• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The movie 'Limitless': Is it possible?

I've taken many psychedelics that make me feel like the smartest person in the universe for the duration of the trip, waaay smarter than anyone on NZT. Crazy ideas that just come together and fit profoundly well. I'm pretty certain that I'm never as intelligent as when I'm 100% sober though. I sometimes write down my "amazing ideas" while tripping, and then when sober struggle to understand WTF I was thinking. WTF was I thinking? This paragraph doesn't make any sense, grammatically or otherwise!

I highly doubt there will exist a drug that truly boosts intelligence like NZT in the movie. Assuming that no such drug currently exists (I'd bet a lot that this assumption is true), it would have to be engineered, and that would first require a thorough understanding of how the human brain functions, and neuroscientists are no where near that point. We have no idea what sentience or consciousness even are in biochemical terms.

My own synopsis of what many have already opined: The human brain is the the most complex system we know of in the universe. Any particular drug is, strictly speaking, a single molecule. For any one of them to enhance general mental faculties within such a system to anywhere near the degree implied by the wonder-inducing and ticket-selling conceits of "Limitless" would mean its properties are such that they map onto and coincidentally influence the directions of innumerable functionally relevant pathways within the brain, cumulatively leading to a destination of universal genius across the radically varied terrain of individual intellectual and neurobiological variation ... i.e. I doubt it.

I sometimes write down my "amazing ideas" while tripping, and then when sober struggle to understand WTF I was thinking. WTF was I thinking? This paragraph doesn't make any sense, grammatically or otherwise!
Man, I had this too. But you know, then during tripping I started to think "hey I remember it will be stupid when I sober up, so where is flaw in my thinking?" So the critical thinking began to apply on trip too and, with time, trip notes started to make more sense. And yes, when they do, they are brilliant as hell. So there is a seed of genius in those trippy ideas, you need to filter and polish them though.

Some ideas I understand only being stoned, like have a trip, write down a note, then look at it being sober, understand sh#t of it, then on another trip looking at the note again see its meaning - and here I can correct the note so that it's more understandable for "sober me".

For the record, I am an engineer and many of construction solutions came on trips and were applied in real working machines. Not yet groundbreaking, but I'm working on it.

The ideas of psychedelic experience is like various points in a greater web of knowledge and understanding. It may take several lifetimes to construct and decode and the ideas are entangled in such a way that they often resemble quantom entanglement. Sub-psychedelic experiences are subtler, but the ideas become clearer and more connected as it might be decoded much faster. The 2C-x series displays nootropic(problem solving and memory enhancement and connections between ideas, stimulation and energy, relaxation, depending on the 2C-x) properties. Psilocybin mushrooms grow brain cells at sub-psychedelic doses. There may not be a single NZT, but a wide variety of NZT-like coumpounds that fit sub-categories. The brain is complex indeed.

It may take several lifetimes to construct and decode and the ideas are entangled in such a way that they often resemble quantom entanglement.
Did you have feeling that all thoughts are not just constructed, but rather "retrieved" from some space of all-all possible thoughts from which they appear and disappear under layer of water, no - some level of threshold, anyway most importantly that this space isn't a product of human mind but it exists independently and eternally, and human brain is just a radar into this space, like computer can generate Mandelbrot fractal picture which is infinite and computer doesn't contain it inside itself, but only reflects?

Did you have feeling that all thoughts are not just constructed, but rather "retrieved" from some space of all-all possible thoughts from which they appear and disappear under layer of water, no - some level of threshold, anyway most importantly that this space isn't a product of human mind but it exists independently and eternally, and human brain is just a radar into this space, like computer can generate Mandelbrot fractal picture which is infinite and computer doesn't contain it inside itself, but only reflects?
Kind of, but not totally. It's like reality is the matrix and reality has glitches and hacks that people in power try to patch up. Governments patching up by making senseless wars and directly and indirectly flooding society with fear and gangs. We're all observers. Like if there was a third option instead of just a red pill and blue pill option. Like their hiding the option of the purple pill.
Mind = Blown!
29amx5.png

This video floating around sort of illustrates the glitches in the reality that could very well be just another matrix.

