• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

How does pregabalin combine with opioids? Is it safe?
Yup, imo it's safe. I'm combining it a lot. Actually it's going to potentiate each others effect and pregabalin kinda takes the edge of almost every drug.

Depends on what your pain is from or if you're after recreational value.

I'd think lyrica would as a general rule always come in higher mg doses than opis.

Rtp

I've wrote it on here before and ill write it AGAIN!

I am scripted 1600MG Gabapentin; I am scripted based on seizures, not pain.

I TRIED to get upgraded to Lyrica rather than Gabapentin; I told the Dr. I've been having MORE seizures, which is true. but rather than upgrade my Gaba or move me to Lyrica, he just added another 2kMG of Keppra, which is a better anti-seizure drug from what people tell me, right? anyone have any info on that? I've been having seizures for the past 4 years and always told Keppra is the BEST seizure drug, so its always been my go-to. but me, being a junkie/addict, always wanted to add things that may make me feel a bit "better", ya know? so I eventually got on Gabapentin and it only lasted so long before it became a NOTHING and is just something I MUST take nowadays so I do not go through WD"s or have a seizure due to an instant stop.

does anyone use Lyrica for seizures? not sure if it is even worth it to go for another push on the Dr. to see if I can get them.

oh well, I am done.. unless someone tells me different.

I've wrote it on here before and ill write it AGAIN!

I am scripted 1600MG Gabapentin; I am scripted based on seizures, not pain.

I TRIED to get upgraded to Lyrica rather than Gabapentin; I told the Dr. I've been having MORE seizures, which is true. but rather than upgrade my Gaba or move me to Lyrica, he just added another 2kMG of Keppra, which is a better anti-seizure drug from what people tell me, right? anyone have any info on that? I've been having seizures for the past 4 years and always told Keppra is the BEST seizure drug, so its always been my go-to. but me, being a junkie/addict, always wanted to add things that may make me feel a bit "better", ya know? so I eventually got on Gabapentin and it only lasted so long before it became a NOTHING and is just something I MUST take nowadays so I do not go through WD"s or have a seizure due to an instant stop.

does anyone use Lyrica for seizures? not sure if it is even worth it to go for another push on the Dr. to see if I can get them.

oh well, I am done.. unless someone tells me different.

I was told by my doctor that lyrica isn't a very good seizure medication. He said it was developed as a seizure med, but ended up being a better med for nerve and muscular pain

^^

figured that since I could never get my hands on any considering I actually HAVE seizures. guess ill have to come up w/ some nerve or muscle pain next time, lol.

^shooting leg pains that wake u at night ;)

I just told my GP that my PM thought it'd be an experimental change & she had no prob with the script. (& no, he said nothing of the sort).

Rtp

^^. I agree with that. I don't find it hard to use for multiple purposes. As far as people comparing it to multiple drugs, I find it feels like what you think it feels like. I have felt like speed/opiate, feeling, and a ghb/ketamine feeling from it. It depends on factors such as how fast and how much you dose at a time. I've had 1200mg to 1500mg feel like K, but 600mg feel speedy/less inhibition/. Most definately great pain killing dose is 300mg-600mg.
I just got off a 7 day break and had a pain level at a heavy 8/10. I dosed 600 mg an hour ago and the pain level is currently a 4/10. I have a tolerance to 15mg Opana/twice a day. Not too bad. Lastly. I don't have seizures but IMO, Lyrica is focused where Gabapentin feels more spread out, covering more of your lobes. Hope this made sense. Time for another 300-600mg. Later I'll add Clonazepam and Temazepam.

Last edited:
Lol I only have to start the conversation with "Now that Lyrica I was on.......and the conversation is interrupted when he puts a script in my hand (5 repeats)......."with all the other crap in your system (AD's, opiates, benzos) mate Lyrica is the least of your worries".

If I ask for it they don't batt an eyelid and just give it to you

I'm actually using lyrica rarely nowadays, so when I do take it I enjoy that kinda detached feeling I get from it.

I just make sure I don't have to drive anywhere.

Rtp

I'm probably interrupting,but it's now 3 hours since first dose. I'm on 900 mg and I'm great. I still feel pain but I am numb and dissacociated . Clonazepam , Temazepam or Percocet. I feel, if I took Percocet, I wouldn't feel it. I'm thinking Temazepam. Lyrica is a great medicine, that you can use at 600mg a day and IMO, easily taper off as quick as a week, but taper over a month would be all the time you need.

Longest lasting substance i've had @ 650mg absolutely mental, nearly 18 hours of a constant buzz, there's 2 stages to this the first feels like valium (300mg) the second (450+) is just wired for 18 hours, at least for me

Which should be taken in a higher dose? Pregabalin or the opioid?

Pregbalin around 300mg if you're combining after that it starts to just overthrow everything i throw at it, lower dose is better for combos n potentiation cause this isn't weak in any case it's quite a pronounced effect i doubt i would feel much else on a high dose of it except the lyrica, for me this in a higher dose has a very obvious long lasting buzz where as a lot of things are more subtle like benzos n light opiods

Hey all. a little update. So yesterday turned out great. I ended up taking a total of 1050mg of Lyrica/Pregabalin. If I could live like that I would. Chill as fuck and zoned out. Then I took 2mg of Clonazepam and 30mg of Temazepam dosed all separately. All I can say is wow. I am going to do less now, because I don't want to run out. I got up today and had a wonderful afterglow. I did a complete brake job on a Ford Explorer. I did take 300mg, when I woke up, but that kept me chill all day. Respect Pregabalin. It is great if it is used properly and respected. Tonight, I ate a gram at once, I forgot about staggering. The rest I eat will be staggered.

I've posted this in another thread, but maybe it's better here:

I am als new :) I have agoraphobia and panic disorder. Also depression for more than 10 years now. After taking various antidepressants with horrible side effects,I am now stuck with Pregabalin 200mg, 2-3 times a week (I am rather satisfied, that I don't have to take this daily..). It works very well for anxiety and a little for depression. However, I have the feeling that it makes my teeth very sensitive. They also hurt on days I have to take them..sometimes like teeth hurt when having a cold/the flu. Did anyone else experience this and has an explanation? Maybe the gabapentin users, as I understand these two are very similar. Psychiatrist could not give an explanation and I am starting to worry about my teeth8)

Does anyone have an explanation why it could be damaging to teeth?

@Runtoparadise: No, it is not like that at all. My dreams are no more vivid than ever and the pain is there when I take them in the morning and the 2 following days (where I usually have a Pregabalin break). And its's not my jaw, really an toothpain and sometimes the gums hurt too. I have sore gums more often than usual. And teeth hurt when drinking something cold/hot (also not familiar to me..). My enamel also looks thinner (?). Don't really know, but I'm scared as I read something about loosing teeth in this thread yesterday..it was only mentioned that reports like this existed but Ithought maybe someone here noticed problems with teeth/gums

Slow_Mobius: No..sorry that isn't it. I have been to a dentist twice the last six months. First time for a check-up.. Everything was fine, no cavities he said. When they started getting sensitive I went again. He said that it was fine and then I mentioned that I am taking pharamaceutical drug against anxiety/depression. He only said that they produced a dry mouth and I should drink more. Maybe it's just me, but he did sound a little annoyed then:|. Anyway, I do not think it is the dry mouth problem. I have this a little on Pregabalin, but I drink water and practically chew gum all the time. My psychiatrist isn't even aware of alle the side effects it has, I researched it myself but I found no side effect regarding teeth and only recently stumbled over this thread, where it was mentioned two times I think.