• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

That seems a bit pointless... He obviously has accurate scales to know the contents weigh 417mg so he just needs to weigh out 139mg of the powder to give him exactly 100mg of pregabalin.

What's the point in messing on with eyeballing piles of powder and moving bits around with razor blades when he obviously has a set of mg scales?

He has a precise scale, not an accurate one. It can still be precisely, horribly wrong.

Kids, none of you has a "milligram scale". Sure, you can buy something that says milligram, but you need to read the specs. And then multiply by at least two. It may say "repeatability 10mg" or similar, but that's the best out there for home use, tested in a permanently dark lunar crater.

The accuracy is not linear, it's a whole lot worse at the lower end. You can have confidence that "4.173 grams" is between 4.150 and 4.190, but "173mg" could be 100-200mg, maybe. Read the specs and it'll be worse.

Real ones cost thousands and when used without a "freeze reading" are obviously still unable to measure a milligram difference. About 17mg is where I put the limit of reliability on a $4000 balance (again, below 150mg. much better higher up). Hygroscopic powders will absorb 50mg of water from your breath looming over them.

Anyone who sells you something and claims that precision, when not required by a government to be at least that precise, is inaccurate at best.

A cat huh?

I agree though, it isn't accurate to a mg, and weighing it seems extreme anyway with one capsule

Although, taking 2 grams is pretty fucking extreme also-isn't the max dose... oh who gives a flying- point is, that's a LOT. If it is 8x more potent than Gabapentin that is like over 10 grams-which is probably impossible because of inverse dosing, still I couldn't imagine doing such a dose

Pregablin is supposed to better though, and still more of than just a more potent Gabapentin-IDK for sure though. Still, isn't 2 gram extreme? Desperate bad I would be afraid to take half that much

He has a precise scale, not an accurate one. It can still be precisely, horribly wrong.

Kids, none of you has a "milligram scale". Sure, you can buy something that says milligram, but you need to read the specs. And then multiply by at least two. It may say "repeatability 10mg" or similar, but that's the best out there for home use, tested in a permanently dark lunar crater.

The accuracy is not linear, it's a whole lot worse at the lower end. You can have confidence that "4.173 grams" is between 4.150 and 4.190, but "173mg" could be 100-200mg, maybe. Read the specs and it'll be worse.

Real ones cost thousands and when used without a "freeze reading" are obviously still unable to measure a milligram difference. About 17mg is where I put the limit of reliability on a $4000 balance (again, below 150mg. much better higher up). Hygroscopic powders will absorb 50mg of water from your breath looming over them.

Anyone who sells you something and claims that precision, when not required by a government to be at least that precise, is inaccurate at best.

LoL ..where do you get that from? If he was able to measure a figure of close enough to 417mg within the parameters of the accuracy of his scale then I would imagine he is able to manage to make a measurement of close enough to 139mg within the same margin of error given the same scale parameters without it going "horribly wrong" with a Lyrica capsule

WAAAYYYY less likely to not go "horribly wrong" than with eyeballing piles of powder on a counter top...which is what the original post and subsequent replies are actually about at the end of the day

Last edited:
LoL ..where do you get that from? If he was able to measure a figure of close enough to 417mg within the parameters of the accuracy of his scale then I would imagine he is able to manage to make a measurement of close enough to 139mg within the same margin of error given the same scale parameters without it going "horribly wrong" with a Lyrica capsule

My fury at Big Drug Scale Industry mislabeling their wares made me forget to point out (also how the daily max is like 300mg for the first week):

rant was intended for all general audiences;

your sentiment was fine, the part of fucking around with powders, that is, "What's the point in messing on with eyeballing piles of powder and moving bits around with razor blades;"

the word precision was indicated given, "He obviously has accurate scales to know the contents weigh 417mg;"

I never said the pregablin or anything would go horribly wrong, just that a precise scale can still be horribly wrong.

It's accuracy v. precision, two very different things, and linearity in measurement making smaller masses harder to accurately measure, for a device that might be intended for a 5 gram teaspoon. Consider a mechanical linkage dead-distance, the amount of play that has to exist in one of these, and how it would have to dwarf whatever would be required for single milligram; then as a percentage of the distance moved by something with a small mass. IOW, that first 20 or 100mg, the first gram even, might be purely play in the system, not engaging any actual mass, just vibrations.

Exactly this....though I did find Scrofulas rant QI.

On a quick attempt and first go (it's very fiddly playing with powders, capsules and small scales) I managed to divide the powder in 2 near enough exactly. So with some powder lost and converting into Lyrica amounts I made 2 capsules with 142.5mg Lyrica (approx figures rounded up n down) in each, with a loss of 15mg Lyrical.

My fury at Big Drug Scale Industry mislabeling their wares made me forget to point out (also how the daily max is like 300mg for the first week):

rant was intended for all general audiences;

your sentiment was fine, the part of fucking around with powders, that is, "What's the point in messing on with eyeballing piles of powder and moving bits around with razor blades;"

the word precision was indicated given, "He obviously has accurate scales to know the contents weigh 417mg;"

I never said the pregablin or anything would go horribly wrong, just that a precise scale can still be horribly wrong.

It's accuracy v. precision, two very different things, and linearity in measurement making smaller masses harder to accurately measure, for a device that might be intended for a 5 gram teaspoon. Consider a mechanical linkage dead-distance, the amount of play that has to exist in one of these, and how it would have to dwarf whatever would be required for single milligram; then as a percentage of the distance moved by something with a small mass. IOW, that first 20 or 100mg, the first gram even, might be purely play in the system, not engaging any actual mass, just vibrations.

https://youtu.be/H5pghoka-Zg

"don't talk shit bro... not in the morning.....fucking PLEASE" - Jason 'The Dark Lord Spaniard" Genova

I'm just kidding.....couldn't resist it :) :) :)

But yeah...the point I was making wasn't for scales in general or for some different scenario with a different drug altogether....but for this particular situation with a Lyrica capsule...

He can be accurate enough to get close to the 100mg he needs just fine. and (in this case, with this drug) it will be more accurate than eyeballing powders

Last edited:
^ To clarify,'I just though it was a lot of time spent actually weighing a single lyrics capsule-though on second though there is a kind of logic to it, although "precise" and accuracy are two different things- yet people tapering will for example shave pieces off of their Valium tablets for "precise" dosing-hardly hazardous, as would pregabalin, if you want a test dose or precision it makes sense, even if personally if it was just one capsule I would do it the old fashioned way ;)

Really, I am more concerned with the person who said they sometimes take 2 grams-is that safe or advisable? That is somewhat equivalent to ~10 grams gabapentin(if you could take that much) So it just makes me wonder, that is more concerning than someone measuring the powder from a single capsule and not being 100% ACCURATE

He

Oh man, Fry and Laurie! Pretty funny, haven't watched much though, it isn't o TV, though have watched clips on the internet- I loved Hugh Laurie 's "America " song, give it a play if your bored one day

QI- quite interesting
I did miss the fact that he has a scale that could possibly just weigh out the dosage. If it works it would be a much better way than my razor blade method.
LucudSDreamer- the most I took at once was about 600 mg. I am prescribed 300 mg/day and I haven?t gone past that on a daily use basis. But I have gone from nothing to 450 mg in one day and the hangover scared me. I felt like my blood was full of cheap oven cleaner for about 48 hours. I have tried to quit c/t after only about a week?s use at 300 mg/day and had some pretty awful wd?s (insomnia, depression, etc) Also I watched the BBC3 documentary on YouTube about Belfast?s pregablin problem and it scared the crap out of me.
The razor blade method has helped me taper off it a couple times without having to admit to my Dr that I?m coming off it. There?s too much trouble around here getting a Dr to put me back on the level of medication I was on previously after I have tried quitting to see if the pills are really working. It?s much better if my Dr hears that nothing has changed while I?m shaving pills and building a reserve stash while trying to taper on my own. I got a ton of Lorazepam and Lyrica that way, and I HAD about 3 grams of oxy that way(later wound up needing it and now it?s gone... ? Also, my copayment for a full script is the same $$ as for one pill, so I might as well tell the Dr to write ut for as much as possible and save the rest.

I heard everyone's cackles of derision at the NIST nerd, taking me all the way to fifth grade and my science fair volcano. They laughed when I said it would be "somewhat impressive." Then they sued. I pointed out my volcano mix of ammonium perchlorate with red coke-can aluminum shavings (and some broccoli trees) was merely deflagrant, not explosive, just like I had warned. The judge agreed, and then they cried. They always cry in the end.

What was your highest Lyrica dosage u regularly ntook?
The highest dose I took so far was 3,5 g in an afternoon.
So far, the highest dose I took regularly was 1500 mg.
I would like to pinpoint that I am a regular user of Pregabalin, so I don't feel the same effect as persons taking it the first time, since tolerance built in.
And, to feel some effect of Lyrica, I have to take at least 750 mg.

Been taking ~400mg once in the morning to get moving for the day. I don't get sick during the day but when I wake up in the morning I feel really cloudy in my head and shitty until I dose. Now I'm out. I have enough gabapentin to get through a few days but something tells me this is going to really hurt...

So I did a trial run of approx 140mg lyrica on Friday.

I could definitely feel effect (somehow strong yet subtle) from this amount. It was a strange day but I think I enjoyed it. When on kratom or even large amounts of Phenibut I can enjoy a nice recreational feeling yet carry out normal day to day activities whilst feeling more upbeat and almost "enhanced". I guessed that the effects of this size dosage of lyrica would be similar in that sense but that wasn't the case.

Rather than feel enhanced I felt more impaired tbh. Sometimes this was enjoyable and sometimes not.

I'm definitely going to try it again at either same or lower dosage. This time I will make sure I don't have too much walking and traveling about to do on that day.

Can I just add, huge grams of Lyrica above 1.5g has resulted in renal failure. I know as I work in renal medicine. Be careful. Dialysis did help and kidney function recovered in the patient but dont be that reckless with doses.

I tried Pregabalin as a potential synergy with vyvanse to smooth out the effects. It completely blocks all of Vyvanse’s positive effects. Made me less motivated, slower mentally, less confident and basically like I had a labotomy. Horrible, horrible thing if anyone wants to live a functional life. Stims all the way for me from now on.

Can I just add, huge grams of Lyrica above 1.5g has resulted in renal failure. I know as I work in renal medicine. Be careful. Dialysis did help and kidney function recovered in the patient but dont be that reckless with doses.

This is very good information. Thanks