We're all trying to find or construct the purple pill option. However, until we do, things are unlikely to change toward intellectualism and peace and the right side up peace sign.
2hx0mzl.png

Last edited:
These are interesting new nootropics. Tangible and actually REAL! It could be the future.
There's PWZ-029.
There's IAP (IndanylAminoPropane)
snlbf4.png

There's Radequinil(possibly THE cure for Altzeimer's). I nick named this molecule godessquinil.
swwio5.png

There's this stimulant nootropic, Terbequinil. I would nick name it T-quinil.
2luawbm.png

The quinils are interesting and their names are so nick nameable.
What if a new 'quinil made you see things in slow motion?

Last edited:
Were they synthesized? Can they? Why you think they will do what you say?

Activating the brain a 100% would just simply cause an epileptic fit. Nothing brilliant about that xD. There's plenty information encoded in neurons NOT firing as opposed to them firing. It's like a digitial system, it's interplay between 0s and 1s that make it useful, a long string of 1111111111 wouldn't encode much either...

I guess nootropic cocktails or reasonable doses of LSD will come closest to a subjective experience of unlocking more of your potential, whether they actually do anything to improve mental capcity, I don't really know.

Were they synthesized? Can they? Why you think they will do what you say?

Yes, the 4 compounds above were synthesized. They show promising nootropic potential. IAP (IndanylAminoPropane) is interesting because it allows you to remain in a peaceful mindset easier and mildly to moderately elevates mood. IAP (IndanylAminoPropane) also has mild stimulant and enpathogenic properties. Terbequinil is a stimulant nootropic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PWZ-029
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-APDI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radequinil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terbequinil

The closest thing to NZT-49 (the safer version of NZT-48 ) out there is prolintane. Just be aware that sometimes you'll turn into a chatterbox. There's a few trip reports floating around on the internet.
The closest things to NZT-48 (the dangerous one) is probably a-PVP and 4-MAX(4-Methylaminorex). It sound like a very bad idea though.

As much as I loved the film (well worth a watch), I highly doubt "NZT" will be synthesised any time soon. Yes it makes me sad too. :(

PS: of course we use 100% of our brain, obviously not all at once but it's all definitely used. If the film was right that we only used 10% of our brain, we may as well cut the other 90% off right? :D

There are so many new molecules being made. There's Flodafinil(CRL-40,940), sunifiram, prolintane, Hydrafinil(fluorenol), Phenylpiracetam hydrazide, benzothiophenylcyclohexylpiperidine, and maybe 2-Amino-1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethan-1-one.
Trazium looks a lot like the NZT molecule.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trazium
I have a feeling tjat trazium mighr act like a cafferine and tametraline hybrid or something.

The way I approach this is that your intelligence and processing speed cannot be affected to any considerable degree by drugs.
You're still limited by the specific neural network within your brain and how efficiently your neurons are able to fire and send/receive signals; some people may have different degrees of myelination, idk.

The way I approach this is that your intelligence and processing speed cannot be affected to any considerable degree by drugs.
You're still limited by the specific neural network within your brain and how efficiently your neurons are able to fire and send/receive signals; some people may have different degrees of myelination, idk.

Valproic acid can probably help! It needs further studies though.

Well for sure nzt is a bit exagerrated to compare to a real drug but I find that dissociatives (diphenidine in particular)
tend to hack our brain into hyper mode. Time elation has a lot to do with it since it's like you could learn and plan or calculate a whole lot of shit in such a short time span. Like ages in hours.

Here it is! NZT is actually 9-Me-BC (9-methyl-betacarboline). It grows new dopamine neurons.
213j43c.png

There's also MPA (Methiopropamine). It's a stimulant.
16bdc1i.png

There's also Flmodafinil (Flodafinil; Flmodafinil; Fluoromodafinil; CRL-40,940). It's a wakefulness enhancer stronger than modafinil and way better than coffee.
29oga2v.png

And then there's more..

Last edited: