the official debate thread: no holds barred-> which genre sux/rules?

digital-psyKosis

Bluelighter
against my better judgement, but this thread is for those of you who get off on this kind of debate. all i ask is that it stays in this thread, nowhere else in this forum.......anything goes here....say what you will about any genre of music....this thread will not be closed (not by me anyways)
so which is it? what suxx? what is the bomb? get your frustrations/debates out here.
hope this solves our lil problem Jflip....
------------------
"you're dancing a dance with the digital devil..."
O[=]O
~DP~
www.geocities.com/trip5978/trip5978.html

One person's opinion:
I think trance is coming on stronger every day. Early on, I think it was kind of repetitive, but today I think that genre is where the envelope is being pushed.
On the other hand, house music has always left me wanting more. There are always exceptions, but most of it just seems like disco music that has been re-heated and served again.

It dont get no better than JUNGLE. the best kind of Jungle is Jump-up. jump up just makes you wanna "jump up" n dance.
Booty house is tha shit. theres nothing better than hearing "shake that ass" to a bangin beat.
------------------
"You mean we're smokin dog shit man??"

DISCLAIMER- IM JUST HAVIN FUN WITH YA'll
Jump-up is for newbies and so "two years ago" . Its for kids who cant let go of Hip-hop and get with real D&B.
Booty house is the retarded step-son of Miami go-go, the dumbest genre of music ever produced. Any genre of music dedicated to a specific part of the human anatomy must be wack. Plus its all about ass, and nothing good comes outta ass, right?

I would have to agree with Xtortion because the Trance genre is really getting mainstream if you know what I mean and house is good even though progressive house is basically trance that's probally why trance is becoming real big because they took the house and put a new paint coat on it which is a different name......
------------------
And God Saw the people Dacin!!

Techno crisis- Go to the music FAQ and find out the difference between Trance and Prog. House.

Ooops......
Had to fix my signature....
Hey What happend to Techno??
------------------
And God Saw the people Dancin!!

OH my bad sorry progressive house and trance are different and the difference is trance is better sorry didnt mean to compare them....
------------------

Well Andre' Tanneberger Considers his music Trance based and his music has more then one-note bassline....
So is ATB wrong or is trance and prog house resemble eachother?
------------------

i must say i prefer trancy shit. bubblegum trance i call it, you may call it cheese. and happy hardcore, you know, "time after time", "99 baloons""together forever".....'children of the night' absolutly gets me rollin everytime i hear it, sends chills down my spine. almost like cumming......Jungle or breakbeats just don't do that for me.
trance and HHC bring me to a differnt place, jungle just leaves me behind.
------------------
_..just close your eyes and we can walk across the sky..__

I am partly responsible for this thread so..........read my signature!
- J Flip -
-this also includes DnB, urban jungle, and raggae jungle-
------------------
"If it ain't bout some JUNGLE, then it ain't bout me!"

I personally think house is the bastard spawn of disco....
I will always love trance... I love music that takes me on a journey...
And there are certain trance songs that never cease to give me chills and goose bumps.. (song like "Bassline" by dimitri&eric houhan, Hybrid - "Airless" or "heaven scent" by bedrock, or Breeder's "Tyrantanic" (paul oakenfold mix)
no other music really does that to me.
Jungle, on the otherhand kicks ass aswell, not for the ability to capture my emotions ad feelings... but to me its great chillout music... I just can listen to trance all the time, and I never really get tired of jungle or DnB... I just can't really roll as well to it, or for that matter, dance to it either.
but house, Yuck.... Techno is too plastic sounding for its own good too...

Haha I agree with you all completely.
Disco House is pure shit. Same old house beat to some dumb disco samples? Please.
Bootyhouse is vile too.
For melody, beauty, and emotion its all about the Trance. I don't care if its psytrance, goatrance, acidtrance or progressive trance (as long as its NOT ATB or Alice Deejay, etc). For pure power and adrenaline, its all about the Drum and Bass, Dark/Tech-step preferably. None of that jazzy atmospheric stuff.
PEASH.

progressive house is the name trance went by went it hit the scene.

Lots of music is good however-
TRANCE, HAPPY HARDCORE, NU-NRG BLOW!!!!!!]
if its not hard, it bettah be funky!!!
peace
[This message has been edited by decepticon (edited 19 July 2000).]

Techno is too plastic sounding for its own good too...
Have you actually ever heard any techno?
Give some examples of 'plastic sounding' techno and I'll give you back some examples of deep, soulful techno or tech-house tracks for each...
[This message has been edited by basic (edited 19 July 2000).]