• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2010-11 college football thread! ver. Auburn VS Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I know the feeling. I can look out on my porch and basically see the Horseshoe.

TLB, you really think Jim Tressel gives a damn about TP winning the Heisman? I know he's been rather out of character this year, and throwing caution to the wind. but Tress caring about that sorta stuff is very very uncharacteristic

That's crazy talk. Dawgs continue their slide downward into ND territory with a close loss on the road.

Colorado's terrible. I know Georgia's not doing so well, but man...that would be a real bad loss. This is the same Colorado team that lost to Cal 52-7.

But just because they're joining the Pac...go Buffs! :D

the only way CO is going to win this game is if Kordel Stewart decides to suit up again and lob hail marys ;)

I'm half-expecting Richt to put Mike Bobo in charge of the O2 canisters for altitude sickness, and him fucking up the order and giving Aj Green nitrous oxide.

Yea Georgia should easily beat Colorado but if Colorado pulls the upset Mark Richt is losing his job. Besides watching Bama Florida I cant wait to see Oregon stanford talk about an offensive explosion I think both teams will score in the 40s. Im nervose for Bama this week Urban Meyer is a hell of an offensive mind and our secondary got exposed by Arkansas. I think Bama will win but its not a sure thing by any stretch.

TLB, you really think Jim Tressel gives a damn about TP winning the Heisman? I know he's been rather out of character this year, and throwing caution to the wind. but Tress caring about that sorta stuff is very very uncharacteristic

Would he have his QB kicking field goals? No, I don't think so - exposes him to a danger he knows better about. However, he also knows keeping TP in the Heisman talk keeps tOSU in the discussion and on people's minds. He doesn't run up scores to get headlines, he doesn't pimp his players out like I suggested (See Meyer-Percy Harvin), but he is not going to be bothered at all by anything that generates more buzz about his program.

So, to answer you question, no I don't think he'd actively do any such thing, but I do believe he would passively accept and any additional headlines he can get - especially when it isn't for negative things (See Georgia Bulldogs, Florida Gators, etc).

LOL.....

12:00 PM ET No. 16 Miami (FL) at Clemson (+3.5) - "MIA is back, baby" ... or so I keep hearing. MIA 20 - CLEM 14 (in an ugly game that impresses nobody but MIA homers ;) ).

Yeah, Miami football was a lot more fun to watch before they outlawed choreography.

this could be a good weekend of upsets.

in the realm of football I am a big fan of mindsets and swagger. for a good mindset on the professional football level, take a look at teams like the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers. at the college level, I think that teams like the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Oregon Ducks (at least offensively) have a good mindset on their shoulders.

Bama VS Florida - FLA has improved leaps and bounds from their season opening debacle against the "almighty" Miami Redhawks. Florida has swagger defensively, and Bama's got swag offensively. the Bama D is good but I feel like one can get some big plays out of them because they are a bit green at some positions. FLA is a team that is still trying to figure out who they are, and although I would love to see an upset I don't think it is going to happen. at the very least, it should be a close game.

Oregon VS Stanford - the first time these two teams have met being ranked in the Top 10 for a very very long time. Stanford needs to keep that opulent Oregon offense off the field, and I feel like they can with their disciplined rushing attack (thanks to the great Coach Harbough) and with a little sprinkling of Andrew Luck. I feel that Stanford can pull the upset here.

Miami VS Clemson - in the midst of other more sexy games, a lot of college football fans are not paying attention to this game. as much as I want Miami to win and to return to their level of greatness, I could very well see the Tigers pulling out the W. I don't have enough balls to call it right here and right now, but I think it is very possible.

Ohio State VS Illinois - Illinois has upset OSU in the past, thanks to the immense talent of players like Juice Williams and Rashard Mendenhall. that aforementioned upset happened AT the Horseshoe, so it is even more commendable because Coach Tressel doesn't usually allow for Big Ten teams to come in on the road and steal a W. despite the ghosts of Illinois/Ohio State's past, and despite the fact that Coach Zooker knows how to draw up a game plan against the Buckeyes, I think OSU will take the victory easy, but not as easy as the homers around here foresee.

Penn State VS Iowa - I don't think Iowa is good as the pundits or myself thought so in the beginning of the season. and the Nittany Lions are most definitely getting better game after game. I see this game being close, but I think that Iowa pulls out the win in a close game that features just how much PSU has gotten better since their Bama thumping.

finally, an all-around great Saturday of college football. the out of conference games can mostly be a snooze fest. anybody else care to comment on what could be a day of upsets?

