• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Using Lyrica for fun is fine as long as you know how to do it responsibly. Don't use it daily if you're not prescribed, keep your use to once or twice a week and you will never have a problem. Daily use causes diminishing returns on the recreational effects very quickly anyway.

Wilson Wilson, I agree that the Dr did s very irresponsible thing by pulling me off them all at once! I was on the verge of seizures and I could've died. Luckily, I pulled through and stayed off everything except the Klonopin once it was prescribed again.

I read conflicting reports on this one,but general agreement seems to be that the effects are quite recreational,although tolerance develops very fast.
Are the effects more mdma like or more opiate like?or somewhere in between?

I wouldn't liken it to MDMA at all, IMO. More like a mix of an opiate and a benzo for me.

Wilson Wilson, I agree that the Dr did s very irresponsible thing by pulling me off them all at once! I was on the verge of seizures and I could've died. Luckily, I pulled through and stayed off everything except the Klonopin once it was prescribed again.

Seriously that's a fucking terrible doctor. I expect ignorance when it comes to pregabalin but taking someone off benzos without a taper? How can a doctor not know how important a taper is for benzodiazepines?

I actually got 2!!!! I've been on Lyrica since November of 2015 and I started noticing the teeth issue in Jan.

Seriously that's a fucking terrible doctor. I expect ignorance when it comes to pregabalin but taking someone off benzos without a taper? How can a doctor not know how important a taper is for benzodiazepines?

Yeah, needless to say, I found a different Dr after that fiasco. My new Dr was also totally shocked by what the other Dr had done.

I am just high enough to chime in on a mega thread devoted to a pretty damn good GABAergic. I can't afford Lyrica anymore but it used to be the anti anxiety med of my choice. Phenibut is an Ok substitute because I need such things to make my benzo Rx go farther. I fucking love Lyrica.

Did I read somewhere that it tickles your THC receptors?

No, his kpin helped. Though yes, his dr didn't have the knowledge to help him.

It's an all to familiar story, unfortunately, - benzos & opiates are now outdated.

Rtp

lous76: Almost same here..I started in October 2015 and also noticed the issue in January. Have not been taking it for almost a week now. My teeth still feel pretty sensitive, but all in all a little better. Dentist told me some bs that meds don't affect the enamel of teeth. I really disagree:!

Are you sure the teeth thing isn't from your gums? Because the gums can have pretty sensitive nerves and pregabalin numbs the response from them. It makes sense that you get rebound pain coming from coming off it.

I'm pretty sure. I know about the rebound thing, too. I have that with headaches. Have you ever had sensitive teeth, which react to cold/hot/sugary food or drinks? You can pretty much distinguish that from pain in your gums. My gums sometimes hurt as well because of inflammation. But, as said, that is a different kind of pain.

I ask because I often feel my teeth hurting the day after I use stims, for example, but I feel my jaw and I know it's because I was gurning too much. And when I use magnesium this stops. But at first I could have sworn it was my teeth, it very much felt like it was.

If it's sensitivity from certain foods perhaps it really is the teeth, I am just throwing out guesses.

Wilson Wilson: That's ok;). I certainly did a lot of thinking about this topic. I agree with the stims, but with lyrica the magnesium does not help. So I was one week without Lyrica and my teeth really got better regarding sensitivity. At day 5 they almost were not sensitive at all.Today I took it again and it was as always..teeth hurt and are super sensitive:!. And I got a weird inflammation "spot" on one side of my cheek. Almost no euphoria today but as usual helped great with my anxiety..I really don't know how to proceed:?. I don't want to take it for too long anymore..

Do you have a script? If so ask your doctor, see what they say. That is an interesting side effect.

Yes, I do. However, I have already asked my psychiatrist and he does not really know (he even had to look up the common side effects on his computer8)). My dentist said that medication in general does not affect teeth that much which I think is bs.. I don't have much luck with doctors here unfortunately.

Not surprised. I was told by a psychiatrist that pregabalin is non-addictive and he was happy to give me as much as I wanted, encouraging me to up my dose every time I visited him. But he was very cautious with benzos, telling me how addictive they are. Ironically I found that I developed dependence to pregabalin much faster than any benzo, even the weird RCs. It really takes even psychiatrists a while to catch up with what all these new drugs are actually like.

Sorry to hear that:(. At least my psychiatrist warned me about the addictiveness so I ended up taking them only 2-3 times a week. But of course I would never ever get a restricted amount of benzos prescribed because they are the evil8) (don't get me wrong, I know they are addictive, I once almost fell into that trap but had I not been that cautious with lyrica, it would be exactly the same..).

This is the thing man, I did my own research so knew it was addictive and I said no when my psychiatrist kept trying to up my dose. Still I had withdrawals after only being on pregabalin for a month.

Never had withdrawal from benzos because I keep them strictly PRN, never daily use. But from what you said it sounds like Germany is the same as the UK: the doctors are all on about how benzos are evil. How can they hand out pregabalin without restriction but talk shit about benzos? I would go as far as to say pregabalin is WORSE than benzos for dependence.

Such a shame because I know for a fact clonazepam treats my anxiety better than any other medication I have tried including other benzos. But I also know I will never get a script for clonazepam because the system hates it. I am forced to use the black market to obtain effective medication for my diagnosed medical condition. Shit's fucked up mate.

I came off cold turkey. It was awful. But I was on 4 different meds at the time and I came off all of them at the same time!! I was on Lyrica, Norco, Robaxin, and Klonopin. Talk about hell on earth!! Fortunately, after about 7 days of being VERY sick, my Dr prescribed me Klonopin again and that helped a lot with WD's.

I can't even imagine the hell that would be. I was off temazepam a year before I decided to come off lyrica and that sucked even with a taper.