• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Keif. Yes I've noticed if I dose my normal dosage (150mg) then wait an hour I can avoid the adverse reactions of high dose Lyrica. I'd also like to know the reasoning behind this, but best I can figure is that the normal dose binds the receptors allowing for a higher ceiling dose. I don't really get the twitches anymore though. I think it's because my body has become used to the Lyrica.

when I stack Pregabalin @ 150 mg, every 1-1.5 hrs, I feel the peak lasts longer.
Thoughts?

Me too.
Pretty normal, every one does this with alcohol.

Those of us who have experience with Gabapentinoids know all about the nature of Gabapentin and how it follows a strange bioavailability pattern.

No big mistery too:
" Gabapentin is a non-metabolized adrug that is eliminated by renal excretion and displays saturable, dose dependent absorption. Gabapentin bioavailability is not dose proportional; i.e., as dose is increased, bioavailability decreases. Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%, 47%, 34%, 33%, and 27% following 900, 1200, 2400, 3600,4800 mg"

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/470294-Maximizing-Gabapentin-bioavailability

Last edited:
Me too.
Pretty normal, every one does this with alcohol.

No big mistery too:
" Gabapentin is a non-metabolized adrug that is eliminated by renal excretion and displays saturable, dose dependent absorption. Gabapentin bioavailability is not dose proportional; i.e., as dose is increased, bioavailability decreases. Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%, 47%, 34%, 33%, and 27% following 900, 1200, 2400, 3600,4800 mg"

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/470294-Maximizing-Gabapentin-bioavailability

I don?t get what you are trying to say.

There has been plenty of discussion in this forum if stacking pregabalin was worth it/possible/effective.

I know what I think and have experienced.
I wanted fresh answers to that subjective question from fresh folks.

You noticed I said pregabalin and not gabapentin right?

Although they may share similarities, they are quite different.

How do Gabapentin, Baclofen, and Pregablin compare for the purposes of increasing sleep quality due to a sleep disorder? I know that GHB/Xyrem is king but it's very difficult to get prescribed whereas the other three as easy.

I have confirmed that this shit fucks your urinary system up somehow. A listed side effect is disurea (painful urination/bladder pain). I probably have some other conditions from the poly drug use but after a couple years of taking this shit. Now when i even take just one pill i get bad pelvic pain. Many reports all over the internet of the same thing from peolpe that never abused drugs.

Now i have so many bottles of lyrica i will never touch again :(

I have been having a lot of trouble pissing, and pain in my pelvis, specifically at my SI joint. I wonder if Lyrica could be the cause.
I have been trying to get off it. I had been down to 50 mg/day, but one of the wd symptoms I get is nausea and I end up every day taking 100 mg to combat the sickness. I might just try to go cold turkey in a couple of weeks and see if I can get past the wds.

I have been having a lot of trouble pissing, and pain in my pelvis, specifically at my SI joint. I wonder if Lyrica could be the cause.
I have been trying to get off it. I had been down to 50 mg/day, but one of the wd symptoms I get is nausea and I end up every day taking 100 mg to combat the sickness. I might just try to go cold turkey in a couple of weeks and see if I can get past the wds.

i would taper as much as possible until then. i jumped off when i was taking about 25 mg a day and had no withdrawal except for lack of sleep for a few days.

I would like to note that when I take Pregabalin in a very high dose, with no tolerance, I can experience severe Myoclonus (jerking movements). If I ingest a small amount, say, 150mg as you've said, I can then dose as high as I want without experiencing any Myoclonus and furthermore, get this, if I do take enough to initiate these Myoclonic movements, if I take more Pregabalin, even the next day or the day after, I will continue to experience Myoclonus until the Pregabalin has completely cleared and I try again a few days later. It's such a goddamn mystery.

I would be very interested in hearing from others who have experienced this, as it appears to be a fairly rare side effect. Most prescribers I've talked to are unaware that this is a possible side-effect. Also, and this one can really fuck you over good, they seem to be essentially unaware that there is a severe (or any) withdrawal syndrome from Gabapentinoids, when in reality, the withdrawal appears to be akin to Benzodiazepine withdrawal, in that it can make you totally non-functional and turn your life into a living nightmare. I'm sure you've all read stories about Phenibut (OTC Supplement) and the horror stories.

I believe, actually, that the Phenibut Diaries, as it were, are some of the best resources for predicting the outcome of dependence, tolerance and withdrawal from the other Gabapentinoids. Why? Phenibut is pretty cheap and can be bought over the internet by the pound. This allows us to see what would happen if one had a truly limitless supply of these drugs. The stories people tell sound downright nightmarish. Gabapentin is self-limiting, as we have said but who has an endless supply of Pregabalin? Not most people. If we examine peoples' experience with Phenibut, I think we can draw a reasonable comparison and predict how Pregabalin might work.

Thoughts?

My wife and i actually did have a near endless supply of pregabalin. we had thousands of them at one point; someone with whom we were living had been prescribed a decent amount of lyrica for several years but never took it and didn't care about it. we discovered the wonderful effects of high lyrica doses and both took it fairly regularly.

I, too, experienced myoclonus most of the time but thought that it was ok, as did my wife.

Eventually, however, she had a seizure that nearly killed her while on it: she stopped breathing for a few minutes. Then, she continued having a ridiculous amount of involuntary twitching, from head to toe: limbs, fingers, eyelids. This went on for a couple of days. She was unconscious during this time and experiencing Status Epilepticus.
I was afraid she wasn't going to wake up and the dr prepared me for the possibility that she might have been permanently catatonic.
She DID come to after a few days, thank god, but the damage was done: she was a different person.
She only said "yes" and "no" for about six months. She didn't remember a WHOLE lot of her life. And her personality completely and utterly changed: she was once fiery and ambitious and sharp and confident; now she is docile, passive, demure, introspective.
It's taken a few YEARS for her to get back to normal, but again, it ISN'T exactly normal because she has a new personality.
Her intelligence eventually came back though.

She never told me that pregabalin had been involved in that episode, so i kept taking it.
Eventually, i had an INSANELY violent seizure myself. I fell back on my leg in such a manner that i had to use a walker for a couple of weeks.
I was also generally confused for a few weeks. It felt as though i had slipped into a parallel dimension.

Pregablin is a wonderful feeling, but it literally nearly took my wife from me forever and had some pretty rough adverse effects on me, too.

I don't know what causes this shit to happen: predisposition to seizures, length of time using it, amount taken, combination with other drugs: i really have no fucking idea. But i can tell you one thing: the jerking movements precede seizures.
If anyone is getting the involuntary jerking movements, she may want to consider backing off for awhile and lowering her dose.

When people talk about this drug being safe, i feel that i would be remiss not to share this story.

I wish to god it hadn't happened this way though: i fucking LOVED taking it.

Last edited:
My wife and i actually did have a near endless supply of pregabalin. we had thousands of them at one point; someone with whom we were living had been prescribed a decent amount of lyrica for several years but never took it and didn't care about it. we discovered the wonderful effects of high lyrica doses and both took it fairly regularly.

I, too, experienced myoclonus most of the time but thought that it was ok, as did my wife.

Eventually, however, she had a seizure that nearly killed her while on it: she stopped breathing for a few minutes. Then, she continued having a ridiculous amount of involuntary twitching, from head to toe: limbs, fingers, eyelids. This went on for a couple of days. She was unconscious during this time and experiencing Status Epilepticus.
I was afraid she wasn't going to wake up and the dr prepared me for the possibility that she might have been permanently catatonic.
She DID come to after a few days, thank god, but the damage was done: she was a different person.
She only said "yes" and "no" for about six months. She didn't remember a WHOLE lot of her life. And her personality completely and utterly changed: she was once fiery and ambitious and sharp and confident; now she is docile, passive, demure, introspective.
It's taken a few YEARS for her to get back to normal, but again, it ISN'T exactly normal because she has a new personality.
Her intelligence eventually came back though.

She never told me that pregabalin had been involved in that episode, so i kept taking it.
Eventually, i had an INSANELY violent seizure myself. I fell back on my leg in such a manner that i had to use a walker for a couple of weeks.
I was also generally confused for a few weeks. It felt as though i had slipped into a parallel dimension.

Pregablin is a wonderful feeling, but it literally nearly took my wife from me forever and had some pretty rough adverse effects on me, too.

I don't know what causes this shit to happen: predisposition to seizures, length of time using it, amount taken, combination with other drugs: i really have no fucking idea. But i can tell you one thing: the jerking movements precede seizures.
If anyone is getting the involuntary jerking movements, she may want to consider backing off for awhile and lowering her dose.

When people talk about this drug being safe, i feel that i would be remiss not to share this story.

I wish to god it hadn't happened this way though: i fucking LOVED taking it.

I know the feeling. IT was an indredicble drug to use. This is a scary story.

I get bad twitching from pregabilin doses over 300 or 5oo mg....I can see how it could cause sezuire

I have been using lyrica a lot over last four days.Everyone says to me you dont get a euphoria on it I do.Will stop today and keep it to the weekend thing.Ilike to snort it but it block nose.The bad thing is tolerance builds so quick.I dont have to worry about getting it my friend prescribed it.Think I will feel a little shitty over next few days is four days of heavy use enough to give withdrawl

I have been using lyrica a lot over last four days.Everyone says to me you dont get a euphoria on it I do.Will stop today and keep it to the weekend thing.Ilike to snort it but it block nose.The bad thing is tolerance builds so quick.I dont have to worry about getting it my friend prescribed it.Think I will feel a little shitty over next few days is four days of heavy use enough to give withdrawl
If it is your first time using you are safe no matter how much you have been using. Once you get a withdrawal it will appear again much more easily so try to avoid the first one. Twice a week is the most I would recommend, and once a week much better.

Thanks mate its not the first time.i have used during a opiate wd before and once again for fun after that.I not done one now fot 9 hours lets see how it goes.

If you are familiar with opiates withdrawal you know the score. Same story but to a lesser degree. Trying to avoid same issues that took you to opiate withdrawal will take you to pregabalin withdrawal. Not very scientific but I think you have a +90% probabilities of experiencing a pregabalin withdrawal at one time or another.

The wierd thing is i know in my heart where this is heading.Ibeen on drugs since 15 now 42 opiates for 13 years.Im just finding it so hard to live a life with total abstinence.Its the weekends no work and nothing to look forward to after.Even now im trying to alternate between lyrica and benzos thinking that way i wont get hooked on anything i know in my head im going to fuck up still i doing it.

Your situation is bad and lots of us can relate to it. Note you said "...nothing to look forward after...", that's the REAL problem not drugs. Drugs are just not effective medication long term for the problem.
Positive thing is we know we need to do something meaningful to reverse that, negative thing is that it can be difficult to find such a thing. Some things you might look into are family, friends, career, education goals, hobbies and physical and mental health. If any of those areas are bad and fixable, you could try to take action towards improving it. If any of these areas seems overwhelming at the moment just ignore it and maybe just focus in an area you feel you can improve... maybe physical condition or other, and be patient.

In any case, I would choose a pregabalin addiction over an opiates addiction any day of the week. And with the crazy tolerance of pregabalin it makes it a very difficult drug to be addicted long term, you'll have to face the problem sooner than later.

As a last thought, the problem is not using. It is using to avoid bad emotions, feeling void...Basically neuroticism
What takes us too use in the first place is curiosity and that is not bad, that's just openness, the problem is to start swapping your discipline and strenght for weakness and boredom...

...and I am talking to myself, I think I know the way but still I cannot follow it. Deep enough I know I have to be patient and perseverant. Though sometimes I doubt if I just have the resources...probably everyone doubts...

Sobriety forever might not be the answer for some of us. I've seen disciplined men doing things right and not avoiding getting high. Question is if there is anything different intrinsicaly from them, or we are actually deciding.

Withdrawal sucks but it isn't unbearable. I think withdrawal is more reliant on how long/consistently you have been dosing as opposed to the size of the individual dosages. I went several months taking borderline-heroic doses of lyrica and neurontin, and when I ran out things certainly sucked for a couple of days, but I was able to sleep every night, if that helps put it into context with opioid withdrawal (where you wouldn't sleep even if you were dead).

The thing is I dont know the problem.I have a great job well paid a loving wife three kids I love more then anything.I was a functioning addict through thirteen years of opiate use everything seems good in my life.Im not a drinker never liked the buzz much.But I even tried drinking to try and be normal but two shots a day would turn to three then half bottle then a bottle.Its the boredom I can't handle plus its just so easy to get hold of whatever drug I want.Thirteen years of opiate use I would never buy all of my drug from one dealer would buy most from one and some from others.Just incase my main dealer had none I would be able to get from others.Im trying to find away I can use something as a weekend use thats not a opiate because I can never use that recreationally.

Well, then maybe you are not so bad. Maybe you just need your little holidays on the weekend, I have seen worst habits than that one. Don't you like other families of drugs like dissociatives or psychedelics? You could do a benzo weekend, a pregabalin weekend, a disociative weekend and a psychedelic weekend and probably have a hell of a life.

You can as well find other hobbie for the weekends,...everything is allowed.