• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

ok... here's what i'm going to do.

i'm going to shut up. because the only way anyone will come off their high horse is if lebron james and the cleveland cavs win the finals. so i'm not gonna continue to argue because i'm ALWAYS wrong apparently.

i bet you even if the cavs end up winning the next 4. get to the finals and sweep whoever's there. the haters will STILL say it's a fluke. so whatever. my arguing skills and basketball knowledge aren't enough to continue. eh, it is what it is.

don't give in to LL's man crush on Kobe and the insane luck the Magic have for all things three points, just yet, ryanlaughlin.

the Magic are good, and are playing better right now than I ever thought. Dwight Howard doesn't get enough pressure from Z and the Cavs backcourt in Mo Williams and Delonte West (who have usually been on fire) are not making any shots. LeBron James is by far the best player in the NBA this year (even LL has to defer to this statement) and he is playing like it by dropping 50 points like it ain't no thang.

this is why I didn't want to play Orlando. they aren't the best basketball team, but they get hot and they can smoke teams by all of a sudden igniting their three point attack.

Cleveland needs adversity. Los Angeles had none last year and that allowed them to get stomped in the Finals.

First you have to make it to the finals......

the Cavs under LBJ have already made it to the Finals, before.

Lebron James is the best stat machine in the NBA...it's just too bad he's only made one game-winning buzzer-beater in his NBA career and passed up yet another opportunity to do so last night. He sure loves passing in those critical moments in the playoffs... ;) Hopefully that changes...because if it doesn't...he doesn't deserve to be in the same category as Kobe imo.

i respect you guys, LL and lapdawg (miss ya buddy!) but i can't 100% agree on that. i'm sure if you looked it up, you would also find that kobe gets the opportunity for a game winning buzzer beater far more often too. he'll definitely hit them more often than lebron, but when you're blowin teams out left and right, you aren't gonna be hitting game winning buzzer beaters that often. ;)

and btw, LL you never did address my point that it's far from laughable to compare accomplishments. again i'm not saying LBJ is a better player because he's got years to go, but laughable? come on man, you know, yourself, that that's not true.

It's not that he's had more opportunities ryan...it's that he seizes the moment and makes it his own. That's what the truly great ones do. Lebron's done it once every blue moon...but in order to establish that assassin ability, you have to take every opportunity to make it happen. I just haven't seen Lebron do that enough...and last night was just another example of him willing to pass it off rather than be the one to make the most critical shot of the game.

Kobe is a proven winner.

LeBron, while absolutely scarily talented, is not.

I've got plenty more ammunition to defend Kobe as the UNQUESTIONABLY greatest non-center EVER not named Michael Jordan, but I'll save it until LeBron leads his team to a victory in a SINGLE GAME in the Finals.

Until then, he's a very rich man's Tracy McGrady.

Dwayne Wade has a better argument that he's in Kobe's class than LeBron does.

Winning titles matters more than stats.

A lot more.

you're completely batshit crazy bro.

i'm not discussing championships, i'm discussing individual talent. so i'll take your saying lebron is scarily talented as all the validation that i needed. thank you. finally.

:)

It's not that he's had more opportunities ryan...it's that he seizes the moment and makes it his own. That's what the truly great ones do. Lebron's done it once every blue moon...but in order to establish that assassin ability, you have to take every opportunity to make it happen. I just haven't seen Lebron do that enough...and last night was just another example of him willing to pass it off rather than be the one to make the most critical shot of the game.

oh i and i feel ya, but i meant it more tounge-in-cheek saying we blow teams out, so the game winners aren't necessary. :D

Those four words alone illustrate how little you know about what's important in sports.

i'm totally biting the bait dude, but you're so good at it. ;)

anyways, that narrow minded conclusion shows how little you care about details.

the ultimate goal is to have a team of great players who play great together... which gives you a championship. lebron is one of those great players, unfortunately he's had less than great to work with. while the team around him is beginning to get better, his supporting cast is still no LA lakers. kobe bryant is great and the team around him could be easily argued is better than the cavs. and again i never said that lebron was better than kobe, which would even mean that the fulcrum point on our team is less than that of yours.

there are discussions inside sports that actually don't involve talking about championships. there are other details in sports that LEAD to championships, but we were discussing those details not the championships themselves. now we're discussing semantics. what's the point?

