• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the NBA playoffs

if the celtics blow and the bulls got beat by them in a 7 game series, wouldn't that mean the bulls blow too?

the Bulls were just a very young team.

if Derrick Rose works hard in the offseason, then they will be a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Playoffs next year.

the Celtics, however, are more mentally tough but they are getting older.

dude, i woulda been a bit pissed if someone ran into my kid and didn't apologize. but mostly, i'd be pretty sore over that FUCKING game.

fuck davis! goddamnit!

thank god for tonight.

i might actually be able to see orlando live in the play-offs this sunday. *crosses fingers* i wonder how much those tickets are going for.

Im actually thinking the lakers dont have what it takes to win the championship this year. its sad, but there are much better teams who deserve it for stellar play, unlike the lakers.

dude, i woulda been a bit pissed if someone ran into my kid and didn't apologize.

maybe the kids' dad should keep the kid off of the court.

btw, davis didn't run into the kid. he did give him a small backhand push though.

the cavs have been the only consistent team and have looked very impressive. i'm still not 100% convinced though...we'll get to see them face a challenge in the ECF against the celtics or magic.

the lakers have looked completely uninspired and lethargic. its been pretty painful to watch as a laker fan. but who knows...the celtics struggled early in the playoffs last year and look what happened...

Last edited:
the Cavs have had a truly dominant season, but come on people, it's not like they are unbeatable.

the best way to beat the Cavs is to have consistent dominant play at center (defensively speaking, and getting rebounds - can't let LBJ control that) and to have a good night concerning your shots. because of these two factors - I think that the Magic would pose a bigger threat to the NBA's beloved Cavaliers, this year, in the East.

the Lakers are really sputtering, but Houston is finding themselves offensively. instead of just feeding Yoa Ming the ball every play, and instead of Yoa and the person who is guarding him blocking the lane when a Houston Rocket is trying to penetrate - the Rockets are rotating the ball and playing good offense. Shane Battier can hit the shots, along with Scola and Artest.

also, Aaron Brooks is providing to be a good leader. and he also looks damn respectable rocking the bow-tie.

what a treat! we get to watch Boston/Orlando and LA/Houston in two Game 7 matchups.

this is one of the best NBA basketball postseasons because the guard seem to be switching from some major franchises. where are the Chancey Billups-less Pistons and the aging, injured San Antonio Spurs?

as much as the LA Lakers are proven winners, NBA playoffs is a game where momentum is the ultimate monkey. you have to give that to the Denver Nuggets and the Cleveland Cavaliers, so far and so balls deep in the post-season.

I will always love this game.

just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the officiating so far?
...i dont think i've ever seen this many blown calls/no calls in a single post-season before.

There is no unbeatable team this season.

The Lakers are the most talented, but have been playing like shit.

The Cavs have a bona fide superduperstar in LeBron, and they play very hard and very cohesively; with that said, from a talent standpoint, their 2nd through 12th best players are pretty pedestrian for a championship caliber team.

The Magic have a puncher's chance based on Dwight Howard being BY FAR the best big man remaining in the play-offs, along with having two clutch dead-on shooters.

The Celtics have a teeny weeny chance based on a combination of factors, most importantly, Paul Pierce having an incredibly high ceiling in big games.

The Nuggets also have a small chance to win the whole thing, largely due to Billups' clutchness.

In fact, this is, imo, the most wide-open play-offs in quite a while.

I, too, love this game. :)

I think that all of the many people in the "Cavs are gonna steamroll through the play-offs" camp are gonna be in for a rude awakening these next two weeks.

MAGIC IN 6.

- LL

I have been scared of Orlando all year, because all year they have proven they could beat the Cavs. it's like I don't know what I want, all playoff long I've been rooting against the Boston Celtics because I just wanted to see them lose, but now that they have lost, I just wish that they would have taken care of business against the Magic.

Dwight Howard is a playa, and he is going to give the Cavs a hard time with his inside presence. the Magic can absolutely smoke you when they are hitting their treys - but when they are not, they look pretty mediocre.

the key to stopping Dwight Howard is getting him to the free throw line, because he can't really shoot free throws that well.

I will take the Cavs in 6, just because the Orlando Magic are a good team, but one All Star away from being a great team.

Yeah and that all star is on the bench......Jameer Nelson LOL...but really though orlando in six.......i notice people jumping on the orlando wagon now that didnt give them a chance in boston for game 7..LOL.....I live in orlando and this town hasnt been as excited for our home team since back in 1995 :) MAGIC MANIA BABY!