• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Ok so a new user here, but was opioid and benzo dependant for 7 years, a bunch of snowboarding/skating injuries finally got to me by 30.. PM Drs pumped me all the way up to 4 80OCs (eventually OPs, meh), and 240 30 Roxy and 120 15mg oxy a month.. Well granted I was dating the RN he liked but even after I broke up with her always gave me extra shit for no reason. Anyway long story short I tapered myself and used the RDD in Michigan to get off everything. It worked well. Was 100% about 6 weeks later and out for the worst of the WD.. Well after 2 years clean circumstances occurred and I relapsed and went on a 2 month 270mg roxy down to 160mg of OP80s the last week.. Well started going into WD, got some tramadol and took about 300 mg once or twice a day for 4 days. Tapered down to 150 last day. I got a RX or Lyrica. Day one off 150mg felt that great buzz and all WD went away. Also I have a high benzo tolerance, been on them for 11 years and I can take 3mg IR and not notice. My question is how long can I take the Lyrica without having to WD from that. It has been 8 days since last OP and 4 days since last tramadol. Right now taking 300mg every 12 hours and no WD symptoms. This is day 4 on Lyrica with Tramadol being the last opiate 4 days ago. Just looking to get clean again and any help would be appreciated. Scoured pages of thread but couldn't find a specific answer. I was thinking 5-8 days at this dose then 2-4 days at half or less. Would I get any WD symptoms from it? Any experience appreciated.

I can't get high off gabapentin! What am I doing wrong?

i took about 10 x800 mg tablets and I took about 6 lyricas. And I'm not high or anything. What's wrong with me. I've also been taking gabapentin as prescribed for years. Do you get a tolerance?

yes, once the tolerance is there you no longer get the same feeling, which is why they tell you to take it every other day.

even w/ a tolerance I still think I feel "better" on gaba, even at my 1600/MG dose. I took 3200/MG today and felt great! its not a HIGH but just an overall "sense of well being" lol

Beware anyone taking this stuff. I took it recretionally, and I am now addicted. I didn't take it daily, thinking it worked like a short acting benzo, but it stays in your system, and if you do it more than once a week, you are on the way to getting hooked.
I have permanent diarrhoea, and we are talking the kind that you do in your sleep, which isn't a very nice way to wake up at 6am
The headaches are terrible and not to mention the depression and anxiety.
I took it because I was sick of being in a bad mood, and i didn't feel like the sober life was working for me, because of my moods, so I self prescribed and now I am tied to them. If I miss a dose, i know about it.
If this post helps just one person change their mind about doing this drug, then it has helped someone.

This is what I would recommend for you:

1) 3 grams Valerian capsules 3 times a day
2) L-orenthinine & L-arginine combo 4-6 3 times a day.
3) DLPA 2 capsules 3 times a day.

Taken with a good diet - mostly fruit and nourishing/non-toxic food. This should let you wean off very quick without discomfort. Good luck.

This is what I would recommend for you:

1) 3 grams Valerian capsules 3 times a day
2) L-orenthinine & L-arginine combo 4-6 3 times a day.
3) DLPA 2 capsules 3 times a day.

Taken with a good diet - mostly fruit and nourishing/non-toxic food. This should let you wean off very quick without discomfort. Good luck.

And taper, taper and taper basically treat it like a benzo and go slow. What dosage were you taking anyway?

I did about a 4 month taper when I came off. I was on it daily for 3 years, 150mg the first year and 200-300mg the last two. I made the mistake of dropping too fast when I first started and it caused a lot of physical pain, much worse than went through benzo w/d a year before. When I finally jumped I was at 12-13mg.

Also "Gotu Kola" has helped some people with lyrica w/d but I didn't really notice much of a difference the few times that I tried it.

Tolerance builds faster than any drug I have known.
Also, there are reports out there of people who have had bad reactions to neurontin, lyricas poor cousin, and there was even a court case, as the makers of neurontin didn't own up about the suicidal depression and horrible side effect in some users.
I started getting bad side effects when my dose crept upto the 300-450mg range.

a court case where they didnt own up? how do u know it was only the neruotin, tho? couldnt be anything else making that person think things like that besides neurotin? what were your bad side effects? I take a hefty dose, so no worries on my side.

today I took about 3200MG of neurotin and felt BETTER than good all day.

I have a decent Benzo and opiate tolerance and I too 300 mg of lyrica and It made me feel a little drunk and very easy going and I seemed to enjoy something a little more. I took it at 7pm by 10:30 I was out like a light I also took 2mg of klonopin but I woke up at 5am and 7 am totally dizzy and out of it. I then woke up late for work at 930 and as I was driving it felt like I took about 5 shots of booze and took a couple hits of weed. I didn't realize it lasted so Long. When I closed my eye it was like I was seeing visions. Very interesting drug. I used the higher dose to take a night off my prescribed Oxy so I could Have a bowel movement.

Does anyone have a script to both Lyrica and Gabapentin at the same time? I managed to get one from one doctor and one from another. I have taken them both so much, that I take one or the other based on my mood. I do agree that the Lyrica wins and if you like them both like I do, it's a pain in the ass if you cycle them too quick. There are other reasons as well.

I am def. going to try and get my script moved over to Lyrica once I go see my neurologist in December. they mention that its typically not covered, which would suck, but i have a great insurance and I THINK they would surly cover it; I asked my Dr./Nurse over email but neither have returned any info.

we'll see but I'd like to get some Lyrica; right now I am gabapentin or Phenibut; sometimes I take both in the same day/night (6AM and 6PM).

From what i read Pregabalin is not gabaergic and effects glutamate and norepinephrine transmission. Although an intoxication does occur the moodlift with lyrica is much stronger than benzos and on parr with opioids. You don't have to enjoy benzodiazepines(i find them boring unless potentiating opioids) to enjoy lyrica. The biggest problem with lyrica is tolerance, after 1 day i'll need up to 2 grams to get anywhere, maybe i've a natural tolerance though. Imo the guideline dosages are a fucking joke, 2 75mg caps a day lmao, in the states some get 1 50mg cap. Not even perceivable AT ALL at these doses. For those noobies curious to try, don't bother with anything less than 300mg, i think the majority will probably need more.

Pregabelin Measuring and combos

From what i read Pregabalin is not gabaergic and effects glutamate and norepinephrine transmission. Although an intoxication does occur the moodlift with lyrica is much stronger than benzos and on parr with opioids. You don't have to enjoy benzodiazepines(i find them boring unless potentiating opioids) to enjoy lyrica. The biggest problem with lyrica is tolerance, after 1 day i'll need up to 2 grams to get anywhere, maybe i've a natural tolerance though. Imo the guideline dosages are a fucking joke, 2 75mg caps a day lmao, in the states some get 1 50mg cap. Not even perceivable AT ALL at these doses. For those noobies curious to try, don't bother with anything less than 300mg, i think the majority will probably need more.
In Canada pregabelin is not controlled as well as many otc codeine prodructs "That Do Not Contain Caffeine". I'm prescribed generic pregabelin 75mg caps. I found the best combo for me is 6 75mg caps and smoke thc will give you the best giddy feeling combo compared to any of other mentioned combos. That was my initial dose as far as tolerance is concerned(which instantly builds after 1st dose after 20 day abstinence). I was so perma smiled and giddy after a few joints and 6 75mg caps. I went to leave my apartment and show my brother in law the way out to the parking lot. On the way down the elevator must have hit button 4 instead of 1. We left the elevator thinking it was the 1st but it was the 4th. Every floor is identical so just walking around to the back of the floor is usually the back doors to the parking. We walked around the fourth floor literally for 15 mins until my bro in law got mad and said" It's your damn apt and you don't even know how to leave. I said lets split up and I went around the corner and saw 4 marked on elevator. I crumbled in un controllable laughter. (You know the laughter you got when you were young on mushrooms or other things that could paste a perma smile associated with laughing at a rock on the ground).
I quickly ran to find my bro in law and hit the ground laughing uncontrollably telling him it was the 4th floor. I haven't laughed this hard since it was a teenager and I could definitely feel the pregabelin and the thc just blew it into perma smile mode.I would say the THC is the best combo with pregabelin compared to what you are trying above mentioned especially booze which I never combine with pills. Booze is the deadliest organ killer out there.
In Canada you order pregabelin up to 30grams from known chemical sites and it will be at your door in 2 days.
Today I'm taking Mersydol(425 acetaminophen,10 mgs codeine phosphate and 5mg (doxylamine succinate)the sleep aid which is only sleep ingredient with succinate in canada). The others like unisom,sleepeze,etc have a terrible ingredient which triggers unstopable restless legs you have ride out in horror.
I use CWE for 20 Mersyndol tabs giving slightly 200mgs codeine phosphate plus most likely the succinate which actually helps anxiety with no restless legs at all.
The problem for me is I have a 10 gram bag of pregabelin and don't know how to measure the mgs. I use a butter knife and scope up a little mound on the tip of the knife. I also took 4mgs of klonopin. I have a great active buzz with no worries and tonnes of motivation.
This is my third day of my pregabelin and just a little worried about the quantity of pregabelin intake which I don't know how to measure properly especially if I start a weaning process. Anyway I feel like a million bucks but good ol THC is the best combo of constant laughter I haven't experienced in 20 yrs. I haven't tried the naproxen yet. I only based my butter knife scoop on what I scraped with a card from 10 75mg pregabelin caps powder.
Any tips on how to measure doses from a 10 gram mound of pregabelin powder which is uncontrolled in Canada.