this is why i should just drop it because arguing with you about it is like arguing with my wife (if i were married that is :)) because i'm never right, i'll never be right, and nothing i ever say is important because the baby didn't come out of MY vagina. god forbid i didn't rage my sports boner by talking about the zero trophies LBJ's brought us in his 5 full seasons, when kobe had 2 by that time and was on his way to a third. in three years, if the cavs won this and the next 2... you'd still chastise LBJ because it took him longer to do it.

i like you LL... you're a good dude, but i'm certainly not worried about not knowing whats important in sports. i've played them long enough and have been a contributing factor on good baseball teams and soccer teams and i was a good cross country runner also (varsity on the only undefeated team in our school's history) (i know... gaaaaay), so trust me, i KNOW how important winning a championship is.

I like and respect you, too, ryan.

And, for the record, if, hypothetically, LeBron helps his team win ONE championship, I'll start to consider that he's in Kobe's league.

But he's not.

Yet.

Peace (and a sincere "good luck" to your Cavs - I honestly hope they win, so that we, the fans, get to enjoy the best Finals possible) - and I'm not even a Lakers fan - I'm a broken-hearted Knicks fan who simply LOVES THIS GAME! <3

Peace On You, Ryan,

LL

awww... peace on me? naw man, we aren't done being friends if the argument dies. :D

now i wanna keep arguing damn it!

i think i've come to the conclusion that we're just TWO different types of sports fans. you've got those 3 championships and by that if nothing else gives you a better perspective of what it takes to get a championship.

i just think you seem more like a big picture kind of guy because you've got the championships and you've got a basis for arguement where i'm more of a micromanage kind of guy because i'm still trying to see what it takes for CLEVELAND to win a championship. both effective (fanwise), just that my way may take lots of time. plus... maybe if it never happens. you'll forget by then. :)

Congrats, Denver.

Excellent comeback.

Billups is one clutch motherfucker.

Looks like BOTH of these Conference Finals might go 7.

I love this game.

Until then, he's a very rich man's Tracy McGrady.

Dwayne Wade has a better argument that he's in Kobe's class than LeBron does.

oh man! that first one was below the belt. you don't really believe that do you?

and D-Wade had the help of the man who let Kobe Bryant ride on his back... need I even say his name?

you should be the World's Biggest Shaq-Fu Fan than Kobe.

oh and btw, i just added two and two... sorry bout your knicks brother, but then do you still consider the 3 championships "yours" so to speak? or no. either way... i think my previous point still stands, because you've been watching kobe for YEARS, eh?

Shaquille O'Neal, after his TENTH season, having played alongside All-American Chris Jackson at LSU, and with First Team All-Star Penny Hardaway:

"I've won at every level except college and pro."

Funny?

Yes.

Can win a title without MASSIVE help from Kobe/Wade?

Hasn't EVER done it.

I have always been a Chauncey Billups fan, with me being so close to the D. most Cavs fans despise Detroit, but I liked the way the Bad Boys played basketball. it reminded me of how we all played basketball, growing up as kids, at the park. it is just how the game is played, and that's how the game was played.

just think about how many hard fouls Jordan collected in his day. now think about how our modern superstars would do if confronted with such hard fouls. it would definitely change the landscape of scoring.

here I go, rambling about basketball again. I could sit here all day and wax poetic about this game.

LL: I kinda forgot but couldn't one say Wade and Bryant are several steps up the basketball skill-set totem poll?

don't give in to LL's man crush on Kobe and the insane luck the Magic have for all things three points, just yet, ryanlaughlin.

the Magic are good, and are playing better right now than I ever thought. Dwight Howard doesn't get enough pressure from Z and the Cavs backcourt in Mo Williams and Delonte West (who have usually been on fire) are not making any shots. LeBron James is by far the best player in the NBA this year (even LL has to defer to this statement) and he is playing like it by dropping 50 points like it ain't no thang.

this is why I didn't want to play Orlando. they aren't the best basketball team, but they get hot and they can smoke teams by all of a sudden igniting their three point attack.

Cleveland needs adversity. Los Angeles had none last year and that allowed them to get stomped in the Finals.

the Cavs under LBJ have already made it to the Finals, before.

yeah im aware of that lol, everyone saw them get spanked last year by boston i was referring to this year.....