• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Official Tramadol Discussion Thread

Personally, weed has always exacerbated what ever feeling i've had. That means if i was tired it makes me more tired, if i was happy it made me more happy, if i was anxious it made me more anxious. This being said, about ten years ago i had a really bad addiction to oxycodone. When ever i would smoke weed i would instantly begin to experience WDs. If i was already WDing it would become way more intense. This is however subjective, drugs effect everyone differently.

Yeh i would never smoke weed while tram wd. The anxiaty is terrible and weed would maybe just make it even worse. Best help is take some benzos for few days.

Last time i used few months everyday i did four days small doses of bupe (like 0.5mg) and did not get any wd:s so thats also good.

Once upon a time, 50 mg of tramadol would get me that nice, aching feeling in my arms that is so enjoyable...Now it takes 200 mg. Such a shame that this drug probably will end with irresponsible use, and I will have to stop using it forever. I see myself not being satisfied with just the aching of the arms - I will go all the way and go for the 400 mg and get the full effect. That being lying on the couch with wonderful, lucid dreams and sweating euphoria.

So far, my tramadol use has been almost without consequences, the only problem being tiredness after using a couple of days in a row, but nothing excessive. Actually I can appreciate falling asleep earlier in the evening. No depression, no bad cravings, no decrease in mental capacity. This will probably change, however, as my dosage goes up, and my frequency of use. Or not, I have been using this drug for a year now, and it still offers so much with almost no ill consequences.

I guess it will boil down to the fact that I am aiming for a completely drug free life, and maybe it is a good thing that I will stop using tramadol sooner than later (and I will, if it gets out of control). I know I won't miss it after some time, just like I don't miss all the other drugs I have done in the past and gotten over. Time heals all wounds, it seems. If you let it.

Tramadol used to due some weird things to me at higher doses. Often i would hallucinate nothing as intense as acid or shrooms but like just static and lil blips of color and trails. Especially if i was looking at something with a lot of different colors and designs like the shelves while grocery shopping, Or all the debris on the ground while in the woods.

While on the peak of the high i could NEVER sleep. I could easily stay up for days if i continued to redose. Once i was able to sleep i would have the most fuct dreams and i would raise limbs up into the air.

One of my friends and his wife who also take large doses have had complications. My friend has twitches and gets anxiety the days following requiring xanax. Hos wife has had tramadol induced seizures a few times and continues to use it.

Tramadol is like an alluring woman. A woman who makes your job seem enjoyable, gives you energy and makes you happy all at the same time. I sometimes think tramadol is a mislabeled antidepressant. If you do not respect that woman she will bitch slap you so hard. When i first started taking it i did it occasionally, by definition i was a chipper. Then i started taking it all the time and eventually i was taking very large doses everyday. When i finally did stop i had severe pains in my knees, my heart would palpitate arrhythmically and i was sweating and cold constantly. Additionally i was so depressed. Way more depressed than i have EVER felt after using E, and i had zero motivation. Instead of enjoying everything i did no matter how mundane, nothing was enjoyable no matter how exciting.

Respect tramadol, it loses all of its magic if you do it to often and is difficult to stop. It's definately not as hard as opiates i have quit. But it's certainly not enjoyable once you are hooked and decide to quit.

my mates back home have been crushing up XR Tramadol caps and snorting them with ketamine, is this an especially dangerous thing to do?

my mates back home have been crushing up XR Tramadol caps and snorting them with ketamine, is this an especially dangerous thing to do?

Cross-posting, eh Tekken? Tut tut. You are a naughty lil sausage ;)

Answered in the EADD tramadol thread but repeated here for posterity... Tram doesn't work nasally so tell them to crush 'em, bomb 'em then sniff the ket - really nice combo actually. Just don't snort the tram cos it's pointless :)

I actually used tramadol for weight loss. It greatly lessens the 'urge' to eat. But you still can easily, and feel hunger. It probably helped me drop 50 pounds over a year. Plus, it motivated me to excercise. Tramadol took me from a dangerously fat lout to one of the healthier people I know.

Lazydullard, could you provide us with some info on how you use tramadol as a weight loss agent? How much tramadol do you take a day? Do you take breaks from tramadol, and have you considered that once you stop taking tramadol, the weight may come back?

Eh, I've stopped using it now. My appetite shrunk permanently. Overeating was just a psychological habit, one that wasn't there on tramadol. Now I recognize it, and can stop eating when I realize my stomach is full.

I started on just 100mg a day for maybe two months, then it escalated way up. I would skip dosing on the weekend completely. I took tramadol only on workdays. I started exercising on it (a habit I never managed to maintain for more than 2 months before) and could select meals based on their nutritional value and what I figured I needed. I used to eat just for stimulation and fun, but with tramadol, I already felt those things.

Anyways, eventually I upped the doses too high, and got all the great symptoms of tramadol dependence like anxiety/anger on the comedown and in the mornings, runny noses and extreme fatigue on my sober weekends, and some minor intestinal distress.

I tapered off it, and now only use it like 2-3 times a week. And never above 100mg. It was the second time I came off physical dependence to tramadol. The first time was over a year ago. I realized the suppressed appetite from the first trial and made my action plan. I used tramadol daily from 7.08 to 12.08 and then on the 5 day schedule 2.09 to 9.09.

Does anyone know the recommended mg per kg for tramadol? The 400 mg limit per day is to be taken seriously, however, I have a hard time seeing how a 50 kg girl should get the same effect out of a dose that a 6 foot 3 man of 95 kgs has taken.

What I mean to say is, dosage has to be weight-related, right?

Lazydullard, can you tell us what your dosage per day was at its heighest?

what is with that limit? i mean i was right on the edge of it for a long time. Is that the peak effectiveness of the drug or is it like the edge or overdose? For instance the body can only process 400mg of codeine is that the case with tramadol as well?

The limit is there because seizures become more frequent when the dosage exceeds 400 mg. It does seem a little odd that this number does not take into account body size.

From what I have tried and know is that you get a better high just from eating it...

If you keep at 400mg for a while you'll end it with pretty bad withdrawals. I don't like to say how high I got, because it could be past the seizure threshold for some people. I think it's time for a tolerance break when you hit 400mg.

I don't think the dosage is weight related. My highest dose gave me a headache, dizziness, nausea, dry heaving, and extreme fear and panic. And it was much lower dose than what other people on bluelight and the internet had taken before. I'm just gonna use this stuff as an occasional energy pill now. 100mg is the dose I'm sticking with now.

Well, I weighed 120kg, when I first started, and weigh 99kg now.

I'm glad someone gets something out of tramadol. All it does is make me very nauseated and I get a wired, speedy feeling for most of the day after dosing in the morning. It's better than nothing, but nowhere near even hydrocodone. I'd rather have codeine or even Darvocet. I can get a buzz off of 4 darvocet and I have a heavy tolerance (nothing short of Fentanyl, Methadone or Morphine).

Cross-posting, eh Tekken? Tut tut. You are a naughty lil sausage ;)

Answered in the EADD tramadol thread but repeated here for posterity... Tram doesn't work nasally so tell them to crush 'em, bomb 'em then sniff the ket - really nice combo actually. Just don't snort the tram cos it's pointless :)

yeah was a bit silly, posted here then thought, what am I doing in basic drug discussion, i rarely venture from EADD! =D

Thanks anyway, can now inform my pals the truth, they do it orally as well.. although really I'm a bit concerned about them all doing whatever pharm they can get their hands on, my mates lil bro is only 15 and he's snorting K and doing tramadol, not sensible but I can't see him getting addicted, just does them with K

For me Tramadol is sort of like...the feeling about 15 minutes after you pop two vikes (whole) and have that "oh here it comes it's almost here" feeling, but it never gets beyond that. I feel like Tramadol almost makes me fiend for real painkillers even more because of this. I've only taken it twice and while i would pretty much never take more than (2) 7.5 Percs at once, i was taking 4-5 tramadol (don't remember strength, but my guess is the lowest available), cracking them in half, drinking beers with them and trying to get over the hump into euphoriaville. Never got there though.

If you keep at 400mg for a while you'll end it with pretty bad withdrawals. I don't like to say how high I got, because it could be past the seizure threshold for some people. I think it's time for a tolerance break when you hit 400mg.

I don't think the dosage is weight related. My highest dose gave me a headache, dizziness, nausea, dry heaving, and extreme fear and panic. And it was much lower dose than what other people on bluelight and the internet had taken before. I'm just gonna use this stuff as an occasional energy pill now. 100mg is the dose I'm sticking with now.

Well, I weighed 120kg, when I first started, and weigh 99kg now.

Had the same effect as you did, Bro. I took them for my back pain, and in 8 months I noticed that I went from 191 lbs --> 165 and my waist size 38"-->32". Definitely a nice side effect.

My exercise and diet have gotten a little better, but I don't think they've changed enough for a sudden 26lb weight loss. I wonder if Tramadol is just an appetite suppressant, or actually does have some effect on metabolism?

If you ever have the idea of taking tramadol and going for a jog, think again. I took around 150mg in tablet form and insufflated around 50mg more. I was feeling ok and pleasantly high so the prospect of going for a nice jog was a appealing, i put on my ipod and went for a job and by the end of it my heart had sharp, knife like pains jabbing at it and it was hard to breathe. And whoever said Trams are better than MDMA you are fucking stupid and have clearly never done real MDMA.

I have recently stumbled upon these and am finding great effects as well. I have a pretty low tolerance for opiates and they usually knock me out so fast i cant enjoy the high. But with tramadol they do no make me so drowsy and the high is mild and great. Also I have never had a "rebound" headache the next morning. They also kill my appetite which is a great side effect. I usually take 400mg in the late afternoon and am high for hours.

They make me a little nervous with the risk of seizure though. I have to take 400mg to feel an affect (I am not skinny!) and I know that is the max dose/day. At first I was also taking Celexa as I was rx'd that for anxiety, but stopped about a week ago after reading I should not take the two together. I did not have any problems while taking the two together, do you think I have a huge riskl of seizure just takin the trammies?? I have not had any problems with anxiety at all without the celexa. The other thing I have noticed is that I have a hard time peeing the next morning! Is that related? How weird...