• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Main Psychedelic Myths Thread

i think that the popping your back thing probably stems from the "LSD is stored in your spine" myth... people probably think that your releasing extra acid or something

or maybe it "the gas in your joints that makes them pop" that transferes it somewhere

(yeah thats a non-lsd myth, your joints crack becasue your temporarily dislocating them, gas in your joints is a baaad thing... thats what the bends divers sometimes suffer is)

lthe 7 times insane myth on erowidl here you go

Gah i hate it when im somewhere and there is some know it all speaking complete BS about drugs.

With the recent rise of very very rare acid to be around in my area I have heard tons of people spreading rumors about it. These are some i have heard in the last week or so

- LSD burns away part of your liver for every hit you take (yes liver, not brain)
- Acid never leaves your system making it impossible to get a drug testing job down the road.
- Also since acid never leaves your system it is possible to begin tripping again at random points in your life.
- Lots of other previously mentioned ones

Seven hits and you're legally insane? I was legally insane the third time I tripped then, because I took more than four hits.

another good one is that if you do LSD, you are never the same

Probably true actualy...but i guess that could be said for any such powerful experiance

^ Damn, beaten to it! I'm not the same person I was before I ever encountered LSD, but I'd say that I'm different in a positive way (less fucked up from society's unspoken - usually stupid - conventions).

Other than that, LSD is just like any other drug in terms of pharmacology - you take it, it does what it's best at, you metabolize it then piss it out. It has a half life of about 4 hours, so after a couple of days there's no LSD or metabolite to be found in your body

I just love the fact that whenever you talk to people about LSD they seem to think your a crazy motherfucker for taking it, even those that take drugs. It's amusing there seems to be the whole thing about acid in particular, seems most people either believe the bullshit or are just scared of it. Oh well, more for us!

lol this thread is goin just as i wish... thanks to all people...especially "shvender hoot" and "fast and bulbous".... this is a goooooooooooood thread to show some friends the TRUTH from ppl who had experiences and know the truth...
Other than that, LSD is just like any other drug in terms of pharmacology - you take it, it does what it's best at, you metabolize it then piss it out. It has a half life of about 4 hours, so after a couple of days there's no LSD or metabolite to be found in your body
even this sentence will be enough to fuk them up....

i am bored to see or hear bad propaganda about lsd... i never used it in fact but its my greatest dream till 12 yrs old... and ppl keep fukin me up like they are wise and have a great knowledge without using the shit.. with just respecting the government bullshit....
"ok ok u go use lsd i wont come to visit u in sanitarium"
"my cousin gone schizo, u will go schizo if u use it too"
" i believe that even one time try will fuk ur brain and u wont be the same person... then i wont be talkin u anymore"

Last edited:
fastandbulbous said:
^ Damn, beaten to it! I'm not the same person I was before I ever encountered LSD, but I'd say that I'm different in a positive way (less fucked up from society's unspoken - usually stupid - conventions).

Do you realise this single post alone answers like 80% of Bluelights LSD related questions, lmao.

^^ yea i noticed.... =D thats why he is a mod man.. he has to talk logical...

nanobrain said:
...and i know the guy who knows that guy who turned into an orange and thought people would peel him.

I remember being told that at school by a nice Policeman when i was about 14. I've never trusted the filth since ;)

SmC said:
I read on erowid about myths about LSD once.One of them i remember was 'If you take LSD for the 7th time you're legally insane'.

That myth is stupid,mainly because what exactly is the definition of being 'legally insane'?And i wonder where the '7th time' crap came from....

I've heard that so many times back when I was 13/14, I actually believed it! My friends use to call me "skitso" because I dropped 8 times total :p

My friend use to tell me about this guy he use to know that made the stuff had a sheet of L on him and got pulled over by the cops, so he took the sheet and held it in his armpit (why? hell if I know) and he ended up tripping so hard he went insane. Not sure if its true or not but I'd guess it was just a tall tale 8)

^^same story different version... :
the guy was running away from the cops and put the plotters in his ass and coz of high dose they found him dead on street puking bubbles.... lmao
i heard it from a stupid friend

This isn't a myth about the affects of lsd in itself but it is a myth that involves lsd:
How about the big tattoo scare where older guys were supposedly going around schools giving little kids washable tattoos with lsd on them? That was all a myth but I was reading over some websites the other day and that myth came up (1). I remember being told that by fuckin middleschool health teachers in 7th/8th grade :p

pin said:
This isn't a myth about the affects of lsd in itself but it is a myth that involves lsd:
How about the big tattoo scare where older guys were supposedly going around schools giving little kids washable tattoos with lsd on them? That was all a myth but I was reading over some websites the other day and that myth came up (1). I remember being told that by fuckin middleschool health teachers in 7th/8th grade :p

Man I wish we got those kinds of old strange men coming around my school as a kid, we only got the normal molestor types :\

Quageschi said:
- Acid never leaves your system making it impossible to get a drug testing job down the road.

Ok the standard NIDA 5 doesnt even test for LSD, nor does the expanded test even test for it. 1 in about 15 drug tests will test for LSD, its a fuckin mischievous ass chemical son! and yes nigress i got dis from erowid son....o yea and i finally got me some DMT im gonna take a fat rip later 2night!!!!

LD-50 said:
^^same story different version... :
the guy was running away from the cops and put the plotters in his ass and coz of high dose they found him dead on street puking bubbles.... lmao
i heard it from a stupid friend
Lol, kinda reminds me of this movie called "SLC Punk" its a good movie I suggest you watch it.

Well anyways theres this part where this kid is dealing acid and the cops show up and he puts the sheets in his pockets and runs through some water sprinklers and ends up trippin balls

^^lol...possible ... ppl talk shit u know they use every material they can to abuse lsd...

hahah^slc punk... yeah then he tries to kill his mom. thats a good movie, oh yeah and kids at my school spread shit like this all the time. They all seem to think it is sooo bad for some reason. Many think its deadly. Ive also heard that cracking your back thing. Why do people enjoy spreading rumors about things they dont even know to be true? but the biggest cause of rumors about drugs comes from health class. its really annoying, there is so much of this going around my school. I get alot of bullshit daily.

Whoa dudes you can take acid SEVEN times before you go schizo. I've read the numbers and the schizophrenia rates are at 1.2 out of 1000 for the undosed public and 1.4 out of 1000 for the acid crowd. However, several factors to consider and that difference is less than marginal in terms of statistics according to the article I read this in. I had a friend apparently go crazy after a massive acid dose. Although I'm certain his imbalance is self-created and only reinforced by things he made himself see during the trip- i.e.- His interpretation of events (so as to not get too confusing). I do notice a couple things about acid though. Whether it's physiological or not my vision is different. Whether I simply notice things I've not noticed before I feel more detached and for longer after every dose I've had. My vision switches to the negaitve more quickly than it had before acid. Think being outside in the winter with snow on the ground and coming back inside to find that your brain corrected for the bright white and everything inside looks blue-ish green. That's happen to me a lot with bright colors. If I stare at patterns I see ghost images for long periods of time; it happens from everything from the tiles in the bathroom to screens on windows. I think it's important to know the true cause of these symptoms but I'm not bothered in the least by them. Acid definitely has definitely forced some positive changes and I've learned something from thinking about the experience as well.

Makes me think of Walter Benjamin's words:
"The most passionate examination of the hashish trance will not teach us half as much about thinking (which is eminently narcotic), as the profance illumination of thinking about the hashish trance."

I think that applies to everything.

Peace,
PL

Xr8ed said:
I just love the fact that whenever you talk to people about LSD they seem to think your a crazy motherfucker for taking it, even those that take drugs. It's amusing there seems to be the whole thing about acid in particular, seems most people either believe the bullshit or are just scared of it. Oh well, more for us!

couldnt agree more. Im suprised how people could have such closed minds. I hate that feeling of being a scumbag when i try to explain to people that the reality they have lived in forever can be manipulated in amazing ways with lsd, and they could really expand their mind.

then i got called a acid junkie

heh, an acid junky 8)