with all the oxys and hydros.

Sometimes I feel I was born 40 years too late. Oh well, coke is actually affordable to regular people(you had to be rich till the 80's), heroin's much stronger(40-95% vs 3-10%), and we now have ecstasy and all kinds of RC. I'm glad I wasn't born when MPTP and the poorly cut fentanyls were around though.

amineptine
all the qualones (metha, eta, methylmeta etc.
meprobamate
phentermine
tuinal (a combination of secobarbital and amobarbital, both i'd like to try on their own too)
ethchlorvynil

ah, fuck it, all of the old generation sedatives/hypnotics

Am I the only one here that thoroughly reads all full (not interested in just bottles) medicine bottles in antique shops? I always look for laudanum, morphine, heroin and the like. Not really interested in old school speed or barbiturates. I would certainly try methaqualone, and it is not out of the realm of possibility (we are only talking about a matter of ~40 years, and the stuff was a popular prescription). I work with the elderly and many of them do not throw anything away. I recently took care of a lady who was 103 years old, and her medicine cabinet still had many full amber and clear glass bottles, and little boxes full of powders all with hand written information on them, dating back to the early 1940's.

Last edited:
in my part of the world, drugs are getting both continually worse and expensive. the heroin around here is a gamble with the odds against you, maybe one out of ten pills touted as MDMA actually contain it. don't get me started on cocaine. it's been at least 5 years since i had some that was worth its money.
and i'm not only talking about street drugs here, even dealers i trust charge more for inferior products now, not out of spite but more because they need to make a buck.
RCs and pharmaceutical drugs are the only ones that are still worth their money.

but i guess it's all about where you live. which, in my case, is actually funny, because for decades frankfurt was widely known in germany as the city with the best drugs on average.

Nothing comes close to my beloved Doriden and Codeine, most euphoric, blissful, long lasting high ever. Like a mystical experience, I still dream about them. Sadly the government made the pharm companies discontinue manufacturing Doriden (Glutethimide) in '93. Nothing can even come close to my Doriden and Codeine or "hits" as they were known in my area of NJ.

Methaqualone
Diconal (dipapnone w/ cyclizine)
Placidyl
Secobarbital
Pentobarbital
Phentermine
Flunitrazepam
GBL
GHB
Desbutal (methamphetamine w/ pentobarbital)
Nimetazepam