• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow Shimmer.Fade you have to be the only Miami Hurricanes fan that actually wants Jacory Harris back for another year!

jacoryharrisracialpost.jpg

Oregon will get raped by LSU. Oregon is fast but undersized. Every time I look at their DT's I find it amazing that they play at such a high level. They can get away with it against a lot of teams, but LSU is enormous. Tommy Moffit (strength and conditioning coach, brought Miami to returned glory in the early 2000's then bolted to LSU) is the reason Les "the dumbest coach to ever have these kinds of seasons" Miles still has his job (well, that and paying the highest price on the market for talent ;) ), and he has those boys big enough to beat the shit out of any team that wants to go undersized and fast, because they are fast as a motherfucker too.

i'm fine with killing Oregon again, if that's what ends up happening. we put up 40 points on them in Dallas, i see no reason not to do it again.

as for stanford... it doesn't matter if you have an 'elite pro style quarterback' if your defense is stiflin'.

have any of you cable enabled peeps seen the new espn film?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwcf7VmEJ8

yes its about the SEC and yes it's about auburn/alabama, but it looks like a good one. espn seems to be so hit or miss when it comes to their movies. the one about SMU? hit. the one about the raiders? total miss :|

The argument that Les Miles is stupid or a bad coach, etc, should be over by now. LSU is consistently competing for the conference every year and a national championship here and there. You've got to have some sort of smarts/mental capacity to bring the best players in the region, and possibly best in the land, to your program. Not to mention the coaching staff Miles brought in. Accusing LSU of pay-for-play is wishful thinking at best.

Here's to the real USC beating Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and Clemson two years in a row.

the big twelve praise seems like wishful thinking... regarding the NC, anyway. I ws quite impressed with OSU when they beat my dawgs the year they were a preseason number 1 (just goes to show you how much stock you can put in rankings)

the big twelve praise seems like wishful thinking... regarding the NC, anyway. I ws quite impressed with OSU when they beat my dawgs the year they were a preseason number 1 (just goes to show you how much stock you can put in rankings)

I saw that game at the stadium..was pretty awesome =). I don't think it is wishful thinking at all .. future members TCU and WVU are ranked #19 and #23 respectively (in the coaches poll). This season the Big 12 is ranked a very close 2nd to the SEC. If OU beats a solid #2 OSU so late in the season I think they leap frog both Oregon and Bama. Not to mention we play a ranked Baylor next weekend. Anyways, will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

^Oooooh, a ranked BAYLOR... Maybe they'll stop OU with their amazing defense. 8( :p

The argument that Les Miles is stupid or a bad coach, etc, should be over by now. LSU is consistently competing for the conference every year and a national championship here and there. You've got to have some sort of smarts/mental capacity to bring the best players in the region, and possibly best in the land, to your program. Not to mention the coaching staff Miles brought in. Accusing LSU of pay-for-play is wishful thinking at best.

Here's to the real USC beating Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and Clemson two years in a row.

Miles has an outstanding collection of assistant coaches around him.

And yes, I am absolutely positive that LSU is the #1 pay-for-play school in the country. They don't even try to hide the little school sponsored booster network that they have around them.

The Patrick Peterson case that I was so vehement about (due to knowing about it from sources you guys would find credible, but for that very reason I cannot even name such a source on the Internet. Motherfuckers wouldn't even believe if I named him, which would be immoral) for three years broke on ESPN for about three days and subsequently disappeared. While the amount of money was not as large (although the family got more perks) as Cam Newton, it was the egregiousness of the offense that really called attention to it. LSU has basically staked a claim (probably with much of the SEC good ole boys) that it can do whatever the fuck it wants right in the face of the NCAA and there will be no repercussions, all of this in a day and age where the NCAA is going super-moralist on schools like Miami, OSU, and USC, whose problems were out of their own control (rouge boosters, street agents, and local businesses offering kids who are celebrities to profit off of said celebrity status should not be held against schools unless it is apparent they are making no move to stop it. Even keeping an E-Mail under the surface in the interest of handling something internally should not be a serious offense, especially in the early 2000's, where the NCAA turned a blind eye to everything before suddenly crashing down on everybody for the shit they let slide a year ago).

Anyways, LSU is as dirty as dirty gets, and I say this as a fucking Miami fan. To our defense, we were never a pay-for-play school, but because of the nature of this city we always have people who want to be close to the program and will violate NCAA rules that will damage their school without the consent of said school, in order to get closer to the UM family. We had Uncle Luke doing it in the 90's (although he was doing it simply because it was a choice between giving the local players money, or watching them sell crack, so some respect is due to him), although because he was not a booster we were not penalized for any of his actions (we were on major probation for the Pell-Grant scandal, everything else that was "bad" about Miami was propped up by the media, and many erroneously believe that our probation came from our bad-boy status, while it was really an administrative corruption issue).

Any major college, especially those in or near major cities, will have the same problems. Every tattoo parlor and car dealership in Columbus will give the star QB what he wants for some priceless memorabilia. Same deal in Miami and LA, but in these places we have star-fuckers and street agents galore, who are only invested in a school to make themselves feel more important, or to suck money out of young impressionable kids with d-bag fathers.

LSU's actions are purposefully malicious, while the NCAA seems to give them a free pass (double secret "what the fuck is the penalty again?" probation), even though it is apparent that the orders to pay kids tens of thousands to play there is undeniable to anybody who knows anybody involved in the college football world.

wow 3,4 you have to be the only Miami Hurricanes fan that actually wants Jacory Harris back for another year!

The dude has had a fuck of a turnaround this season. Look up his stats.

I believe 20 TD's to 6 INT's this season, with a lot of great drives and smart plays. Our previous Offensive Coordinator never taught him how to check down apparently. We learned this from the new offensive coordinator during Spring Training. They were amazed that a kid who was his own offensive coordinator (called every offensive snap while playing at Miami Northwestern, something no kid in that school has ever done before or after) in high school was capable of these mistakes. It turned out old grouchy coach Whipple only believed in throwing the ball deep, and taught Harris (an intelligent but weak armed QB) to throw deep on almost every play.

If this kid had time to grow and mature in a real system such as the one Jedd Fisch has imposed, he would be a national hero instead of a national joke. His stats are truly incredible this year considering how bad his junior season was, but they eye is not on Miami right now (we do suck) and therefore the majority of college football nations still remembers him as Japicky. A lot of talent was wasted under the Shannon and Coker regimes.

It is about str of schedule...it is just as impressive as beating a ranked Ms st, or Auburn 8o:\. Not very, but since they are ranked it boosts our str of schedule. Kinda like that whole SEC argument about depth of the conference right? Combined with a decent win over #2 OSU, OU should get a boost over both Oregon and Bama. Hopefully then you will be sitting here only able to post your angry thwarted homer smilies :X:!

Btw LSU seemed really challenged by that AMAZING tide offense.

Bill Murray was at the Clemson/Wake Forest game? tailgating, as a Clemson fan??

Bill_.jpg

Bill Murray was at the Clemson/Wake Forest game? tailgating, as a Clemson fan??

Eh Murray is getting a pass here. It seems that he has Clemson-fan neighbors and more or less went to the game with one of them. What About Bob? only gets you one pass though, Bill Murray, if that is your real name.

3,4 I have a hard time believing that there is some NCAA conspiracy to look the other way instead of give LSU the hammer. Maybe you know stuff I don't, but all I have seen is (seemingly) isolated violations, in which LSU punishes itself when the player or coach is caught, then the NCAA doesn't really do much on top of that because the punishment matches the violation. Then again I don't follow LSU closely. Maybe you could elaborate, but it looks like you have to protect your source there.

All in all I think the NCAA could give two shits about the "good ole boys" in the SEC, at least not anymore. If what you say about LSU is true, though, it would really piss me off. It'd really piss Spurrier off too..
In his brief handwritten letter to DuBose dated Feb.14, 2000, Spurrier accused Alabama of violating NCAA rules by helping offensive lineman Justin Smiley and linebacker Travis Carroll obtain cars.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/120801/col_8038889.html
''You need to tell [Smiley] that you're full of [O-line] scholarships or I'm going to turn you and your coaches in,'' Spurrier wrote. ''You are not going to buy players from me without an investigation of some kind.''

Coach don't play that shit.

Last edited:
let's go okla state(i hope they play oregon in the final)
fuck you SEC

cause mike gundy is a fucking man!!!!!!
(is it a coincidence that he got some great players to commit to his school after that presser? probably not, i'd love to play for him)

and when's the last time they ever won a national championship, or played for one, if ever

most schools in the SEC don't have to cheat to get good players. it's usually the middle of the pack/lower rungs that cheat because they want to get to where the SEC is. what would be in it for LSU to cheat? we don't have to. Auburn had to cheat because Gene (5-19) Chizik had to, had to, otherwise...well actually. he just had to cheat so that he could beat Alabama. doesn't matter if you lose every other game, just beat Bama lol.

3,4 I have a hard time believing that there is some NCAA conspiracy to look the other way instead of give LSU the hammer. Maybe you know stuff I don't, but all I have seen is (seemingly) isolated violations, in which LSU punishes itself when the player or coach is caught, then the NCAA doesn't really do much on top of that because the punishment matches the violation. Then again I don't follow LSU closely. Maybe you could elaborate, but it looks like you have to protect your source there.

All in all I think the NCAA could give two shits about the "good ole boys" in the SEC, at least not anymore. If what you say about LSU is true, though, it would really piss me off. It'd really piss Spurrier off too..
In his brief handwritten letter to DuBose dated Feb.14, 2000, Spurrier accused Alabama of violating NCAA rules by helping offensive lineman Justin Smiley and linebacker Travis Carroll obtain cars.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/120801/col_8038889.html

Coach don't play that shit.

I obviously have to protect my source, and I took a lot of shit on here by saying I had a source (it wasn't as if I were coming in with some new cheating scandal against my least favorite schools every day, and I really wouldn't give a flying fuck about LSU if I had not heard from a reliable individual that they are the most notorious cheaters in CFB, at least up to 2009). I have not seen that source for some time, and he is unlikely to just reveal information if I do see him. He is a family friend more than a source, so it would be somewhat inappropriate to always ask him what is going on in the dirty world of CFB recruiting instead of just talking to him like a regular person who wasn't publicly associated with UM. He was close to Shannon and absolutely pissed at the way the Peterson scandal had gone, and he let his mouth run a little bit too much (you never want to get too overzealous with the moralist card, every school has a ticking timebomb like Nevin Shapiro ready to blow you away should you become too self-righteous to keep your mouth shut. College Football is so fucking dirty I would not be surprised if teams hold information about various violations other schools have unknowingly committed in an effort to create a system of Mutually Assured Destruction should one school begin narcing on all the others).

I promise you if I named the source you would have to believe me, but even in an obscure place like Bluelight, or even through PM's, and even with some friends I know in person I am careful not to say who the source is (because then they might have posted it on the internet, and I come out looking like a douche for injuring a man's career by trusting a friend not to leak a source). I really was not supposed to be privy to that information, although it was leaked all over the internet since the Peterson family pretty much admitted it to their entire neighborhood. I was utterly surprised to find out how accurate some homer board rumors were during the time I was privy to the small things (LSU and Peterson was huge, but I would hear about how Robert Marve was wasting his talent by getting drunk every night of the week including nights before games, and soon enough these rumors were on the internet and not by any doing of my own. Trying to be an "insider" on a homer board is a recipe for disaster). Of course, I also remember about 75% of the leaked rumors on the internet being bullshit, but 25% accuracy is not bad for an internet board full of people willing to lie about anything in order to gain insider status on a message board.

Anyways, I haven't heard of any great new cheating scandals since I have been out of the loop since about 2009 I believe, and while I always knew I would never post information about a team or player on a homer board, I had no problem sharing this info with my fellow Bluelighters, and I took so much shit over here that even if I do hear about the next great 5 star kid poached from Miami by some outsiders with money to blow on college prospects, I would not post it here or anywhere else. I imagine it is hard to believe that anybody knows anybody in this world, as I might have been a skeptic as well.

As to the SEC immunity, I truly have no idea why they seem so immune. I do not believe it to be the case that every SEC school cheats, as Urban Meyer's Gators seemed to be clean despite Meyer's somewhat immoral yet legal recruiting tactics (it is only acceptable to lie to 17 year old kids that they will start right away so many times), and the only schools that I know of are Auburn and LSU. I would put money on Bama paying out the ass too, as it is like a fucking hundred year old tradition to pay recruits to go to Bama, but I have no concrete information about them cheating. They are Bama, everybody just assumes they do, and they are probably right.

I'm not going to sit here and opine about losing to Purdue - losing to Purdue at their "stadium" (if one call a track a stadium) twice in the last four years is a purgatory worst than Hell
]
but you know I am always here :) at least by history you know that I will always be watching

plus, the Buckeyes have Penn State at home then Michigan. these are two teams that call us their top rival. beating Penn State aka Diddler U is going to be gratifying. I only wish that the Horseshoe allowed for cardboard signs to be shown

college humor works very with with dirty pedophile jokes

tOSU may not be representing the Big Ten like always (for once I guess we get to experience a down year). but the fact that we go up against two teams like those, with such a high amount of fuckery, makes a seemingly poignant season interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.