• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

the official 'pets and drugs' thread

My cat doesn't like smoking pot. He'll sit with me when I toke, but if any of the smoke gets close to him he moves away from it. If people blow it at him intentionally, he usually leaves.
But I've seen some pretty drug-loving cats. Two come to mind.. One loved coke so much he once climbed on top of a fridge to lick up lines while his owner was in the bathroom. Another would put his nose up to his owner's pipe's shotgun whenever it was offered. Both were strange cats ;)

Re cats eating stuff that's lying around - just like for instance small children or people with very low IQ, pets can't be supposed to decide whether something is healthy or not (even though it may taste or smell good). So I think the owner still bears the responsibility to hide possibly dangerous items.
That said I don't know if our recreational substances are dangerous, we'll probably never know as it is not exactly a lucrative field of research, so I would not take the risk. I haven't heard of actual accidents, but if bad things happen I am sure the pet owners will not call the news..

My brother gave two kittens the shake at the bottom of a shroom bag they chased each other around in circles for 2 straight hours. It was hilarious.

Ive heard the same thign about blowing smoke in a dog or cats ear its seemed to work on my dog.

We got my friend's dog high alot over the summer. The first night we closed the doors to the small room where we were smoking and just baked it out, blowing our hits in the dog's face. He didn't like it so we let him leave. But the second night came and he just stayed there...taking the hits, he started to like it. Then he got really stoned and it was really funny becuase he would be laying down, then he's sit up and lay back down again for no reason. And gnaw on his paw for about 15 minutes and do all sorts of animal-stoned stuff, hehe.

My neibors dog likes chocolate.
Maby I should give him like a gallon of it.
I know feeding the dog that much chocolate won't do anything to him it right away.
Oh well the dog likes it so I'll give it to him.
It dosn't hurt me. Why would it hurt the dog.
-----------------------------------------------
Don't be stupid.
Most of the drugs you guy mentioned giving to your pets can give them an extream heart strain. Which include small wholes in the animals heart. Oh and if your about to say. Well whats the differents between my pet getting high and myself getting high. There is a differents. Human hearts although thicker, slower beating,
and lower in temperture are more resileint to plant poisons and other chemicals. Because there designed to withstand these kinds of things. People have been testing out mind alterating, poisoness, and intoxicating substances for millions of years. Your pets though have not. An unlike you are more likely to die from a simple substance that your naturally tolerated to handle.

I once put my ferret into a K-hole, it didnt move for an hour and then when it came around it started yelling at me for being an asshole... wait, maybe i was trippin on lsd that day...?

Would you let a baby inhale pot or get into your coke stash "because they seemed to like it"? A baby has no judgement about drugs, neither does a helpless animal.
I can't believe what some people do for amusement.

I cant stand how people can be so stupid here.
if the pet owner says the pet seems to like it, is willing to have it, and its a substance like pot, not a strong stimulant like mdma or anything, why the hell not to let them try it sometimes ? once in a while ??
remember the owner love its pet.
my dog , is a wonderful cocker. always nice to anyone.very amusing, funny dog. Whenever I start smoke some pot, she comes near and start begging for it. I told my sister, she didnt believe at first and said I was mean for letting her have it. Then once me and my sister were in the backyard smoking and the dog came . begging for it, my sister later said : she begs for a hit of weed like she begs for meat when we re eating near of her!!! its incredible. And I've come to the point, over the course of 3 years, to realize that she needs about 4 hits to get a (mild or not) high. I dont usually give the dog more than that. And she only gets it twice a month,or even less;. But anyway, the point is she loves it. She never waits till her turn. If someone is smoking she starts jumping at that person, shaking her tail like crazy, till the guy gives her a hit. then she stops for a second,and start it all over again till she gets high. Then its the funny part: she starts running around the yeard,messing around with plants, then she wants to be near us all the time, all tender and sweet. and drink lots of water.. then some time later eats a lot and sleeeeep..
and the only times I felt bad for her, was the times I dindt give her any hit and put her in another room while I was smoking..

I had a crack dealer who would shut his cat on a cubboard and blow crack smoke threw it, and this cat was treeked. It would run all over and attack your foot, he had to lock it in the bedroom sometimes I felt sorry for it.

The BEST way to get your pets high!
I was at a friend's house when he put his cat in a medium size cooler and closed the lid. He had a fat blunts rolled and we smoked it(between like 3 people). We'd inhale the smoke, then when we'd exhale we'd open up the little hole in the side of the cooler (where you pour the ice out) and exhale all of the smoke into there and then close it back up again. When the blunt was done, we smoked a couple of bowls, continuing to blow the smoke into the hole. After we were done he opened the lid, the thickest smoke I had ever seen just sat in there, it was so thick I couldn't even see his black cat. The cat jumped out a second later scaring the fuck out of us. It went and hid under a tree, it was still under the tree just staring out in a 'ready' stance a good two hours later.
Haha, some might call that mean, but if you want to get your pet high you might try it...just hope it doesn't die.
[ 28 January 2003: Message edited by: pr0ficient ]

Christ.
This is just fucking sick. Do you realize that these pets, that I assume you claim to love, have no idea what the hell is going on when you fuck with them like that.
My cat loves beer. She gets to lick the RIM of my bottle once. I would NEVER do anything like any of this to an animal.
Some of you just need to take a step back and think about the cruel stress you are putting these guys through. They are depending on you to do what is best for them. If they trust you to care for them, why would you hurt them on purpose?
Is that really the kind of person you want to be?
If you can't care for your pet in the way that they deserve, let me know. There is always room in our home and hearts for one more.
I am sure the four cats, the frog and the two ferrets (all who have always remaind sober and are very happy) would welcome a new buddy.
Christ, This whole thing has made me sick.

Originally posted by Harlequin:
[QB]I used to think the same thing about getting animals high, that it was unmitigated cruelty.
But then I thought about it realistically, and tried to put it on a scale with:
spaying/neutering
Declawing
Earbinding
Tail bobbing
Debarking
Dogfighting
Feeding people food to pets
Feeding pet food to pets
Caging pets
Neglecting pets
Abandoning pets
Euthanizing pets
Okay.
Fixing your pet. That is for the good of all those babies to come. How many homes can you find?
Do you know how many unwanted animals are out down every year? Read about it before you call it cruel.
Declawing. Cruel, you are right. Those people probaby wouldn't think twice about drugging an animal. Cruelty is what it is.
Earbinding, sorry, it is tape. Doesn't hurt. Again, research your point.
Tail bobbing. Nit something I would do, but for working animals, sometimes it causes less pain then the options. That and they do it in a vets office and the animal doesn't feel it.
Debarking....I don't like that either, but I know people who have done it to save the animal because the dog officer was making treats, due to asshole neighbors complaining. Still, mean.
People who fight dogs are sick fucks, not normal people. I don't even think you can consider that in the "norm" and is it a crime.
People food, we all know it is not good for them, but give me a break, You are not messing with mental health here. Pet food, so buy a good one. What is your point.
I could go on, but really...
Are you saying this makes drugging your pet okay?
Get over it. It is cruel and you can go to jail for it. You should go to jail for it.
Would you drug an infant and then try to explain that the baby liked it?

i hope none of you who think this is funny in any way are ever parents
you'll be the ones we see on the news for child abuse, neglect, or murder
[ 29 January 2003: Message edited by: randycaver ]

Okay, I come in here from a completely impartial side. I've never gotten my pets high, but on the other hand I've never THOUGHT of getting my pets high.
Anyway my beef is as such: because we humans think that we're so sentient and such we feel that animals are "below" us in the scheme of things. The fact of the matter is that we aren't our pets so we really have no idea what is going on inside their heads when they do anything. Are we arrogant in assuming that we know what is best for our pets instead of letting some form of "free will" prevail? I state again: we don't know what is going on in the mind of any animal (or any human either, save our own) so who are we to say what is best for our pets.
If it really came down to it, I would not force my pets to get high, but if they somehow were to express a desire for altered states, I would comply. There is evidence of apes getting shitfaced on fermented fruit in the jungles and the such, so there is the desire in animals for altered states. Who are we to deny it if they so want it?

So if your dog let you know he really wanted to drink that gallon of anti-freeze, that would be your cue to pour up a big bowl of the stuff for him?
How the hell does your pet show you the desire to be in an altered state of mind?
How would he know about being in an altered state of mind in the first place? Did the other dogs tell him about it down at the doggiepark? Were they barking drug stories in code over the fence at night?
I am sorry, but that is the stupidist GodDamn thing I have ever heard.

