• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Psychoactive Substances Act - Update: Illegals R Us

Paracetamol isn't an NSAID btw.

edit - I never take paracetamol for pain, only if i've got a fever.

Same-same actually, Julez. NSAIDs give me terrible discomfort (I had a stomach ulcer for nigh-on a decade so hardly a surprise). I actually do find paracetamol to be of some use - mainly in conjunction with other painkillers as it does seem to have an oddly potentiating effect... or the other way around, and also for fevers. I am a highly-trained drugpig though so know how to safely use the stuff.

Acute liver failure caused by paracetamol overdosing is twice as common in the UK as in other European countries, a study of data from the mid-2000s has revealed.

The study – published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology – found that overall, paracetamol overdoses accounted for a sixth of all cases of acute liver failure resulting in transplant (ALFT) in European countries between 2005 and 2007.

However, rates of paracetamol overdose related ALFT varied massively between countries and were highest in Ireland and the UK.

For example, Ireland had 49 cases and the UK 10 cases per 1,000 tons of paracetamol sold – compared with an average of six.

linky

All that proves is why Brits can't be trusted to self medicate.

Paracetamol and ibuprofen are great for relieving pain and fever. At some stage though you have to treat the cause of pain, not the symptoms.

All that proves is why Brits can't be trusted to self medicate.

Paracetamol and ibuprofen are great for relieving pain and fever. At some stage though you have to treat the cause of pain, not the symptoms.

Very true point indeed, as with many things if the cause isn't treated the pain is more than likely to continue <3

Interesting article although it cannot be taken for absolute seems as only 1000 people were tested. <3

Evey

Last edited:
I personally think Paracetamol has more place being banned than most. Plenty of papers suggest its pretty much placebo as a painkiller. I know it has other uses but , its still a big lie, a poisonous one at that..
Plenty of papers showing it works too. As long as you stay under 4g a day your liver can deal with it. It also works well as an adjunct to opioids in treating pain, allowing for a lower dose of opioids to be used. I did a lot of research on this when doing my degree and the papers are out there to back up its use. Anyone who takes too much of it is playing with fire however and anyone who chooses to od on it as a way of suicide is quite simply an idiot..if you actually take enough to do that it takes weeks to die and its a slow and horrible death.
But as an analgesic it is quite useful

Plenty of papers showing it works too. As long as you stay under 4g a day your liver can deal with it. It also works well as an adjunct to opioids in treating pain, allowing for a lower dose of opioids to be used. I did a lot of research on this when doing my degree and the papers are out there to back up its use. Anyone who takes too much of it is playing with fire however and anyone who chooses to od on it as a way of suicide is quite simply an idiot..if you actually take enough to do that it takes weeks to die and its a slow and horrible death.
But as an analgesic it is quite useful

Im not one to call a university educated, health professional out... but i will... just this once=D. Paracetamol is great at reducing temperatures, a pain killer though. Is it fuck. Im not saying it doesnt have its uses but as an OTC med, its dangerous. Folk often exceed 4g a day, easy done when taking 2 tablets, a gram, of Paracetamol.

Headaches would be the most common use i guess. Your average headache lasts no longer than an hour, during which you dropped a gram of drugs, headache passes naturally and its attributed to Paracetamol. They don't touch migraines though, do they?? I don't believe it's down to severity but the length of the migraine that leaves P'cetmol redundant. Migraines duration don't allow for the Paracetamol to lay claim to healing...

It potentiates opis, thats a new one on me. So do anti-histsmines. Cannabis too. Booze... Or maybe instead of potentiation, give them thr claimed 50% potentiate via more Opiates to treat pain..

Last edited:
Folks who use more than 4g a day are not following the instructions. Like any medications you need to stay within dosage limits.

There is lots of info on it being used as an adjunct to opioids. It is common practice in hospitals. Shambles even said he noticed it.

It might not work for severe acute pain on its own but mild pain..and headaches are classed as pain too btw it works. I have seen it with my own eyes as a nurse, reseached it and the evidence is there.

People who choose to OD on it could not pick a worse drug. If you actually take too much the liver damage is not reversible and you will die a painful very slow (read weeks) death.

Think what you like but my own research from peer reviewed studies shows that it is effective, especially as an adjunct to opioids.

Anyway off to the beach.

I could link to some journal articles but you wont have access to them so there is no point. Here is one showing how paracetamol enables the use of lower doses of oxycodone in treating pain. I cant see any hospital using anit-histamines, cannabis, alcohol or thr in pain management.
Oxycodone and Paracetamol

Paracetamol is an effective analgesic post dental surgery

Last edited:
Im not one to call a university educated, health professional out... but i will... just this once=D. Paracetamol is great at reducing temperatures, a pain killer though. Is it fuck. Im not saying it doesnt have its uses but as an OTC med, its dangerous. Folk often exceed 4g a day, easy done when taking 2 tablets, a gram, of Paracetamol.

