the official debate thread: no holds barred-> which genre sux/rules?

I like DnB/Jungle alot.IMO its one of the most innovative forms of electronic music to date.The drawback though, I only fear I will grow to hate it. Due to the amount of media I see and listen to that use it as a sales pitch with an amen break slapping you in the face screaming some endorsment. Its really a sad affair when someone tells you, what you listen to sounds like a car commercial.
But I suppose its only what happens to anything that has a certain unique quality to it. But still, I hate to see things come and pass, and in the end have burnt itself away from mindless over use in the media.
------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." HST
AIM:nahkturnul

nothing sux/rules. its all a matter of taste.
instead of telling someone their choisce of music is wanky, just say "im not a fan" or "i cant dig that jazz y0".
simply by doinf this, could you make the world a better place.

i dig music in EVERY genre, as long as its good, if you dig deep enough, you can find music in any genre you like, even if your a d&b head i bet you can find some trance you dig, or if your a metal head i still think you could find a progressive breakbeat song that would bob your head...its not bout the genre, its bout the quality of the music!!!
~hydra

What genre is the best? Its all relative. You can all talk all day about what is better, blah blah blah, but in the end who really gives a fuck? I like my genre the best and I don't expect anybody else to. If you're with me, OK. If you're not, too bad.

Emm Digital, you sux! lol, no you don't this is a insane thread, so i will say no music sucks. I mean like when it's silent and I don't hear some kind of birds chirpping or my dog panttting or a nice bell tone, a drum beating anything i always feel like the world is coming to a end!

i'm very narrow-minded and prejudice to what i like. so with that said....
trance, anyway you look at it, just plain sucks. cheesy, mainstream, whatever words you want to use to describe it, it sucks plain and simple. when i think of trance, i think of little boys and girls dressed in rainbow colored clothes with teletubbies trying to give me hugs. YUCK!
house to me is just re-filtered disco music. there is some house i enjoy, but its few and far between.
i am a tekno-head. plain and simple. adam beyer, cari lekebusch, joel mull, thomas krome, alex katz, kay d. smith, andreas kraemer, glenn wilson, umek, marco bailey, ben simms, ESP woody mcbride, things of that nature. i dig real hard "mental" acid as well. anything on the BRAIN label or close to is just crazy, nuts shit!!!
also, never thought i'd like hardhouse, but my roommate spins it, and living with him the last year has made me enjoy that genre as well.
but in the end, its what you, as a individual like. like others said on here, you just got to know whats good and whats crap.

Mods were told to close posts after they reached 100 replies, this has been quite a few more than that.
This has been open for ages anyway.
We'll archive it later on.