• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The last days of MXE

Gave me two separate manic episodes where I stripped my clothes and tried to fight someone. Don’t remember a thing. This from snorting maybe 60mg tops. I’d say I was aiming for 30-40mg and I don’t know why but these episodes lasted around 6 hours. I’ll never touch the stuff again, most out of my mind I’ve ever been. And that’s coming from a person who dropped 4mg of 25iNBOMe at the tail end of a 3 day long APVP binge of around 7 grams between 3 people. I was already seeing shit before the NBOMe and continued to hit the APVP while the come up started. Saw my bearded dragon literally start floating around it’s cage and decided I probably need to calm down 😂

MXE lasted way longer for me too with a big dose.

Even nitrous seems to do this.

My understanding is that ion channel coupled receptors, such as NMDA receptors, are slower to reset to baseline than G protein coupled receptors like serotonin receptors, dopamine receptors, opioid receptors and GABA receptors. Maybe this property confers a bigger increase in duration with bigger doses, as compared to most other drug types?

Just speculating here. (<- This is sort of a tiresome addition, but probably under-used nevertheless)

Actually i think i read that thing about the respective receptor classes here on bluelight. Maybe in this thread.

I have the good fortune of being gifted with some old school MXE. I'm so happy. :) It kicked my ass last night with a 30mg nasal dose, which surprised the shit out of me since the same dose the last time I did it was just a light social buzz.

I have the good fortune of being gifted with some old school MXE. I'm so happy. :) It kicked my ass last night with a 30mg nasal dose, which surprised the shit out of me since the same dose the last time I did it was just a light social buzz.
MXE is a strange beast ....sometimes 125mg would not put into the hole and once at a party 50mg put me unexpectedly into a hole while I was smoking a cigarette on my friends front porch while friends were walking up to say hi and was unable to respond lol....I'm.very VERY glad to hear that MXE DOES NOT seem to loose its Magick....it's just disso tolorance, set and setting and also a roll of the dice as MXE effects at the same dose seem to be somewhat random....o-pce is sort of similar in that I usually dose 50mg rectslly but it doesn't always put me into a proper hole....most if the time yes but last time I plugged 60mg and zero hole...dossos ARE strange lol.
You're probably one of a handful of people left on earth with old school MXE ....I'm very happy it's lifted its skirt to show you her goods lol.

Gave me two separate manic episodes where I stripped my clothes and tried to fight someone. Don’t remember a thing. This from snorting maybe 60mg tops. I’d say I was aiming for 30-40mg and I don’t know why but these episodes lasted around 6 hours. I’ll never touch the stuff again, most out of my mind I’ve ever been. And that’s coming from a person who dropped 4mg of 25iNBOMe at the tail end of a 3 day long APVP binge of around 7 grams between 3 people. I was already seeing shit before the NBOMe and continued to hit the APVP while the come up started. Saw my bearded dragon literally start floating around it’s cage and decided I probably need to calm down 😂
I would think the α-PVP would actually work against the 25I-NBOMe. Regardless, IME the three drugs, 2C-I, DOI, and 25I-NBOMe all have insanely detailed, gorgeous visuals. Stims tend to preclude me from tripping.

Define "old school MXE", por favor. Is this from a stash that was kept untouched for several years or a new source potentially with a fresh batch of "old school MXE"?

I would think the α-PVP would actually work against the 25I-NBOMe. Regardless, IME the three drugs, 2C-I, DOI, and 25I-NBOMe all have insanely detailed, gorgeous visuals. Stims tend to preclude me from tripping.

Define "old school MXE", por favor. Is this from a stash that was kept untouched for several years or a new source potentially with a fresh batch of "old school MXE"?
It wasn’t the stimulation that was aiding the hallucinations. It was the fact I had been awake for 3 days straight fiendishly smoking a strong stim. With zero food and basically sweating more water than I could drink. APVP in particular have you a crazy head space after 3 days. It’s almost psychedelic in a way but most would call it dysphoric. It was a world I had grown accustom to, shadow people and hearing noises that really weren’t there. It’s rather blah feeling tho because at point your dopamine is depleted and I figured I could handle it. I’ve used MXE plenty of times in this situation as well with very wonky results

I was lucky enough to snag a gram of old school last month and sure enough I tried it the day it showed up. That experience was pretty meh. Same deal when I had some back in 2019 from "2C-EF guy". Dissociatives aren't really my jam anymore and I it progressively becomes more difficult to relate to my past experiences with them. I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing using so much MXE in 2015-16. Don't get me wrong it's a fun drug, but I don't see how I was on it basically every day for long periods of time. Water under the bridge but it still doesn't make sense.

Anyways it's pretty chill that I'm actually capable of holding MXE these days without thinking about it 24/7. I keep slipping up on my gastritis diet so as a little milestone I plugged 30mg MXE today. Gonna put my head down and grind out these next few months and hopefully heal my stomach. Plugged 30mg and was walking my dog on the come up and I was getting the MXE nostalgia. I've been taking NAD boosters and it seems to make it more crisp if anything, or maybe its the caffeine. The last time I took it my head felt way too cloudy and I hated it.

Edit: Yeah it's official. I just don't enjoy high or even medium doses of dissociatives anymore, not even remotely.

Last edited:
Well hey, if you had a problem before, that's probably a good thing, right?

I

I started to IV it fairly early on and that was freaking amazing. Does anyone else TASTE methoxetamine when they IV'd it? To me the taste of IV methoxetamine is like cotton candy blooming inside your taste buds. I was IV'ing pharmaceutical ketamine injection solution for awhile in 2013 and the flavor that developed after doing a shot of K was very similar.
I mostly IVed my MXE. I remember that taste you get in the back of your mouth when you IV it. I had never experienced this with another drug and IVed alot of different shit.

The taste was more like a hospital smells I would describe it. But after being thrown into another dimension 20 seconds later I didn't even know what taste was.

Had a nice experience plugging 7mgs near the end of January. Think it def helped me through my month long thc break that I started a few days later.
Saving the rest to mix with some 2c-b and 2c-p. Used to like plugging and snorting multiple small doses of mxe+2c-b and/or 2c-p throughout the day. I made sure to be really careful when redosing to 2c-p.
Yeah, I was just thinking that combining a little 2C-B-FLY might be nice. I find 2C-B-FLY to be annoyingly anxious during the long come-up (at least when taken orally) and could see MXE smoothing it out nicely.

I also find 2C-B-fly to take a while to get past the edgy feeling, usually anyway (other times it's smooth the whole time). MXE is fantastic for a launching pad for psychs, it potentiates them but also reduces the bodyload and discomfort of transition

Is there even such 'evidence' of dangers, what probably means deaths, to support listing MXE? Its safety window is huge, take too much and you'll just sleep a while. One person shot MDAI and MXE and died but that was grams of them if I'm not wrong now.