• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

the official 'pets and drugs' thread

It's not really that strange. Humans have developed language to communicate and tell what's on our mind. Animals read body language alot better, and also have signs of ESP activity. It may be that they can read your mind. My cat knew when I was ill when I was little. It was never in my bed at night, but I had high fever one night, and it jumped up in my bed and lied down on my feet, which is not normal at all. Somehow it knew I was ill.

Why is it so strange to think that animals can't have some sort of perception we don't have, when we have attributes animals don't?
I don't know what mental things to do to communicate with a cat, but they are very receptive to body-language. If you learn the bodylanguage of a cat, you develop a whole other relationship with it.

^ thats exactly what i was thinking

teach me kitty body language! :D

my cat sat on my lap while i was reading this post. Doesn't happen often. Odd coincidence? I think not!

Or maybe it is.

Giving pets drugs

A friend of mine has been giving her cat .25 mg of lorazepam or alprazolam to calm the cat down at night. I am concerned that she is going to kill this thing...it only weighs 10 pounds, but she won't listen to me. Do any of you guys know of some specific dangers I can tell her about? Or is this a safe practice?

i think feeding your pets drugs is a pretty unethical practice. i can't cite any specific safety risks for cats and lorazepam/alprazolam, but i bet your local veterinarian could. call a vet out of the yellow pages and get an opinion from someone who works with animals professionally.

people who can't handle a pet that stays awake at night really shouldn't bother getting pets.

here are some other threads on the subject:

>>getting your pets high<<

>>cats and drugs<<

>>getting pets high through contact<<

^^^ lol, maybe I'll just feed her insane amounts of benzos and see how she likes it :)

.25 mg of xanax is a RELLY high dose for a cat. Not leathal, but way too much. .25 mg of valium isn't quite as bad.

Has she considered a little milk? Is she getting off on doping her cat....? lame.... lame... lame... lame...

Show her the LD50 of Xanax. Also, describe to her that these pills were meant for, and clinically tested for, HUMANS. NOT tenpound felines, and that by doing this, she is potentially putting to risk her pet's life. I mean its really just common sense, of which your friend seems to have a dearth!

I feel bad for the cat. Your friend's behavior is totally reckless and irresponsible. I hope she doesn't have any children - if she can't even handle the cat I can't imagine her having any tolerance for a crying baby.
Poor kitty.

sad.. sad.. sad.. cats on benzo's? NOT a good idea, don't even let the idea pop up in your head, the idea of doing such a thing is bad enough.. what if you find the poor animal dead on your lap the next morning, i freak out if my pets die, don't take pets if you don't care about them and love them.

They actually have pills you can give to cats and dogs to sedate them - I believe they're Acepromazine - they're not benzos, and they're not for daily use. I've had a cat I needed to sedate to take to the vet. He's not a violent cat, he just gets that way if you try to give him shots, cut his nails, etc.

Whatever Acepromazine is, it lays the cat out. He was walking around like his ass didn't work and had trouble judging distance - to drink water, he would stick most of his face in the bowl.

If the cat's really that bad and she insists on keeping it anyway, get her to go talk to a vet. They're probably not going to give her dog tranquilizers on the first visit, though.

And for those of you who are wondering, I've never eaten any dog tranquilizers. It doesn't look like fun.

Has her cat been spayed or neutered? There's your first answer, and it's a good idea to begin with.

what a freak

Don't hang out with freaks like that and you won't have to worrie about what the asshole does to his cat. If he were my freind i'd shove cat shit down his throat.

Crystalmeth Bunny- yes, the kitty is fixed, and thanks for the info on Acepromazine....I think that will be helpful. I appreciate everyone's responses. I think I'm just going to print this thread out and hand it to her :) If anyone else has some comments, feel free to leave them....

OTOH, they send cats home with 25mcg/hr duragesic patches on after some operations, and ever bigger patches for bigass dogs.

But .25mg of xanas EACH night doesn't sound healthy at all for the poor cat. Give it like a quarter of a flexeril or something.

I've never been so blunt on a forum before, but this is stupid. You so don't fucking medicate your pets unless it's under the supervision of a veterinarian. This is so disgusting. Veterinarians study animal medicine for years for a reason.

So maybe some freaks on here self medicate to deal with their own deranged psychoses and neuroses, but keep the damn pills away from your pet. Personal irresponsibility is one's own damn fault, but when those actions start to affect life around you, then it's time for some intervention.

I applaud you for coming here for support for your concern for your friend's pet. I don't know where you live, but if the situation does not change I would highly urge you to contact a local agency such as the SPCA we have here in Canada. You can contact them anonymously and the situation will be investigated.

Tell her to take the cat to a vet and ask for some REAL advice. Sorry but your friend is stupid...

About 20 yrs ago in Denver, my friend & I from Chicago were living in a big old house with about 5 brs & 3 other girls. Him & I would hit the bar, which was like a block & a half away. We'd get blasted til closing, then walk back to the crib for some puff-puff. 1 night after heavy drinking, we got back to the house & started blowing weed hits into the cat's face. Cat was groovin' on it. Next thing we knew, kitty came out of the bedroom wearing little kitty-shades & trying to sell catnip to the dog. Dog was in the 12-step program, so not interested. 8o 8( 8) :p