• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Had a Dr prescribing me tons of the 300mg years back. I liked it, it he anxiolytic properties and a mild rolling feeling. But with anxiolytic comes disinhibition, and that can cause you to make some poor choices. Similar to your decision making on benzos like alprazolam or clonazepam, but not as debilitating. Good stuff if you have it around, but I wouldn't go crazy trying to get it. Just my .02$.

Lyrica and I.V Ketamine Infusion equals nurses sort of yelling at you saying ?Sir, it?s time to wake up. I mean I took the combination prescribed as in I had a script for both. I closed my eyes, went out fast and the nurses had to wake me up. Go easy on this combo.

I have been having trouble urinating, especially at night. Like with an enlarged prostate. I assumed it was related to my meds( daily Lyrica being one), but I didn?t connect the Lyrica to it. But now that I am thinking about it , yeah it started around the time I began taking Lyrica daily. I bet thats the cause.
Gotta quit that stuff.

I have been having trouble urinating, especially at night. Like with an enlarged prostate. I assumed it was related to my meds( daily Lyrica being one), but I didn?t connect the Lyrica to it. But now that I am thinking about it , yeah it started around the time I began taking Lyrica daily. I bet thats the cause.
Gotta quit that stuff.

good luck
I experienced withdrawal from a two month, two days a week, high-dose recreational habit. They lasted like a week but they really sucked, like a very dysphoric feeling different from benzo and opiate wd.

Gotta quit that stuff.

I'm doing the same for the same urinary reasons. I'm down to about 20 mg a day now.

Fuck this drug even though I liked the high.

Im taking 100 mg x 2/day. Yesterday I tried skipping my am dose and I was nauseous by dinner. When I figured out what caused it, I took 150mg and the nausea went away 2 hours later.
I?m going to have to taper. Probably drop 25 or 50 mg / day each week. Sucks opening the capsules though. That powder inside tastes really bad.

I'd suggest dropping 25mg not 50mg. Slower is better. Personally I like the taste of Lyrica so can't help you there. Maybe try mixing it into OJ or something? Good luck on your taper!

anyone else find nicotine greatly enhances Lyrica?

I was rxed Lyrica for chronic pain my body consumed with arthritis. After 2yrs of 450 per day my body reacted, swollen legs,face, eyes swelled shut, chronic sinus infections. Dr took me off, 75 every other day then stop. Six days out I am in hell, very dark, extreme pain, 8 lbs gone in 6 days, can’t eat or sleep. Stay away from this poison prescribed or not. 7thousnd plus ppl onFB survivors page but page not secure. It screws with your head and body years after. Don’t play with Lyrica.

I have read a lot about Lyrica. Lots of personal posts and stuff. Its absolutely amazing how widely varied the withdrawl symptoms are.
Honestly Im fucking scared about coming off this stuff. I start opiate withdrawls cold turkey tomorrow, then maybe 2 or 3 weeks later I will start on gettIng off Lyrica. Then Ativan.
I have a lot of work ahead.....

The reason I was rxed Lyrica was for it to replace opioids. Mine were reduced 50% to 40 mg per day. It’s getting difficult to get scrips filled since supply has been reduced 20% twice in 2 years. Still in withdrawal from Lyrica, day 7, but did not wake up crying. My heart rate is finally below 100 but entire body shakes with every beat. I have been using prescribed temazepam during day for anxiety. It’s to be used for sleep. I did not have anxiety before taking Lyrica!
The full body pain is outrageous, every nerve is waking up. If I were able I’d be looking for street drugs, anything to stop the pain.
I am old and just want for it to be over.

Squeaky I hope you are doing ok with the opiate withdrawal. It’s so different from the Lyrica. For me stopping opiates, a long time ago, was more physical with RLS, diarrhea, cravings. You won’t crave Lyrica when you stop. I had stopped Lyrica once before and had less withdrawal symptoms. This second time has made me crazy. Also, my pain is just the same pain I have had for years except for added muscle pain. So maybe you will not have major withdrawal from Lyrica.. Don’t anticipate a bad time as that will just increase your anxiety.

I have amazing effect for my social anxiety from pregabalin.

Theory
Like alcohol, pregabalin is a selective alpha2delta ligand. This means that it lowers fear . Benzodiazepines do not do this, they work if you anxiety not fear. Unlike alcohol, is a selective ligand, so much less brain fogg then alcohol.

Real life
If I take 300mg ( not every day, so I have low tolerance) and stay alone I have a subtle high, nice but nothing special.
The magic is with people. It acts as a social lubricant , my fear of people disappear and I act as a different person.

I am considering to take it every day, this time like a medication under the supervision of a psychiatrist.
alpha2delta ligand are still not well understood, I think that in the future pregabalin will be much more used as a treatment for anxiety instead of benzo.

Last edited:
I have read a lot about Lyrica. Lots of personal posts and stuff. Its absolutely amazing how widely varied the withdrawl symptoms are.
Honestly Im fucking scared about coming off this stuff. I start opiate withdrawls cold turkey tomorrow, then maybe 2 or 3 weeks later I will start on gettIng off Lyrica. Then Ativan.

The Lyrica / pregabalin can help you get off both the opiate and benzodiazepine.

IMO, I would come off opiate then benzo. The slower the better.

Lyrica / pregabalin may subjectively suck, but, taper your dose down at a reasonable pace and you can jump as early as a week.

If you are deep into the pregabalin, taper slower.

This method worked for me.

Your mileage may vary.

yeah, i was just struck by that browsing through this thread for the first time in years.

i've been taking it for a year for chemotherapy-induced neuropathy, and am able to quit cold turkey here and there with absolutely no problem.

perhaps my other drug consumption helps, idk. tho most days i just use cannabis.

I have LOTS of Lyrica stashed. I dont take as much as they give me.
I tried using for opiate wd but it really only made me feel worse. And it gives me a chemical type of hangover. Feels like alcohol hangover with a taste of chemicals in my mouth the next morning.

i've been taking it for a year for chemotherapy-induced neuropathy, and am able to quit cold turkey here and there with absolutely no problem.

I've quitted benzo or ghb cold turkey with zero problem.
I think that phisical addiction to substance acting on GABA receptor is strongly variable from person to person.
Me and Pharmakos are in the happy bunch that get little addiction.

yeah, i was just struck by that browsing through this thread for the first time in years.

perhaps my other drug consumption helps, idk. tho most days i just use cannabis.
Same. I've been using it and gabapentin for six years and this was always my experience. Just lucky I guess.

For me, Lyrica is a wonder drug. At moderate doses I am lifted out of my depression, I am able to deal with major issues in my life that I avoid like the plague and cannot confront normally, and my social anxiety is *completely* eradicated.

Hence it's not terribly addictive, although the functionality that I get out of it makes it addictive. .

At higher doses I get a heavy alcohol-like effect that I don't really like.

I feel like most people don't see Lyrica's magic, or maybe it just isn't there for them. And oddly enough I took it for a couple years before I realized that lower dosing has a much more magical effect than high let's-get-fucked-up dosing.

I would really like to hear from anyone else who gets this quasi-panacea incredible effect from Lyrica.

Yes , word by word what you say.
But like benzo ( that I do not like at all) it is not for everyone, it works for someone.
It is the social anxiety thing... it's called anxiety but it is fear, and pregabalin target it.

I've quitted benzo or ghb cold turkey with zero problem.
I think that phisical addiction to substance acting on GABA receptor is strongly variable from person to person.
Me and Pharmakos are in the happy bunch that get little addiction.
Same. I've been using it and gabapentin for six years and this was always my experience. Just lucky I guess.

i also just quit a ~60mg/day Norco habit cold turkey, tho that's not an extremely high dose. first day was shitty, second day i was back to normal and loving the amount of energy i had.

perhaps we're just lucky and should quit showing off. :p