Headaches would be the most common use i guess. Your average headache lasts no longer than an hour, during which you dropped a gram of drugs, headache passes naturally and its attributed to Paracetamol. They don't touch migraines though, do they?? I don't believe it's down to severity but the length of the migraine that leaves P'cetmol redundant. Migraines duration don't allow for the Paracetamol to lay claim to healing...

It potentiates opis, thats a new one on me. So do anti-histsmines. Cannabis too. Booze... Or maybe instead of potentiation, give them thr claimed 50% potentiate via more Opiates to treat pain..

This. Totally agree here.

Evey

Comparing a migraine to a headache is like apples and oranges. Not all headaches resolve in an hour. That's just rubbish. Yes people can take more than they should but then they are not taking it as directed. It is effective. The science is there. Is it dangerous if you take too much? Yes it is but that can be said for just about any medicine. And as I said the arguement that is easily accessible for people to kill themselves with then as I said only a total utter moron would choose that route..unless a slow painful death is what you want. Train tracks, cliffs, tall buildings are all accessible too... should we ban those too? It's an effective medicine used by the health profession and when used within dosage limits taking contraindications into account there is nothing wrong with it. Especially as an adjunct to opioids.

I can say the science is there that Paracetamol is shite... depends who commissioned the study I guess.

I did say
SM said:
Your average headache lasts no longer than an hour

Not,
Consumer said:
all headaches resolve in an hour

Ime, its useless. That's why I don't take it... im sure you're aware people, form habits. I noticed Paracetamol excessive use in women more than men. My ex when I first met her would easily exceed 8tablets. 4gram... I pointed this out and she was just taking them through habit. She wasn't trying to kill herself... The difference can soon be lost over 24hours from the recommended 8 tabs too 10 or 12..

Last edited:
I can say the science is there that Paracetamol is shite... depends who commissioned the study I guess.

I did say

Not,

Ime, its useless. That's why I don't take it...

Fair enough. It's use as an adjunct to opioids is well studied. It is very effective. I also dont believe the average headache resolves in an hour but whatever. Believe what you wish. I will stick to what i know and have seen effective in professional practice.

Water is pretty effective for headaches... we'll agree to disagree. Just to be clear, I accept it has uses. As a pain killer. Nope, not imo..

I did say

Not,

Ime, its useless. That's why I don't take it... im sure you're aware people, form habits. I noticed Paracetamol excessive use in women more than men. My ex when I first met her would easily exceed 8tablets. 4gram... I pointed this out and she was just taking them through habit. She wasn't trying to kill herself... The difference can soon be lost over 24hours from the recommended 8 tabs too 10 or 12..

I have never heard of anyone being addicted to paracetamol. As i said if taken within dosage limits it is safe unless you have contraindications. If you dont take it as directed like ANY medicine there will be consequences. I am not saying there wont. Quite the opposite. But is that a reason to ban a drug that is effective for many people? IMO Codeine should be not OTC as it is here as that IS habit forming and the amount of codeine in OTC tablets is not effective. That is a far bigger problem than paracetamol. Especially if people dont CWE and take it with the paracetamol or ibuprofen it comes with. But i digress. If taken as directed its safe. If not then expect side effects, potentially life threatening ones if you really push the envelope. This is the same for most medication.

Water is pretty effective for headaches... we'll agree to disagree. Just to be clear, I accept it has uses. As a pain killer. Nope, not imo..

I agree. It's the first thing i do if i have one. If that does not work i take 1g of paracetamol

And i know what you are saying about people taking painkillers just out of habit. It certainly does happen. I have a mate that takes too much ibuprofen because of back pain. I have told him many times not to do it due to GI bleeding etc but her continues so I get what you are saying.

We will just agree to disagree :)

Last edited:
Awh, our first falling out... Whilst I had pants on my head too.. Are pants psychoactive? Must be why I'm so argumentative...

For all EADDS prosperity =D <3

EatOXhR.jpg

Lol. No falling out. Just a debate. My pants were off. Its naked Sunday

Lol. No falling out. Just a debate. My pants were off. Its naked Sunday

Pants off is, like saying, socks off.. The act of removing clothes doesn't result in psychoactivity, its about the positioning of [MENTION=154699]F.U.B.A.R.[/MENTION]'S yesterday( day before that:?:D) pants on your head...8o