• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The last days of MXE

Of course not, to them, the fact it gets you high is dangerous. It's less dangerous than many of the dissociatives and no more dangerous than any other one. People should have the freedom to choose what to put in their bodies.

Perhaps some pharma big wig paid them off to schedule it? To ensure ketamine is the only disso used in treating depression? Sounds like something the DEA would do. MXE has enormous medical potential and so throwing it into schedule 1 instead of 2 and 3 like PCP and ketamine stinks of shady insider trading.

To ensure ketamine is the only disso used in treating depression? Sounds like something the DEA would do. MXE has enormous medical potential a
Oh yeah @ both @Xorkoth and @Cream Gravy?.
MXE blows ketamine out of the water in almost every other context than anesthesia. Make a low-dosed retard capsule (similar to Concerta, maybe 15mg) and therapy resistent/suicidal depression is a thing of the past. Dissociatives are so fucking effective against any negative thoughts.. I only realize this now that I'm out of dissociatives, that I've lived for years without much depressive stuff. Just with some/many? this is coupled to mania induction. MXE was less addicting and manic to me than e.g. deschloroketamine and it was as safe as a powerful drug can be imo. Do you think the FDA/ketamine producers make big $$$ with its new indication as antidepressant? Thought it were mainly the clinics taking most share and for them it wouldn't matter which agent they're using,

Oh yeah @ both @Xorkoth and @Cream Gravy?.
MXE blows ketamine out of the water in almost every other context than anesthesia. Make a low-dosed retard capsule (similar to Concerta, maybe 15mg) and therapy resistent/suicidal depression is a thing of the past. Dissociatives are so fucking effective against any negative thoughts.. I only realize this now that I'm out of dissociatives, that I've lived for years without much depressive stuff. Just with some/many? this is coupled to mania induction. MXE was less addicting and manic to me than e.g. deschloroketamine and it was as safe as a powerful drug can be imo. