• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
florida magically has no boosters who want to bring talented kids to their program? OK 3,4, ok.

sorry to change the subject but I am watching this Iowa state Oklahoma state game. Its 24-17 with 12 min left in the 4th quarter. And I gotta say that Ok State doesnt look like the number 2 team in the country. They dont look exceptional on defence haveing a hard time stopping the run. On Offence they have a good QB but he seems to be bothered by pass rushers and really struggles when he cant set his feet They have Justin blackmon an exceptional WR and 2 other good but not great WRs. I really think Oregon, Alabama, LSU,Oklahoma are a step above these guys. I think OK state is on par with teams like Stanford,Arkansas,Clemson. If they survive this one I believe Oklahoma will beat them.

chokelahoma state

now for UGA to beat LSU so clemson can play houston in the NC ;)

lol @ Big 12 teams choking... never gets old

am I crazy for thinking that Arkansas can beat LSU? I've been going back and forth on that thought all week

lol @ Big 12 teams choking... never gets old

am I crazy for thinking that Arkansas can beat LSU? I've been going back and forth on that thought all week

They can definitely beat LSU with that offense. The key for Arky will be the refs because Arky plays thug-style, and Petrino encourages it.

axl what you think about the Urban Meyer to tOSU rumors? Hell he had a damn good offense before Tebow, so if he can get that going again and find a big ass QB who can run very well and pass when it is needed, he can get y'all back in the MNC. Or maybe that is the booze talking?

They can definitely beat LSU with that offense. The key for Arky will be the refs because Arky plays thug-style, and Petrino encourages it.

axl what you think about the Urban Meyer to tOSU rumors? Hell he had a damn good offense before Tebow, so if he can get that going again and find a big ass QB who can run very well and pass when it is needed, he can get y'all back in the MNC. Or maybe that is the booze talking?

He can definitely get them into the NC if he is back to being his old self. He burnt out working at Florida, and OSU has just at much, if not more, pressure to win championships. I somehow doubt he takes the job, but if he does, OSU will be back in no time, provided he isn't doing it simply for a 7 mil a year payday. Meyer has been known to run a few cons from time to time.

At his best he is one of the greatest offensive geniuses in CFB, but any offensive genius will be met with defensive genius, as his type of offense has already been mastered by Saban's guys at Bama and improved upon by guys like Mahlzan. While coaches like Saban can lay back and enjoy watching teams try to best their systems, guys like Meyer have to constantly re-engineer new ways to surprise defensive geniuses every year, or risk falling one step behind the game.

He can definitely get them into the NC if he is back to being his old self. He burnt out working at Florida, and OSU has just at much, if not more, pressure to win championships. I somehow doubt he takes the job, but if he does, OSU will be back in no time, provided he isn't doing it simply for a 7 mil a year payday. Meyer has been known to run a few cons from time to time.

At his best he is one of the greatest offensive geniuses in CFB, but any offensive genius will be met with defensive genius, as his type of offense has already been mastered by Saban's guys at Bama and improved upon by guys like Mahlzan. While coaches like Saban can lay back and enjoy watching teams try to best their systems, guys like Meyer have to constantly re-engineer new ways to surprise defensive geniuses every year, or risk falling one step behind the game.

This is oh so true. If you would've told me 7 years ago that USCe would be a run-first team under Spurrier, I would have sprayed my beer all over you. Spurrier's new MO is to find a good running QB who can throw the ball, find a few damn good tailbacks, and stack up with good WRs to help the running QB. Now all he needs is a stacked O-line to make the cipher complete. I'd like to say it is a mix of old-school pound the rock footbaw mixed with new-school running QB play. It really is tough to stop a QB who can run and pass (Tebow, Cam), so I think that is where Spurrier is going with that. So far the offense has struggled after losing its 5th year QB (who was supposed to break school records this year) and its Heisman-candidate RB. I'll take an 8-2, soon to be 9-2 Gamecocks team who should be "favored to upset" Clemson and their sham of what they call BCS hopes.

You want to talk about a team that cheats, Clemson is one of them. Numerous times they had commits to Florida, UGA, and other big-time schools, who had been committed to that school the entire way, who signed with Clemson at the last moment. Come to find out that Clemson gave their mommy or their daddy jobs in Pickens County as part of the deal to sign with them. They have started doing crap like this even more after losing to USCe two years in a row.

This is oh so true. If you would've told me 7 years ago that USCe would be a run-first team under Spurrier, I would have sprayed my beer all over you. Spurrier's new MO is to find a good running QB who can throw the ball, find a few damn good tailbacks, and stack up with good WRs to help the running QB. Now all he needs is a stacked O-line to make the cipher complete. I'd like to say it is a mix of old-school pound the rock footbaw mixed with new-school running QB play. It really is tough to stop a QB who can run and pass (Tebow, Cam), so I think that is where Spurrier is going with that. So far the offense has struggled after losing its 5th year QB (who was supposed to break school records this year) and its Heisman-candidate RB. I'll take an 8-2, soon to be 9-2 Gamecocks team who should be "favored to upset" Clemson and their sham of what they call BCS hopes.

You want to talk about a team that cheats, Clemson is one of them. Numerous times they had commits to Florida, UGA, and other big-time schools, who had been committed to that school the entire way, who signed with Clemson at the last moment. Come to find out that Clemson gave their mommy or their daddy jobs in Pickens County as part of the deal to sign with them. They have started doing crap like this even more after losing to USCe two years in a row.

Yeah, I've heard rumors about Clemson too, but being the guy who has had to defend himself from bringing actual knowledge of a school cheating to the table over on Bluelight, I'm not going to start rumors I can't back up and then get attacked.

It's always been a wonder to me how Clemson steals so many good players with nothing to offer as well. At least LSU wins, Clemson is a punching bag 9 out of every ten years, with an occasional season where the championship appears oh-so-close before they choke.

As to Pander's Florida question, every school has boosters who are eager to reign kids in. It takes a coach who is in cahoots with them to organize them, however, to get the right targets (not the guys Rivals says they are going after, that can go horribly wrong) and get them all to throw the cash in one pile. Otherwise, you have guys throwing small amounts of cash all over the place to guys they don't even want, and in amounts so small they aren't even guaranteed to earn a kids commitment. If it isn't organized, a kid will take a couple thousand dollars, wipe their ass with it, and sign with whoever the fuck they want. Florida, Miami, and Florida State are not in the business of organizing booster networks for the purpose of recruiting. This does not mean that rogue boosters and overzealous fans of the school do not pay kids money behind a school's back. Rogue boosters and street agents exist everywhere. As soon as you cut one down, two more pop up.

the problem is that you dont substantiate ANY of the accustaions, and move the goalposts for what is "real" cheating and what isn't— and its not just for LSU. You're pretty damn tiresome, and its clear that the only thing that is going to shut you up is a good season for your team— what all this jealousy and animosity stems from, clearly— and the real shame there is that I've got to sit here and listen to it for a good three or 4 more years while miami is in the toilet.

the problem is that you dont substantiate ANY of the accustaions, and move the goalposts for what is "real" cheating and what isn't— and its not just for LSU. You're pretty damn tiresome, and its clear that the only thing that is going to shut you up is a good season for your team— what all this jealousy and animosity stems from, clearly— and the real shame there is that I've got to sit here and listen to it for a good three or 4 more years while miami is in the toilet.

Would it help if I gave you my word that I would complain tirelessly about LSU and their cheating ways even if Miami won the NC next year?

Because of you, after Miami wins its first NC in forever, I will dedicate my first celebration post to LSU and how they are a bunch of cheating assholes who operate with the impunity of the NCAA.

Happy?

^ it was a pretty close game, fuck off ;) god damn, I hate losing to Penn State, second most to Michigan (though it's been awhile). I hate losing to Penn State. they have some nerdy ass QB named McGloin of all names, while we have the real talent (albeit just way too young at this point). getting drunk around campus, I was surprised to see tOSU fans being pretty respectful to Diddler U. Buckeyes are not known for their tact, of all things

re: Urban Meyer

I don't know... I think he is coming to Ohio State. and no doubt in my mind, with his coaching and the general allure of the Buckeyes, this team will be back in a year or so (I do think I am a very lucky fan for the possibility of only having 1-maybe-2 down years in a decade)

Urban Meyer is from Ohio, and his first coaching job was a grad assistant at Ohio State. he has long said that coaching the Buckeyes would be his "dream job." he would be a great coach here, and millions of miles separate from Tressel-ball, which I wouldn't mind at this point

however, we all know (tOSU fans and SEC fans alike) how slippery of a fellow Urban Meyer can be. I've been hearing conflicting reports about Meyer ever since he left Florida (Meyer says not interested, Meyer apparently interviews for Penn State job, Meyer apparently taking tOSU job, Meyer says he's happy with ESPiN, etc etc)

I will agree with spaceyourbass in his questioning if Meyer is ready to take a job such as the Buckeyes job. homerism aside, I do believe that coaching tOSU must be one of the most strenuous and imperious NCAA jobs. hell, I remember Buckeyes fans calling for Tressel's head a mere four years or so after his National Championship (and calling to replace it with Pete Carroll's gay-bar-frequenting self nonetheless! at least Tressel lost to teams he should of lost to [LSU, USCw that one year]; Pete Carroll would just get blindsided annually by a team like Washington). fuck the Apple Cup, no one cares about that game!

Meyer said all he wants to do is watch his kiddies play sports. NO TIME for that when you're coaching the Buckeyes, while with one loss you have boosters-clutching-millions, drunken debauched college students, and frenzied hicks with pitchforks calling for your head after your first loss or two as a H/C

honestly, at this point of the season, worrying about Urban Meyer is the least of my troubles.... this is Michigan week coming up, after all. and for once, they look like the better team than mine

one last zinger: Soooooo, when older women pray on younger guys, they are called Cougars. Does that mean when old men pray on younger guys, they are call Nittany Lions?

^lol

In other news, the NCAA has decided that the Ped State issue does fall under its jurisdiction. Miami and Ohio State fans should be rejoicing (very selfishly), because if the NCAA was prepared the throw the book at either of us, the entire book has fucking changed with institutionalized pedophilia on the table. What, are you going to give Miami the Death Penalty, Ohio State a two year bowl ban, and Penn State roughly the same as Miami? lol, no fucking way. SMU only wishes this had happened in the early 80's.

Ped State is finished. I never wish the Death Penalty on a program, but seriously, if my school protected a man who liked to rape kids I would understand. I would be forced to abandon CFB if my Canes were doing that. Seriously.

On a lighter note, my Canes beat USF today 6-3 and are now bowl eligible. And I'm happy. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.