• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Main Psychedelic Myths Thread

nanobrain said:
all these things are in fact true, and i know the guy who knows that guy who turned into an orange and thought people would peel him. long story short, he got juiced. ;-)

:D sounds like a sticky situation

These myths are really all true. You bad illegal dangerous people are just too screwed up from all the acid to know what youre talking about. The acid ruined your brain so you cant think right. Youre bad people. And I want you to know that. Drugs are bad. If you want to be your best, you cant do drugs. If you arent your best you arent going to heaven.

^Things Ive been told.

its funny how stupid people are

and gullable

silly sheep follow the shephard, even to the abotoire

hell i don't even take LSD (though at some point in intend to... carefully, as apparently a FOAF fullout out his eye on LSD, he thought it was a good idea at the time. bearing in mind this is a trusted friend, and that guy was a very regular LSD user, so the chance of it happening was higher, due to stats)

Im interested in the "back Cracking' yoga-automatic flashback fun series.... I was watching "woodstock" the DVD and some guy was like "yeah, if i hold this like position i like totally encounter a flashblack from all those times i dropped acid" like hell ya!

I doubt this... but could be true.

I heard that you can't eat LSD more than 7 times or you're legally insane, stupid shit.

^^^shit; I'm well and truly fucked...

Here come the men in the white coats

motiv311 said:
Im interested in the "back Cracking' yoga-automatic flashback fun series.... I was watching "woodstock" the DVD and some guy was like "yeah, if i hold this like position i like totally encounter a flashblack from all those times i dropped acid" like hell ya!

I doubt this... but could be true.

um no

I have eaten my fair share of lsd. But, i have recently decided that I will never take it again. Apparently in scientific studies, acid has been found to cause mutation in chromosomes as well as broad chromosomal damage. This has been attributed to malformed embryos. There is still a lot of controversy about the results of these studies, but as this is FUCKING WITH YOUR GENETIC MAKEUP, i'm a little frightened.

To be fair, in the conclusion of the article I read, the following was said:

"Two-thirds of the existing in vitro studies have reported some degree of increased chromosomal breakage following exposure to illicit or pure LSD. With one exception, these changes were observed with concentrations of LSD and durations of exposure that far exceeded the dosages commonly used in humans. In none of the studies was there a clear dosage-response relationship. Since similar findings have been reported with many commonly used substances, including artificial sweeteners, aspirin, caffeine, phenothiazine tranquilizers and antibiotics, there is no reason why LSD should be singled out and put in a special category."

I'm not saying i regret taking acid. It opened my mind in ways nothing else has. But this is information you might want to absorb before you try, or continue to take, LSD.

For more information on these studies,and the source of the previous exerpt, you can visit: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/grofchro.htm

Last edited:
hey trip.more that could work,

but as a placebo effect thing, the flashback ebing induced due to a firm conviction that it is brought about by such actions

just as people claim to trip out more due to cracking their back, all in their drug addled minds :)

i used to always hear that most acid contained strychnine and it would eventually give you 'gut rot' - also that popping your joints while on acid released that and other bad substances into your blood..

I would like to input my 2 cents and tell you:

The myth of lsd staying in your spinal cord is actually true.

However, practically every chemical you put in your body deposits trace amounts of itself into your spinal cord. Ask a chiropractor.

I had a former boss who had a back condition that required him to go to a chiropractor every 3 or 4 months. He told me the doc would do a special back stretching/cracking procedure on him (he described exactly what was done but I haven't talked to him in over a year so I can't remember the exact details), and afterward all of the toxins stored in his spinal cord were released (he was a heavy smoker), and his body felt so shitty that he could barely drive himself home, but he felt great a day or two later.

If anyone actually calls a chiropractor and finds out my former boss was full of shit let me know, but he was a very honest guy so I don't doubt him.

Oh yeah, now that I think about it, his back condition was called a 'stinger'.

Trogdor said:
I would like to input my 2 cents and tell you:

The myth of lsd staying in your spinal cord is actually true.

However, practically every chemical you put in your body deposits trace amounts of itself into your spinal cord. Ask a chiropractor.

I had a former boss who had a back condition that required him to go to a chiropractor every 3 or 4 months. He told me the doc would do a special back stretching/cracking procedure on him (he described exactly what was done but I haven't talked to him in over a year so I can't remember the exact details), and afterward all of the toxins stored in his spinal cord were released (he was a heavy smoker), and his body felt so shitty that he could barely drive himself home, but he felt great a day or two later.

If anyone actually calls a chiropractor and finds out my former boss was full of shit let me know, but he was a very honest guy so I don't doubt him.

Oh yeah, now that I think about it, his back condition was called a 'stinger'.

key word would be trace, meaning prob not enough to even messure. it's there in theory alone.

One myth that is true is how LSD changes your personality. I cannot think of another drug that has the power to profoundly and ever-lastingly change your personlity. But as Martha would say, "Its a good thing"

But the change in personality is due to the experience, not the drug itself. A death of a friend or relative can also change your personality, as can any important life event.

Chemical reactions create every experience, every feeling, every thought. The experience comes from within - the drug is merely a catalyst. Some people take LSD and experience nothing more than a body buzz, tracers, and visuals. Others obtain a life-changing spiritual experience.

lsd just adds more resonance to any experiencing.
any sensations or memory that start, last longer and overlap densely,
anything from from a pleasant context of richness to an exagerrated involvement with feedback and looping is likely.

i would call it all resonance, they used to call it vibes which confused me, because I thougth it was an external thing thephysicists had not discovered, now I know it is vibes extended in the cerebral cortex itself.

I saw that, it was intensely interesting. Especially how the LSD spider created a perfectly symmetrical web. But the mescaline spider's was all over the place!

I think enough LSD enough times will usually lead to some profoundness for most people.