• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Main Psychedelic Myths Thread

There's kids around here that actually believe that LSD makes your brain bleed. And they say that's how it makes you trip. LMAO.

Dunno about bleed but LSD makes my thoughts breed and realise in unexpected ways.

Fortunately the difference between the "r" and the "l" in that word changes its meaning entirely! Language can be so amusing sometimes.

Indeed cunning things letters, all manner of trickery can be traced back to letters .

Anyone else think the English language is particularly beautiful and clever? The way we can build new words, the ironic and sometimes sarcastic sense of humor built right in, and the ability to engage in deft wordplay with dual meanings and altered sentence structure have always struck me as lovely.

^I agree with that I like language a lot (prose particularly) but unfortunately have little schooling in it as such all stuff i know I read.
Xork tha's quite eloquent when you put your mind to it aintcha?

Every reaction needs a catalyst.

On other topic, I wonder how sexually abused kids/ adults would react to said drugs. Or even if pedophilies would benefit from such a personality/ habit altering drug

My college degree was either going to be in English or Computer Science.

I chose computers. I think language is easier to learn through incessant reading and practice on your own. Plus it's easier to make a living as a programmer =D

On other topic, I wonder how sexually abused kids/ adults would react to said drugs

I had a link but cannot find it argh.

Yeah, Xorkoth, I've noticed you are good with grammar. I'm quite impressed. You'd definitely make a great writer.

The fact that lsd stays in you forevor is not a complete myth from what i've read. Though the fact that if you break your neck and live you will trip from the lsd stored in you is a myth.

SavingRober said:
I have eaten my fair share of lsd. But, i have recently decided that I will never take it again. Apparently in scientific studies, acid has been found to cause mutation in chromosomes as well as broad chromosomal damage. This has been attributed to malformed embryos. There is still a lot of controversy about the results of these studies, but as this is FUCKING WITH YOUR GENETIC MAKEUP, i'm a little frightened.

To be fair, in the conclusion of the article I read, the following was said:

"Two-thirds of the existing in vitro studies have reported some degree of increased chromosomal breakage following exposure to illicit or pure LSD. With one exception, these changes were observed with concentrations of LSD and durations of exposure that far exceeded the dosages commonly used in humans. In none of the studies was there a clear dosage-response relationship. Since similar findings have been reported with many commonly used substances, including artificial sweeteners, aspirin, caffeine, phenothiazine tranquilizers and antibiotics, there is no reason why LSD should be singled out and put in a special category."

I'm not saying i regret taking acid. It opened my mind in ways nothing else has. But this is information you might want to absorb before you try, or continue to take, LSD.

For more information on these studies,and the source of the previous exerpt, you can visit: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/grofchro.htm

are you being serious?
the statement - "Since similar findings have been reported with many commonly used substances, including artificial sweeteners, aspirin, caffeine, phenothiazine tranquilizers and antibiotics, there is no reason why LSD should be singled out and put in a special category" completly discredits anything yoursaying. thats like the news saying "scientist say that eating tomatoes MAY save you from a car crash some day"
i really hope your joking...considering you put this information on a lsd myth thread... if lsd opened your mind like nothing else...god im going to stop there this post just pissed me off