the official debate thread: no holds barred-> which genre sux/rules?

ehh.. sorry people i got bitter
erase that, you're not in my scene and i don't hate you
[This message has been edited by Roches (edited 23 June 2001).]

Long overdue in this forum
From ELABORATION OF POSTING GUIDELINES
please be courteous and respectful of others when posting. this includes:
bashing someone for their musical tastes, bashing a genre, childish name calling, etcetc.
there is a thread that was made up for this specific purpose however....it is completely uncensored, and you may say what you want about any artist, genre, etcetc. you can find it here
------------------
That's fucked up, Daisy.

what's next, the "which food tastes best" thread? this is so silly. people like what they like. no one kind of music is "better"
disciple
------------------
i close my eyes
i tell you how much i care
then you smile and say to me
'let me be your destiny'
"for you see, it's love that makes your crack house into a crack home!"
-PhreeX
AIM: Aluvitar

yeah no one style is better..I agree
except HARD/POWER TRANCE, HARD HOUSE AND BANGIN NRG
oh yeah and HHC & DnB SUCK!

i like what sounds good to my ears, no matter what it is.
but i'm definitely into, A lot of house and it's sub-genres, Garage, really really into bangin techno, minimal, hard techno, detroit techno.
jungle, and a lot of it's sub-genres.(LOVE ROLLERS
biggrin.gif
)
i'm starting to really really like 2Step
biggrin.gif
. funky breaks, and a bunch of other stuff.

Ya Know What?
Honestly..after reading most of the 9 pages for this post..Electronic music is getting broken down into so many sub-categories. I can't really keep up, and I really don't care to!
I know what i like, and that's all.

omg this thread is 16 months old....LMFAO
i can't believe people are STILL posting to this.....
i remember at one time when it was SO BAD in this forum, and no matter how much we tried to keep the hostility down between those that disagreed on musical tastes, that there were arguments that sprang up almost every other hour. which is why i made this thread......
it's really amusing to see how many people are THAT adament about what they like that they try so hard to push it on others.....or downgrade others for liking something different. reminds me of the high school cliques (jocks, preps, nerds, cheerleaders, hoods, etc)....and what so many people in our scene forget is that all of it has it's place. it's truly ignorant to downgrade others simply for the style of music they like or because of the fact they may not like your choice in music. this may be an extreme example but that's kinda like hitler with the jews, or bin laden with the americans.....it's stupid, ignorant and petty, and although i seriously doubt it would EVER lead to war-like extremes, it's still just as ignorant.
to this day i still won't willingly sit and listen to hardcore (in any form) or gabber, but i respect it and those who like it and even those who play it, just because it has it's place in our scene and there are those who like it.
without all forms of electronic music we would be short changing ourselves and those who have not yet been exposed to it, simply because if you wiped any one form of it off the face of the earth that might be the one thing that would get joe shmoe into a scene like this.....and even more so, it might be something you would end up liking in the future, no matter how much you say you can't stand it now. (for example, i used to hate DnB, but now i not only listen to it, but i have many friends who play/ produce it, and i even tinker with it myself.....)
as humerous it is to look back over this thread (i just spent the better part of the hour doing so) it also shows alot of where people in our scene's mindsets are.....and how much ignorance there really is. dividing up into cliques and dividing the scene will do nothing but hurt us in the end.......
/end soapbox rant

That kinda DRUMnBASS that pumps you up so much that you wanna go out and kill someone!!!!!! *but not really tho* haha
Check out Konflict - Messiah bad ass track!
Dark Electro Breaks are pretty cool too. I like Funklab's I Am Electro!
hehe...My brain is bigger than yours!! :p
------------------
-==-=--
UK DRUMnBASS all in y0 face!
-==-=--

That kinda DRUMnBASS that pumps you up so much that you wanna go out and kill someone!!!!!! *but not really tho* haha
Check out Konflict - Messiah bad ass track!
Dark Electro Breaks are pretty cool too. I like Funklab's I Am Electro!
hehe...My brain is bigger than yours!! :p
------------------
-==-=--
-==-=--

sorry bout tha double post...STUPID CONNECTION TIMEOUTS!!!!!!
------------------
-==-=--
-==-=--

Wow. I just read through a majority of this thread, and there are some seriously disturbed people out there. It's just music for fucks sake people. I agree with Trancekid, simple as this.
What you like= Cool
What you dont like= Shit.
It's okay if music is the most important thing in your life, but if your differences in opinion are causeing you to fight with others, just dont associate yourself with them, and life will be grand
smile.gif

Quick reply
I love all styles ,or I should say I appreciate all styles ,,,but theres no way in all of heaven or hell can you get me to sit or stand or whatever to
DISCO/DIVA/HAPPY/GAY VOICE/House Music
I hate it ,I hate it ,I hate it THANX

I'm not here to say what genre sucks and what genre doesnt. I'm just here as a redirection from FA on another thread which was closed.
I'm a Junglist, dnb head, asshole, whatever u wanna call me i'm fine with that, I just like drum and bass.
I don't think Jungle should be at raves either, in fact I wish it never was. I can't stand having to deal with crackheads everytime I want a fix of the music which i call my own. Its my passion, its what I love, and its damn near all I listen to. For me, DnB is the ONLY music that can pull every emotion out of me at anytime. If I wanna chill, I can put on some intelligent, if I want to be romantic *and quite cheesy*, I can put on some Marcus Intalex & ST Files, If I wanna be contemplative I can put on some Marky & Patife, if I wanna dance I can put on something off Ram Records, if I'm angry, I can put on something off Virus or Outbreak. THAT IS WHY I LOVE THIS MUSIC. And to Jungle 'not being united' or whatever that bullshit was, dnb heads are some of the most dedicated people there is. I've never met a dnb head who came to a party for ANY OTHER REASON than to hear the music. Shit, I have friends who drive hours upon hours just to hear ONE dj spin for an hour on what is usually a subpar sound system, in some dirty ass backroom that has room for about 30 people. If thats not dedication then I don't know what the fuck is.
I'm not trying to hate on anyones music choices. Your choice is your choice, and i'll respect that, regardless of what my personal opinion is. Don't be mistaken though, if I think the music is shit, i'll say that, but its nothing personal against you. Everything has its place musically, and if it touches someone in any way at all, then it serves its purpose as an artform.
------------------
Larry Short
MENTASM MINDS - Those that know, KNOW
Red Dawn Productions
AIM:knockturnalmmrd
"This isn't a god damn carebears movie, its reality" - Amanda

Just when you thought it was safe to enter the room!
Those DnB heads always slither their way in.
wink.gif

I have nothing against any genre of music, they are all irrlevent because eventually everyones musical tastes will evlolve and everyone will listen to idm (hehe :p)
------------------
what you know about that muthafuckin sticky icky?
http://mattmark.thednb.com

Conflicting Vibes= bad parties
*bows*
[This message has been edited by adidasraver (edited 17 November 2001).]

^^^^^^^(-)^^^^^^^^
With that said...klik slips behind the decks..tosses the jungle on the floor..and spins a Phat Bedrock track!
::SLAM::
klik leaves the room.
wink.gif

I just wanna give a second amen to KnockturnalJungle's post. And adidasraver, your opinion here is fine, but PLEASE refrain from personally attacking others in this forum.
------------------
"How the fuck do you feellllll?"
AIM ~ FutureAeons

Best music is hardcore :p
HARDCORE U KNOW THE SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh