• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only wish for Xmas this year is that the Saints get the #6 seed this year so we can have the honor of giving the Falcons their annual early home playoff exit =D

Where's Pander and Chickenscratch?

right here. good win for ya'll. i hate you. we're still better than you and will crush you on our home field. your offense is still really fucking good. i have no idea how we have two opportunities to score on the goal line and can't punch it in. i was throwing shit and i kicked my dog.

^^^

Such a great rivalry man....I love how much the Falcons hate us and how much how much we hate yall. And its even more fierce with the actuaal teams. I saw a stat the other day saying our rivalry has the highest winning % (40-17) since '06 than any other division rivals in the NFL.

Yall have ruined so many seasons for us! Ill never forget wayyy back in the early 90's Deion Sanders showboating his way into the endzone with the Game Clinching INT vs us in the Wildcard at home. Or Morten Anderson's first year with yall after 10+ years with the Saints, kicking the game winning FG to knock us out of the playoff hunt and then later that year kick the game winner to make it in the SB.

I was like 9 years old, crying and cursing those damn dirty birds!

Where's Kenicke to get my back!

it's a great rivalry for sure. dirty south shit.

but you guys have owned our asses for a while now and i'm totally sick of it.

So Vick was knocked out of yet another game, and the Eagles loss is bringing them closer to the end of the Andy Reid era in Philly. The Cowboys won without having to play any offense really. The Giants looked horrible, but hopefully play decent enough to win the division, but I doubt they will have much competition since the Cowboys are just as inconsistent and are a few games back.

Colin Kaepernick.......SF QB controversy after Alex misses next week's game. ;) Dude played very good in the 2nd half (he must have gotten the old Harbaugh confidence boosting talk at halftime).

The Rams just plain beat themselves. Just dumb penalties.

I hope Alex is ready to go next week, he'll have an extra day to get ready for the monday nighter. I don't really think there is a QB controversy in SF, Smith has been playing out of his mind except for a couple bad games this year. he was 7/8 before he left with the concussion. If Smith hadnt got hurt I think we win yesterdays game handily.... Kaep missed a few open TD's that Smith has been hitting all year.

Kaepernick is good, probably better than few starters on other teams, but no way is he getting the start if Smith is healthy.

I'm thinking it's Tebow Time in NY. What do they have to lose? They aren't going to win the division nor get the wildcard, and their mediocre upcoming schedule might be something that Tebow can pull enough W's out of to salvage the season a little for them. Either way, either Rex Ryan or Marc Sanchez will be looking for a new job next season, if not both of them.

i would love to see tebow play vs the rams, not that it matters cause rams will win by +10 regardless, it's got nothing to do with the rams it all has to do with jets being awful

and i miss when rams played in the same division as atlanta and new orleans

Just when the Steelers get things rolling, Ben gets hurt again. Trap games just suck. Now perhaps the most important few weeks of the season is coming up with no Troy and no Ben (for who knows how long), and a banged up Ryan Clark. If the Ravens do not win the division this year and make it to the Super Bowl, they are underachieverus maximus. They have their fair share of injuries but that offense is the best they've ever had. Now the question is: who will suck less, Leftwich or Batch? :|

If the Ravens do not win the division this year and make it to the Super Bowl, they are underachieverus maximus. They have their fair share of injuries but that offense is the best they've ever had.

If the Ravens were allowed to play every game until February at M&T i'd agree, but with the state the Defense is in now, Cam Cameron's decision making at critical moments and more importantly Flacco's inconsistency on the road, then making the Superbowl would be a huge achievement.

Time and again over the years the D has won games when Cameron and Flacco blow their loads but that security blanket is long gone. The Texans showed exactly how vulnerable we are. The Broncos are getting stronger and stronger every week. No doubt the Patriots will have their say. If they manage to fuck up the division then yes "they are underachieverus maximus" as you put it, but realistically there's nothing guaranteed after that. Ravens Defense has 7 tough games left on their schedule. The loss to the Eagles still grates me.

Saints beat the Falcons.....
Chiefs beat the Saints.....
Steelers beat the Cheifs....

Hmm.....

:)

alasdair

^ if that's the crappy logic you choose, you can find a way to make any team better than any team...

what a stretch...

:)

alasdair

Hahah I was just pointing out that every team in the NFL has the chance to win every single week. No team is perfect, there is always going to be bad games. Just because the steelers had a bad game against the Titans, does not mean they aren't a good team. The Titans have a lot of star players on their roster.

a can get behind the idea that the steelers are 'a good team'. the claim that they are the #1 team in football is the kind of laughable nonsense that axl used to try on in here :)

alasdair

Hahah I was just pointing out that every team in the NFL has the chance to win every single week. No team is perfect, there is always going to be bad games. Just because the steelers had a bad game against the Titans, does not mean they aren't a good team. The Titans have a lot of star players on their roster.
You have an amazing football mind.

The Steelers are at best the 10th-12th ranked team in teh NFL. Without Ben they're borderline bottom half of the league. I have lots of respect for their organization, but this is not a strong year for them with all the injuries they're suffering.

We'll find out if they are going to be relevant this season after next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.