I could go on, but really...
Are you saying this makes drugging your pet okay?
Get over it. It is cruel and you can go to jail for it. You should go to jail for it.
Would you drug an infant and then try to explain that the baby liked it?
No, I'm saying that if we're going to get our panties in a wad over animal cruelty, then there's a lot more things we should be addressing before we start making posts to strangers on the internet telling them they should go to jail for blowing pot smoke in their pet's ear.
I for one would be far more concerned over the multitude of people who actually are torturing their pets and babies through more direct means before I had time to think about whether an animal has the right to enjoy an altered state.
But hey, that's just me.
And once again--what about pets (and babies) in tobacco smoking households? They're exposed to just as much, if not MORE, harmful substances than the occasional reefer smoke. Should these people burn in hell as well?
For the record--I don't drug my pets. I've blown a vaporizer hit at my cat once, and he walked away. Haven't done it since.
Oh, and coincidentally:
How would he know about being in an altered state of mind in the first place? Did the other dogs tell him about it down at the doggiepark? Were they barking drug stories in code over the fence at night?
What was that you were saying about researching your point? The scientific world is filled with reports of wild animals getting high--seeking out berries and fungi not essential to their diet and chowing down to produce an altered state. In fact, many people believe that's how human beings "discovered" substances like coffee and amanita muscaria. We had to get the idea from somewhere, my friend...
[ 29 January 2003: Message edited by: Harlequin ]

So if your dog let you know he really wanted to drink that gallon of anti-freeze, that would be your cue to pour up a big bowl of the stuff for him?
How the hell does your pet show you the desire to be in an altered state of mind?
Thank you for pointing out exactly what I mean. You're instantly assuming that 1. Animals COULDN'T think for themselves.
2. Animals CAN'T communicate with each other.
It is the highest form of human arrogance to think that we're so high and mighty and every single thing comes second best. People who think that, to me are the "stupidest GodDamn" people I have the displeasure to deal with.
My thoughts, as I stated before, is that my pet CANNOT express its thoughts to me, so I have no idea what they want. But, I have seen my cats go apeshit whenever I have brought catnip into the house and they actively seeked it out and opened the box to get more high, so there is a definite desire for altered states in animals (as I also said before)
And a dog asking for anti-freeze? I mean, REALLY? Who drinks anti-freeze? I understand that the point you were trying to make is "if your pets asks for anything to get them high, would you do it?" I suspected that it was a given that I'd treat my pets the same way I'd treat my friends, but I guess not every one makes that assumption. If theoretically my dog (or my friends) wanted to drink anti-freeze, I'd prevent them, I would suggest something a mite safer.
So, unless you are able to PROVE that we're better than animals, and they can't think or communicate, I'm going to stay impartial to the whole thing on the basis that I can't communicate well enough with my pets to feel comfortable in getting them really high, but if they could ask me somehow, I would.

Fetish Jester - with all due respect to a fellow mod ;) ...
I don't think melissa's point was that we are better than our animals.
Her point was that we are their trusted custodians and caretakers - we feed them, we house them, we tend to their injuries; we are supposed to keep them safe. We do what is, or should be, in their best interest.
The fact that we cannot verbally communicate with them requires some guesswork on our part, yes. But her point was that any reasonable person would think it in the BEST INTEREST of the animal NOT to expose them to harmful, toxic substances which can be detrimental to their health and wellbeing.
Yes, animals have been known to seek out plants in the wild for their dissasociative sensations. But are we assuming this is for the same reasons as we seek out those substances? Quite possibly it is learned behaviour, leading to addiction, and has nothing to do with the recreational value.
Maybe your dog simply "wants" to inhale your pot just like he thinks he "wants" what's on your plate, even if it's tofu or stringbeans. Dogs and cats are social creatures; they probably want to copy us. But does that mean they're looking to get 'high'?
Dogs don't have any problems having fun in simple ways like chasing a ball around, I doubt they need drugs to relieve boredom, examine their mind's corners or feel satisfied with their lives.
I agree:
We are imposing our beliefs on animals whatever side of the fence we fall in this debate. But for the love of god, FJ, if that's your argument; why on earth would you err on the side of risk?
To your credit, Fetish, you're the only one in this thread who has put *some* thought into your argument beyond "but he likes it!!". Props for that. :)
But I define love as having a concern for the welfare and saftey of your pet - which drugs are proven to endanger - not giving them everything they beg for, regardless of the consequences, simply for purile entertainment value.
Good on you melissa, for taking up this debate for all those humans are too flabbergastered to comment, and the animals who have no voice to protest.
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: Strawberry_lovemuffin ]

"Maybe" is correct, Strawberry, and any one of us could be wrong. But I think there's a far cry between "maybe" and "you aren't even human and you should go to jail."
That's all I'm saying. As I mentioned before I'm not all gung-ho about giving away my drugs to my animals, but I really think that there are more pressing issues out there...