Illinois is out-executing Ohio State thus far, getting some good pressure on TP. you can tell they had an extra week to figure out some schematics offensively and defensively. despite under-performing, OSU has a 4 point lead at half time. good teams usually win when they're down, etc.

hats off to the Illinois defense for playing possessed.

read an article on ESPN that 50 were arrested and a couple cars towed (lol) in the Dallas area last night due to excitement of the Red River Shootout. sounds like a good party. that really ain't shit on any gameday party in Columbus

weird, NC State is actually decent again this year

Yeah, they got that crazy good QB Russel Wilson.

Virginia Tech is awful this year. Usually they are a good barometer for how good Miami will do. If Miami loses to Virginia Tech, it is never excusable. If we win, we know that it is at least going to be an ok season. I hope they revert to their original top 15 form next year so that Miami can get some schedule strength.

Miami beat Clemson in a sloppy ass game. Jacory still has not turned the corner from his Sophomore season (if anything, he has regressed). It is too bad that there is nobody behind him good enough to replace him. The defense still looks dominant for the most part, forcing six turnovers. But Clemson is a good team that took Auburn into overtime, and we beat them by an even greater margin. I will gladly take the victory.

And I never thought that Ohio State would lose that game. Every good team has a scare with a bad team every year. Fortunately, OSU decided to play down against one of their worst opponents of the season.

Illinois always plays OSU tough. the worst thing about OSU and the Big Ten is that all teams get such a boner when they play Ohio State. for me, the biggest OSU games are always the big OOC game (Miami, USC, Texas, and in a couple years Oklahoma) and of course Michigan (hate em).

for every other Big Ten team playing Ohio State is there game of the year. and Coach Zooker knows OSU very well.

Wisco and Michigan State is a very entertaining game indeed. I can't wait for the Florida game. I am not doing anything all day today and tomorrow but sitting around watching football and eating wings and of course drugs and beer.

Virginia Tech is pretty awful this year, which is disappointing because for some reason I like their coach and am a fan because they play good defense

So tonight's probably the only night ever that axl, TLB and myself will all be cheering for the Gators. Then once they win, we can all go back to being bitter enemies :)

<3 bonding experience <3

jessepalmer.jpg

"hey guys did you see me on the Bachelor? I'm such a douche"

Anyone see the most bizarre finish in the LSU - Tenn game? LSU and Lester the clock molester got a miracle from Tenn by having too many men on the field...

As an LSU fan im completely and utterly embarassed by Les Miles. Tenn really deserved that one....Too bad the coaches for Tenn tried to out-buffoon Les Miles (still werent successful despite the loss)

Les Miles is a great recruiter....and he does some other things pretty well as a coach....But it cant be overlooked what a horrible game day coach he's been the latst few years...especially in crunch time. He has got to be the luckiest motherfucker in the world. In the 2007 year I believe it was talent that bailed him out....even then....it took a miracle loss by WVU to get LSU in the NC...

I don't think he truly deserved that NC, one of the most underwhelming NC teams of all time.

and this is coming from an OSU fan who also realizes how untalented that National Title team was. OSU really didn't even deserve to be there, they lost against Illinois two weeks before the season was over. the Buckeyes had a horrible, horrible, horrible QB in Todd Boeckman.

Les Miles can be retarded at times, but he gets the talent because they realize he is a gateway drug into the NFL

No they were talented....very talented....Just not coached well at all...Matt Flynn, the 2007 LSU QB, was a very good QB....He made Gary Crowton (Off coord) look like a genius...

There's no reason why LSU should've dropped games to Kentucky and Arkansas (they had Felix Jones and Darren McFadden, all-timer of a backfield, but Arky was still an inferior team) other than coaching...LSU beat much more talented teams that year....

Now look at the LSU offense when you dont have a 4.0 student running the offense...Horrendous!

If anyone ever doubts the amount of talent in Baton Rouge, consider......Do you know how hard it is to go 5-0 and be the laughing stock of college football? That is a level of hardcore that most teams just don't have the tenacity to achieve.

Last edited:
Damn... I'm not even going to crack a joke about Florida on this one. Bama is ridiculous. They look like an NFL team out there.

If anyone ever doubts the amount of talent in Baton Rouge, consider......Do you know how hard it is to go 5-0 and be the laughing stock of college football? That is a level of hardcore that most teams just don't have the tenacity to achieve.

I agree. I am amazed we're undefeated. By sheer fucking dumb luck, too.

Shoelaces is the only person I've heard the Heisman soothsayer (a black man I know named Pierce) mention. I agree with TLB, he's a freak. He's built for track but is apparently playing football decently (as well as Michigan will let him). He'll be around, in sports, somehow, for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.