• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I'm in Ontario Canada and I can just order pregabalin,gabapentin,excitolam...no sure spelling from known chemical research site here and 30 gram powder arrives in 2 days. I decided to take the pregabalin route while I'm tapering off klonopin. I just dont know how to measure properly. I just put some powder on tip of butter knife 3 times daily and nasty klonopin psychosis and crazy thoughts of my life in the past are gone. These horror stories of Lyrica dts are scaring me now. I was always looking for a magical formula to ease these these klonopin hell. 42 days of no sleep and slowly crawling up my spine from starting in sciatica 1st. I've been on 8 to 10 mg of klonopin for 6 years plus the odd valium small script I get a month. I've tried it all beleive me.....kratom,herbal remedies ,vitamins,good food,gaba,valerian,b complex,exersise. Tried methocarbanol ,no stimulants and now I'm using pregabalin and I'm down to 4mgs a day. What a mess if this pregabalin dt stories.

I decided to take 20mg of oxycodone because it's a first choice of mine. Is Lyrica and oxy a good combination, if not how long should I wait in between taking the two?

Lyrica is an absolute god send for nerve pain. I got into an accident and it has helped the nerves heal, stopped the constant tingling and pins and needles, and cut down on a majority of the neuropathic pain, all at only 100mg! I would take more but I'm taking rx-ed benzos/soma for muscle spasms.

I used to take 100-300mg combines with clonazepam for anxiety issues which caused more problems in the long run than worth it for the relief the synergistic combo provided. However, for its main use (neuropathic pain), it is invaluable. I can't wait until it goes generic.

I decided to take 20mg of oxycodone because it's a first choice of mine. Is Lyrica and oxy a good combination, if not how long should I wait in between taking the two?

That's mixing CNS depressants. Consider it the same as mixing opiates with benzos. Potentially very dangerous. I don't recommend doing it for HR purposes but if you do make sure to use only a very low dose of the oxy. I also recommend using pregabalin on its own first so you know what it's like and how you react to it outside of a combo.

If you want to make sure you're not overlapping (smart idea) wait a day to be safe. I always find pregabalin has after effects for about 12 hours after the primary effects have worn off but the next day shouldn't interact too much. Pregabalin only has six hours half-life.

I'm in Ontario Canada and I can just order pregabalin,gabapentin,excitolam...no sure spelling from known chemical research site here and 30 gram powder arrives in 2 days. I decided to take the pregabalin route while I'm tapering off klonopin. I just dont know how to measure properly. I just put some powder on tip of butter knife 3 times daily and nasty klonopin psychosis and crazy thoughts of my life in the past are gone. These horror stories of Lyrica dts are scaring me now. I was always looking for a magical formula to ease these these klonopin hell. 42 days of no sleep and slowly crawling up my spine from starting in sciatica 1st. I've been on 8 to 10 mg of klonopin for 6 years plus the odd valium small script I get a month. I've tried it all beleive me.....kratom,herbal remedies ,vitamins,good food,gaba,valerian,b complex,exersise. Tried methocarbanol ,no stimulants and now I'm using pregabalin and I'm down to 4mgs a day. What a mess if this pregabalin dt stories.
So anyone gimmee a tip on my 5yrs vs. dosage vs. exact combo vs. nightmare stories. 8mg klonopin clonazepam 5yrs+Tried detoxing acutely and made it to day 42 with no sleep and a pipe coming out of my spinal mid section.Now I have a 10 gram bag of pregabelin from chem site down the highway from me. I'm hearing the Lyrica and what I got (10gs of lab made generic pregabelin..who know the quality???)has worse dt's than klonopin???? I'm down to 4mgs of klonopin right now. To combat the feeling of being on fire I just scoop a pinch on end of butter knife. I noticed big change in appetite , Which pregabelin is known for. Just scared now though.
I know I'm a greenlighter but any personal stories to tell me what I'm in store for a maybe a better success path to take.
Thanks,
hawk

That's mixing CNS depressants. Consider it the same as mixing opiates with benzos. Potentially very dangerous. I don't recommend doing it for HR purposes but if you do make sure to use only a very low dose of the oxy. I also recommend using pregabalin on its own first so you know what it's like and how you react to it outside of a combo.

If you want to make sure you're not overlapping (smart idea) wait a day to be safe. I always find pregabalin has after effects for about 12 hours after the primary effects have worn off but the next day shouldn't interact too much. Pregabalin only has six hours half-life.

I decided not to take the Lyrica because of this. I had already dosed a 20mg oxycodone pill, so it was too late to alter the dose and it wasn't really "low" to me. So thank you for the helpful advice! I always try to ask for an opinion as well as doing internet research..

Anyways, I decided to take the Lyrica tonight. Dosed 300mg around 10:30, haven't taken anything else today besides a few bong rips of weed. When should I be expecting minimal effects? Really don't want to be up all night as I have school. This is my first time recreationally using it. Might take another 100mg soon.

Update; it's after midnight now. I took another 200mg a few minutes ago. I'm not really noticing anything either, but my roomate who took some Gabapentin is passed the f*ck out.

Last edited:
I decided not to take the Lyrica because of this. I had already dosed a 20mg oxycodone pill, so it was too late to alter the dose and it wasn't really "low" to me. So thank you for the helpful advice! I always try to ask for an opinion as well as doing internet research..

Anyways, I decided to take the Lyrica tonight. Dosed 300mg around 10:30, haven't taken anything else today besides a few bong rips of weed. When should I be expecting minimal effects? Really don't want to be up all night as I have school. This is my first time recreationally using it. Might take another 100mg soon.

Update; it's after midnight now. I took another 200mg a few minutes ago. I'm not really noticing anything either, but my roomate who took some Gabapentin is passed the f*ck out.

At this point you will probably feel mashed when you wake up. That's what happens to me when I take pregabalin at night. You'll wake up a bit dizzy, body will feel nice, mood lifted, feeling relaxed.

Cannabliss, I have a high tolerance to anything medicinal apparently, - now don't do as I do, but just saying I've been prescribed pregabalin (600mg) + oxycontin (200mg), at the same time. Drs think it's safe... But that's just me m'k?

It's been perfectly safe for me since day one. HR reasons though, pls don't try these amounts.

Hawk,- don't overestimate what may happen coming off pregabalin.

I started with Gabapentin, paid a shitload for it monthly, 2400mg daily in split doses, then I thought this is just not helping anymore after a cpl of yrs.

My script ran out, I didn't bother to refill, & no probs at all.

A few months later, lyrica came onto the pbs, I told my GP my PM doc thought I'd developed a tolerance to Gabapentin & I should switch to lyrica. Little did either of them know of had months off.

Started at 150 twice a day, upped to 600mg. And I truly have no prob when I don't take it.

At times I won't take it for several weeks, nothing bad happens,- to me anyhow. Don't let other ppls experiences scare you.

Good on you for getting off the kpins!

Rtp

At this point you will probably feel mashed when you wake up. That's what happens to me when I take pregabalin at night. You'll wake up a bit dizzy, body will feel nice, mood lifted, feeling relaxed.

It's 6:45 in the morning and sure enough, I'm feeling off. I opened my eyes and just looked around and my body just feels like it's on a first plateau DXM trip. I almost fell over standing up, and walking seems more difficult than it should be. It feels really trippy honestly. It's a great feeling. I was tempted to take a few as a booster to keep the feeling going throughout the day, but decided not to.
Oh, I smoked some resin to increase the euphoria/body high. It worked too well. Let's see how I can get through my classes today...

Cannabliss, I have a high tolerance to anything medicinal apparently, - now don't do as I do, but just saying I've been prescribed pregabalin (600mg) + oxycontin (200mg), at the same time. Drs think it's safe... But that's just me m'k?

It's been perfectly safe for me since day one. HR reasons though, pls don't try these amounts.

Hawk,- don't overestimate what may happen coming off pregabalin.

I started with Gabapentin, paid a shitload for it monthly, 2400mg daily in split doses, then I thought this is just not helping anymore after a cpl of yrs.

My script ran out, I didn't bother to refill, & no probs at all.

A few months later, lyrica came onto the pbs, I told my GP my PM doc thought I'd developed a tolerance to Gabapentin & I should switch to lyrica. Little did either of them know of had months off.

Started at 150 twice a day, upped to 600mg. And I truly have no prob when I don't take it.

At times I won't take it for several weeks, nothing bad happens,- to me anyhow. Don't let other ppls experiences scare you.

Good on you for getting off the kpins!

Rtp

Thanks for the advice. I get 30gram bags of pregabelin with no rx here in canada. I can't wait to hit 90 days with no klonopins. Then I'm gonna measure out my pregabelin doses and wind them down. Wonder how the quality of the noname brand chem site pregabelin is????? I get the side affects. I can eat like a pig for one its crazy. I get tonnes of energey and can stay up all nite. Only downfall is I think that it's interfering with my libido.............anyone????

It's 6:45 in the morning and sure enough, I'm feeling off. I opened my eyes and just looked around and my body just feels like it's on a first plateau DXM trip. I almost fell over standing up, and walking seems more difficult than it should be. It feels really trippy honestly. It's a great feeling. I was tempted to take a few as a booster to keep the feeling going throughout the day, but decided not to.
Oh, I smoked some resin to increase the euphoria/body high. It worked too well. Let's see how I can get through my classes today...

Told you. Nice way to wake up ain't it? And yeah it is surprisingly trippy. If you close your eyes on a high enough dose you should get CEVs too, at least that happens to me especially if weed is added to the mix.

Told you. Nice way to wake up ain't it? And yeah it is surprisingly trippy. If you close your eyes on a high enough dose you should get CEVs too, at least that happens to me especially if weed is added to the mix.

Oh it was great. But the trippy feeling didn't last very long. Maybe because I was coming down from the resin so the Lyrica went away too. I kept stumbling over myself, hahaha. It's weird though because I took 600mg yesterday and didn't feel a thing, but my balance was really off and it just felt... weird. Why didn't I feel anything? I think I'll wait a few days to dose again.

Oh it was great. But the trippy feeling didn't last very long. Maybe because I was coming down from the resin so the Lyrica went away too. I kept stumbling over myself, hahaha. It's weird though because I took 600mg yesterday and didn't feel a thing, but my balance was really off and it just felt... weird. Why didn't I feel anything? I think I'll wait a few days to dose again.

Tolerance skyrockets very quickly. Wait about a week before you dose again and it should be mostly reset.

I don't find any tolerance to pregabalin. But then again, I don't take it every day. More as a prn med, which others find strange.

Even so, maybe every second day...I use it for leg pains, when it feels like I have shooting pains through my leg bones.

Stacking works well if you don't have to drive or be anywhere. I, liked others, typically find the onset to be around an hr & 1/2 . Once I get the feels I add another 4-600mg.

Above that I just black out, & Ive heard some pretty funny stories of grown men hitting the concrete like a cardboard cutout after large doses.

So, IME tolerance never builds

Rtp

^yeah that's pretty much my experience too RTP. I've been on 300mgs per day on average for 12months, once you've been on it for a while, 300mgs becomes baseline. My Father in law is a paraplegic, he's prescribed 300mgs morning and night for a total of 600mgs a day and it no longer has those wobbly effects perhaps a little peripheral fuzz but otherwise baseline. Well I'll take 600mgs on top of my usual 300, so 900mgs for a bit of mong time on Pregabalin. For me it takes 2hrs before I feels.

Pregabalin gives me prettu bad headaches I have noticed. Going to try to go down to 75mg x 2.
Currently taking 150x2.

I have a horrible headache at this very time. I took 150 mg Lyrica last night and followed it several hours later with 300 mg gabapentin. I was trying to go a long time between oxycodone doses and I was at 15 hours without oxy when I took the Lyrica. I believe the headache came from the Lyrica, as it started early this morning, and continued to increase in in intensity. By early afternoon, I felt I had to take the oxy, along with aspirin, and generic midrin (prescribed for migraine and/or tension headaches) and the headache is still here. This is not the first time Lyrica has given me a headache.

what is a script costing here in the states of Lyrica? I am thinking I am going to make the switch; I have Mass Health Insurance - they are great. I pay $3.50 to fill my script of 56/bupe/mo and $0 to fill my 3 month scripts of gabapentin and keppra.

Yes grass intensifies both thc and pregabelin highs at same time lasting quite long and fun.
Seriously though guys any advice on my pregabelin route to ditch killer clonazepams.Pregabelin has been making me high everyday with no anxiety and weened to half klonopin dose from 8mg to 4mg and no nerver pain 5 days so far!!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
hawk