• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I guess good general advice is always to take the lowest effective dosage.
Don?t forget, tolerance cones in fast with Lyrica. By day 3 you?ll be needing double. Try not to use two days in a row.

How good is pregabalin for sleep?

Im trying to get off from a small dose of clonazepam but always fail because of the insomnia and the alterated sleep cycles. Ive hear that it has sedative but also stimulant propierties, so im a bit confused

Hey guys, what would be a reccomended starter dose for IV'ing pregablin? got not real tolerance tobenzos, had a couple xans lately but nothing much else

We don't do recommendations like that, Mr. Password. I don't think there'd be any point to it either.

I know pregabalin is faster than gabapentin, but mainly due to absorption from your guts. But after that, the pleasant buzz seems to take a while. It's more complex than just a bolus of drug hitting your brain, at least IME.

I?m just curious about others who have used Lyrica. Personally, I?m an opiate girl, I don?t abuse them, but I do live off them. Last time I attempted to get off them (oxycodone) I was given Suboxone (useless) and Lyrica. The Lyrica did not give me a high at all, it basically just made me feel that gross withdrawal jittery feeling, as well as the lack of coordination, but it was in no way a pleasant feeling. I honestly felt similar to when I use marijuana. (Which I?m not huge on either). Is that atypical, or normal? (The feeling I mean, not the not liking it-it?s clear not liking it is atypical.)

For the record, I have chronic pain as well, and it certainly provides no relief there.

Took about a week off from lyrica, and the first dose (~400mg) was great. Wish it could be like this every time. Withdrawal wasn't that bad, honestly.

If you only do it once every three or four days you can get the buzz you?re looking for every time. Problem is tolerance builds so incredibly fast with lyrica.

So I tried Lyrica for the second time couple of days ago. First time 150mg approx then over a week later 200 mg approx.
Tbh I didn't particularly enjoy either experience. I enjoyed the after effects of good mood and relaxation.

During the peak of the 'high' I felt a bit of pressure in my head (similar to that I get when on phenibut), a bit floaty at times but more often I just feel a bit drunk. Not enjoyable drunk but that feeling you have if you have been pretty drunk earlier that day and its been about 4 hours since your last drink and now you're just feeling dozy and clumsy..

So questions:
If I take a much larger dose, of say 400mg, am I likely to feel the more euphoric effects and possibly negate the negative effects I mentioned above? Or will I likely not enjoy it anymore and maybe even feel worse?

To those who did not initially enjoy the lyrica/pregabalin high and then later discovered they liked it, what changed?

I'm guessing that my best bet at having a good time on Lyrica is to just take smaller doses where I probably won't get a high but perhaps a small mood lift.

Any thoughts?

When I took too much it was exactly like drinking too much. Including the throwing up. You should watch BBC3 Drugs map of Britain: Pregabalin , on YouTube.

When I took too much it was exactly like drinking too much. Including the throwing up. You should watch BBC3 Drugs map of Britain: Pregabalin , on YouTube.

May have seen that a year or two ago. Was it about the pregabalin addicts in Northern Ireland? In NI they refer to lyrica as 'buds'. That slang and be careful not to overdo it with lyrica was what I took away from that program :)

That?s the one. Kids calling their dealer for buds. Opening the capsules and snorting it.
What I took from it is that it is prescribed for problems ranging from nerve pain to emotional stress. Which means you could get it for a back injury abd wind up comitting suicide in withdrawl.
Tolerance builds fast. Get high on 300 mg today and in three days it can take 900 mg to just get close to the same high. Overdo it once and you?ll be preying to pass out so the ride can end.

That?s the one. Kids calling their dealer for buds. Opening the capsules and snorting it.
What I took from it is that it is prescribed for problems ranging from nerve pain to emotional stress. Which means you could get it for a back injury abd wind up comitting suicide in withdrawl.
Tolerance builds fast. Get high on 300 mg today and in three days it can take 900 mg to just get close to the same high. Overdo it once and you?ll be preying to pass out so the ride can end.

Yeah it's a serious drug that needs respected.

I always err on the side of caution, especially, with drugs. It's crazy to read how high a dose some people start on or even worse recommend other's take as a starter dose.

I read through most of this lyrica megathread before trying it out and even then I wasn't totally sure what to expect.

After a long period trying pregabalin, now I can say its an acquired taste. The first time I took 300mg and just feel a drunk sleepy effect, it was definetly a worthless trip, the second time I took 900mg and then it felt less alcohol-like and more like a benzo, but again nothing especial.
I was about to flush those pills in the toilet until a week after I took 450mg, after a couple hours the good effects of pregabalin bloomed. A soft opiate-like state, now I can say pregabalin has recreational value. But also there are negatives things about pregab:

-The good effect takes time to appear, specially after eating a meal
-You need to find the right dose, more doesnt necessarily means more high, it can mean more side effects
-The tolerance its ridiculous, you have to wait almost a week for its ludic effect, but the analgesic and anxiolitic effects still after daily use in my experience
-Its expensive and addictive, so be careful

It seems to me that lyrics is only good for anxiety. My other half was prescribed lyrics for nerve pain & back pain. 3x75mg, i don't think it did much for helping with the pain but did wonders for his anxiety but can't take it during the day coz he works & it gives blood shot eyes & shite cordination, he was worried about driving, but has no problems driving with 120mg morphine. So I don't know about this drug that's supposed to be a great new drug for nerve pain yet you can't take it during the day if you have to do shite Unless you don't give a shite walking around looking drunk.

Seems everyone has a slightly different experience. And unfortunately Drs are only able to try and see if it works. In the meantime we are all left to suffer.

It seems to me that lyrics is only good for anxiety. My other half was prescribed lyrics for nerve pain & back pain. 3x75mg, i don't think it did much for helping with the pain but did wonders for his anxiety but can't take it during the day coz he works & it gives blood shot eyes & shite cordination, he was worried about driving, but has no problems driving with 120mg morphine. So I don't know about this drug that's supposed to be a great new drug for nerve pain yet you can't take it during the day if you have to do shite Unless you don't give a shite walking around looking drunk.
As with opiates tolerance plays a big part. I was prescribed 100mg x3 and would either take all 300mg at night or 100mg in the morning before work along with 8-10 grams of kratom and a hit or two of weed and could function fine. Now a couple years later after getting off of daily use 50mg works better for sleep than 15mg temazepam does.

you get used to it and don't really have such bad side effects. also he should lower the dose if he's having these effects

I usualy take fourteen 75mg tabs for a recreational dose but was short this morning so took seven skip to now and my mate appeared with his script and gave me fourteen so I took them forgetting about the seven thus morning
Long story short do you guys think I will get anything from them he was it a waste