• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Recipe Thread (EADD Version)

Always got azn supermarkets, or the net at a push. I love gochujang and no other chilli concoction has anywhere hear the same taste.

If you like pickled vegetables and don't mind spicey food I don't really see how kimchi could be that offensive really. It's pretty expensive though so I'm looking into stinking out the house making my own. Maybe that'd make the mouse move out ¬_¬

FAO Shambles <3

Cullen Skink

smoked haddock
bay leaf - if you have it
butter
onion, peeled and finely chopped
leek, washed and cut into chunks (or other green leafy veg like kale, parsley - chopped)
potatoes, unpeeled, cut into chunks (or use leftovers and adjust recipe)
milk
cream if you're feeling indulgent
seasoning / lots of black pepper

1. Put the fish into a pan and cover it with cold water, cover fish over with 2-3 inch of water. Add the bay leaf, and bring gently to the boil. When it boils take off heat and set aside to cool.

2. Melt the butter in another pan on a medium-low heat, and add the onion and the leek. Cover and allow to sweat, without colouring, for about 10 minutes until softened. Season with black pepper.

3. Add the potato and stir to coat with butter. Pour in the haddock cooking liquor and bay leaf, and bring to a simmer. Cook until the potato is tender. If using left over tatties, heat to simmer for min or 2.

4. Remove the skin, and any bones from the haddock, and break into flakes.

5. Lift out a few spoonfuls of potatoes and leeks from the pan (about 1/3 ish) and set aside. Discard the bay leaf if used. Add the milk / cream and half the haddock to the pan, and either mash roughly or blend until smoothish.

6. Add in the remaining haddock, potatoes and leeks to the blended soup base. Season to taste and serve :)

7. If adding greens, shred finely and add at end to keep fresh but warmed.

yum :)

Crispy Garlic Mushrooms

OK, I thought I'd resurrect this thread to share my crispy garlic mushroom recipe. We used to buy them from Morrison's, but they were full of grease and crap, and usually old mushrooms. But if you ever tried them and liked them, try these, they make an absolutely perfect late night munchy: =D

Batter

2 tablespoons of plain flour
1 tablespoon of veg oil
2 teaspoons of garlic puree
1 egg
salt
milk to give it a fairly thick consistency (important - so the batter slowly drips off the whisk)

Breadcrumbs

5 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of chives
1/2 teaspoon of parsley
black pepper/salt

About 250 - 300 grams of closed cap mushrooms cut in halves.

1 pack of garlic and herb dip available from all good high street supermarkets.

Simply fully coat the shrooms in the thick whisked batter mix, drip off excess (use a fork to take them out), and drop them into the breadcrumbs. Gently toss the mix over them, and roll. Do this really gently to avoid rubbing off the mixture and exposing the mushrooms.

Place on a lightly oiled baking tray and refrigerate for an hour or two for the breadcrumbs to absorb all the tasty garlic, then cook for around 25 min @ 180 deg.

Serves 2 generous portions.

Dip and enjoy.

Last edited:
Sounds nice nomy :)

Does anyone have any good and easy but tasty recipes that are based around mince, I have some mince that is gonna go off tomorrow, would be good to do something other than just fry it with rice and beans, or make a burger with it.

Pseudo-ephedrine, red phosphorus, lithium, sodium hyrdoxide, iodine, anhydrous ammonia, brake fluid, butane, hydrochoric acid...mix all together and you have a fantastic seasoning that will spice up any dish.

Nice one on the mushrooms! Gonna do me some of those tomorrow I think when I've been shopping :D

Mugz, I made some sort of semi-authentic pierogi with my leftover mince and baking stuff the day before I moved out. Trying to find the recipe at the moment, I had to improvise a bit on the dough because I only had one egg kicking round but it came out pretty fucking well.

For the pierogi dough:
1 pint sour cream
5 cups flour
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons olive oil

I had to omit the sour cream and halve the recipe anyway cos I was working with what I had left in the cupboards but it was fucking awesome. Just mix all that shit together, roll it out, cut circles (I just used a fuckin pint glass), make em into a little pouch and then fill it with the mince you've already fried up and added stuff to (go wild, I had shit all so basically used garlic and chili and wotnot). When you're done, pinch the edges shut and seal em with a bit of water if they're being a dick about not coming apart. Thennnn boil your lovely mincey dumpling things til they're floating on the surface of the water and then whack em in a pan and sear for a bit either side til they're all golden brown and awesome.

Of course if you don't have baking stuff you're buggered but it got rid of half the bag of mince I had and put me into a food coma.

Does anybody have a salmon recipe, I was having a coffee outside a pub and I seen a mate into a salmon, PI netted it and killed it for him so hopefully he will give its a steak our two

Thanks snolls :)

I don't have baking stuff, I did used to about a year ago but never baked anything in a year and it went out of date, so I didn't get any more baking stuff, a bag of flour is easily obtainable again, as is sour cream. Might give that an attempt.

Aye haha same, I only had it kicking about cos housemate was big into baking and left me with it. Tis quite useful to have around though, it seems!

Does anybody have a salmon recipe, I was having a coffee outside a pub and I seen a mate into a salmon, PI netted it and killed it for him so hopefully he will give its a steak our two

OK, I thought I'd resurrect this thread to share my crispy garlic mushroom recipe. We used to buy them from Morrison's, but they were full of grease and crap, and usually old mushrooms. But if you ever tried them and liked them, try these, they make an absolutely perfect late night munchy: =D

I am very much most definitely absolutely going to make these. A fresh dip shouldnt be too hard either should it... with a squeeze of lemon over.... thanks :)

I am very much most definitely absolutely going to make these. A fresh dip shouldnt be too hard either should it... with a squeeze of lemon over.... thanks :)

Oh you really must sooo try them =D Please let me know what you think though.

The trickiest bit is in the coating. It has to be a fairly thick mix, but drip off the excess and place them gently into the breadcrumb bowl asap. use a spoon to cover them in breadcrumbs, and then gently roll them to get a full covering. Carefully taking them out of the bowl and onto the baking tray is also an art form. But it is worth it.

I've only ever used dried chives and parsley, but fresh would be super nice I bet.

The dip is important, but if you come up with a home made one then even better.

I'm so happy that this recipe is of interest. You can probably tell that I'm quite proud of it. Hope you all like it after the hype <3

Salmon Spaghetti Carbonara:

Serves 4

1lb fresh tagliatelle
4 slices of smoked bacon
4 egg yokes
1-2 salmon fillets
Garlic
Bunch of spring onions
4 oz mushrooms.
handful of peas
Parmesan cheese to taste
100 ml of half cream, or as much as you can stomach!
salt/pepper

Wrap the salmon in foil and oven cook for 30 min or so.

Beat the eggs together with the cream, salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, grill the bacon till crisp and dry. Mop up the grease on a paper towel and break the bacon up into bits.

Fry the onion and garlic. Add and cook the mushrooms and peas, and finally the flaked, cooked salmon and bacon.

Add the piping hot cooked pasta, and immediately pour over the eggs and cream which will cook on contact. Toss gently. (no sniggering)

Enjoy with loadsa Parmesan of course :)

Last edited:
Do you ever get sick of baked beans? Well not again:

Baked Beans
Quartered Cherry or Plum Tomatoes
Marjoram
Basil
Pepper

Makes for excellent savoury baked beans. :)

a soup I made the other day recipe basically a broccili and stilton soup with a few extras
1/2 onion chopped finely
2 decent heads of broccoli chopped up best you can
2 medium sized potatoes grated
1.5l vegetable stock
6 spring onions finely chopped
200g stilton
1/2 cup port
a little oil

fry onions when clear add in broccoli then add in grated potato once all soft add in stock and port bring to the boil then simmer for about 20 minutes or so add in stilton and spring onion once melted you can blend and eat port is optional but does add a little something also add in smoked bacon now and again for a little different taste

Salmon Spaghetti Carbonara:

Serves 4

1lb fresh tagliatelle
4 slices of smoked bacon
4 egg yokes
1-2 salmon fillets
Garlic
Bunch of spring onions
4 oz mushrooms.
handful of peas
Parmesan cheese to taste
100 ml of half cream, or as much as you can stomach!
salt/pepper

Wrap the salmon in foil and oven cook for 30 min or so.

Beat the eggs together with the cream, salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, grill the bacon till crisp and dry. Mop up the grease on a paper towel and break the bacon up into bits.

Fry the onion and garlic. Add and cook the mushrooms and peas, and finally the flaked, cooked salmon and bacon.

Add the piping hot cooked pasta, and immediately pour over the eggs and cream which will cook on contact. Toss gently. (no sniggering)

Enjoy with loadsa Parmesan of course :)

Cream and onions in carbonara....just no.

Anyone got any new recipes to add? I'm looking for some fresh ideas.