Personally I easily feel this stuff at 150-300mg assuming no tolerance. But like others said tolerance builds quick and once it does you're talking much higher doses to get a recreational or even medical effect (for anxiety) and the withdrawal is no joke. I was scripted 150-300mg a day. When I got off it I tapered quick but used benzos when I stopped the pregabalin and those helped a lot especially with the insomnia and rebound anxiety.

Getting a script for this in the UK is almost as easy as getting SSRIs, for some reason the NHS hands this out no problem but hates scripting benzos. Pregabalin is much more abusable than benzos as far as I'm concerned. Possible more addictive too due to rapid tolerance and dependence buildup with similar withdrawals at the end of it.

Worth trying as a rare treat just don't make a habit of it. You want to avoid the wd trust.

How good is Lyrica when used recreationally? What about it makes you feel any good effects from the drug? Someone I know gets prescribed a 3 month supply of Lyrica at a time but refuses to take it because it doesn't ease their pain at all.

With this being said, what is a good first time dose for someone with no tolerance?

How good is Lyrica when used recreationally? What about it makes you feel any good effects from the drug? Someone I know gets prescribed a 3 month supply of Lyrica at a time but refuses to take it because it doesn't ease their pain at all.

With this being said, what is a good first time dose for someone with no tolerance?

It feels like benzos but with a body high similar to opiates and a head high similar to being very stoned. Decent stuff. Numbs your body almost like coke too.

Good recreational dose for the first time would be 300mg. If you want to be more cautious start off taking 150mg, wait a few hours, then take another 150mg if the first dose isn't doing anything for you. Keep in mind pregabalin does take a few hours to kick in.

It feels like benzos but with a body high similar to opiates and a head high similar to being very stoned. Decent stuff. Numbs your body almost like coke too.

Good recreational dose for the first time would be 300mg. If you want to be more cautious start off taking 150mg, wait a few hours, then take another 150mg if the first dose isn't doing anything for you. Keep in mind pregabalin does take a few hours to kick in.

Thank you for this. Is there anything I can take to decrease the waiting time? I'm gonna start off with a middle dose of 200mg. How long should I be expecting to be high?

Thank you for this. Is there anything I can take to decrease the waiting time? I'm gonna start off with a middle dose of 200mg. How long should I be expecting to be high?

Not that I know of, you just have to wait it out. 200mg seems like a sensible dose. Expect to be high for 3-5 hours.