Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Main Psychedelic Myths Thread

LD-50

Bluelighter
Welcome to the Main Thread of Myths about Psychedelics

Here is a collection of myths, elucidations and the truths behind some, on the topic of
psychedelics although mainly LSD.

• Will LSD stay in your body (spine) forever?
    • NO - this is a myth: In fact, LSD leaves your body quite quickly. Not as quickly as was once thought, minute traces hang around for a number of hours but after that (within 24 hours or so) it is gone or undetectable, and only the psychological effects will have had an impact that may last as a memory, temporary tolerance to psychedelics and some other after effects that will wane. (erowid)
  • If you take LSD seven times, do you go legally insane?
    • NO - this is a myth: To begin with let us realize that LSD is a powerful mental catalyst, if it is used by people who are on the brink of psychosis or paranoid delusions then a trip has a big chance of pulling the over the line. One can never know for sure if there is no underlying mental condition but it can be analyzed to some extent by looking at family history and by evaluating your own state of mind, the stability of your personality and so on. A bad set & setting and much too high frequencies and doses of LSD may have very negative consequences if not dealt with appropriately but these are all external factors that are triggered by psychedelics. If nothing is ever directly caused by psychedelics is a point of semantics and hard if not impossible to answer like that. The story is always more complex than that. The state of LSD may mimick parts of a psychosis and sometimes mania, but it is up to the resilience of the mind of the tripper and the safety of the environment if this can be contained.
      With proper care it should be fine.
  • Q
    • A

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

[original post:]

ok ppl ... here in cyprus noone knows a shit about lsd so they just keep talkin ... so there are lots of myths going around... i just read a post today and want to see how many myths there are known about lsd... lol.... i will tell u the ones i know.. just repply the myths u heard dont create myths from ur ass lol....:p

-after sometime lsd melts ur brain(lower part of it i think) 8o
-lsd stays in ur body forever(ppl say it stays in ur spinal cord i think)
-i learned a new one from BL which is about its dangerous to fly on lsd
-very rarely an lsd trip can take forever... (u stuck in lsd trip forever from one hit)
-most people go schizo after 3rd hit =D
-lsd works best when u make a lil scratch on ur arm and put the blotter on the scratch(mixes with blood better)

these are the ones if i hear any other i will keep postin... waiting myths from u to laugh my ass off ... thanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
theres that one about the kid who took lsd and thought he was a glass of orange juice for a few months and was scarred someone would tip him over

ohh yea ofcors... i forgot to tell ya about the bad propaganda i saw few days ago .. i think was on discovery channel.... was about a guy who thought himself as a chicken and acting really weird... LMAO....

I read on erowid about myths about LSD once.One of them i remember was 'If you take LSD for the 7th time you're legally insane'.

That myth is stupid,mainly because what exactly is the definition of being 'legally insane'?And i wonder where the '7th time' crap came from....

all these things are in fact true, and i know the guy who knows that guy who turned into an orange and thought people would peel him. long story short, he got juiced. ;-)

- 1 kilogram of pure LSD dissolved in the ocean will make the entire world trip
- You usually only use 10% of your brain, but on LSD you're using 100% of your brain
- Using LSD when pregnant will cause your baby to trip for it's entire life
- Using LSD in space will result in a thought paradox and the universe will cease to exist
- Testing LSD on spiders resulted in spider webs looking exactly like Da Vinci's Mona Lisa
- Using LSD while receiving communion in church will banish you to hell until the end of time
- In Soviet Russia, LSD trips you
- LSD can cause you pupils to dilate until your eyes explode
- Putting LSD on a CD-R will make your computer trip
- LSD blotter paper can be faxed
- LSD makes you invincible for a minute
- Measuring the brain waves on someone who is on LSD produces music that sounds like "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane

Last edited:
^^lmfao... rofl...shit man u made me laugh a lot thx :D this post is directly going to my friends as email...

i have had people tell me that if you take more than three hits of LSD it will kill you. another one is my mom thinks im addicted to LSD. i laugh at that one all the time. another good one is that if you do LSD, you are never the same, and you will get flashbacks monthly. stupid fuckers.

While LSD doesn't 'melt' your brain, it's definitely possible to trip too much and be permanently affected, so that one isn't too far from the truth (even though it would require you to trip quite a bit). As far as the 7 hits make you legally insane, I think that one is true (or at least was at some point? I'm not sure if that law still exists/ever existed, but I wouldn't be surprised), and the keyword there is 'legally' - as in not necessarily insane but can be considered such in a court of law.

HipHopJunkie said:
theres that one about the kid who took lsd and thought he was a glass of orange juice for a few months and was scarred someone would tip him over

HAHAHA I remember the first time I heard this one. I was like 14 and at Woodward Camp in PA.

Nickolay said:
While LSD doesn't 'melt' your brain, it's definitely possible to trip too much and be permanently affected, so that one isn't too far from the truth (even though it would require you to trip quite a bit). As far as the 7 hits make you legally insane, I think that one is true (or at least was at some point? I'm not sure if that law still exists/ever existed, but I wouldn't be surprised), and the keyword there is 'legally' - as in not necessarily insane but can be considered such in a court of law.

Keep dreamin'

nah, the 7 hits legally insane bit is false. there is an article on it somewhere on erowid. i dont feel like finding it though.

shvender hoot said:
- In Soviet Russia, LSD trips you

HAHA

so, if you take lsd and plan to go camping, just be sure it's a camping tent you've won, not a tailgating/party tent. this isn't a myth, just a word of advice :p

Nickolay said:

The keyword here is dumbass. If anyone that tripped 7 times was considered 'legally insane in a court of law' there would be a hell of a lot more criminals claiming 'substantial impairment of the mind' resulting in the downgrading/quashing of their respective convictions. C'mon mate, use your brain a bit; I am, and i'm even legally insane!

shvender hoot said:
- Putting LSD on a CD-R will make your computer trip
- LSD blotter paper can be faxed
- Measuring the brain waves on someone who is on LSD produces music that sounds like "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. you're a genius.

LD-50 said:
-very rarely an lsd trip can take forever... (u stuck in lsd trip forever from one hit)

In a way, I'd love it. I mean I would probably be put in a psychiatric hospital but I'd sit in the garden, all day, enjoying the sunshine as if it were the first time, seeing patterns, loving people and most of all, I'd have my all life to figure out the wonders of the Universe (which as we all know unfolds before your eyes on acid).

about myths... I heard a dealer once say that if you take MDMA and LSD together you'll either die or go insane. ok... a dealer for god's sake! stupidity kills.

Ive been told alot that if you pop your back on LSD somehow it makes you trip harder?

To this day I still dunno if its true or not

a friend of mine claims that when he pops his neck while tripping the visuals increase for a few minutes.

hmm i heard that 7 hits legally insane thing.. but in a different way .. that ..if u get cought with lsd for 3 times they give u a paper that proves u r insane and u cant drive car u cant get a job and so on ... but its crap i think... i see ppl takin it more than 40-50 times and nothin happens to them...so is government that much insane to do such a thing... no way...

and i heard another thing which some ppl say the best way is to put the blotter on the big vein on ur neck... i dunno i dont think so ... =D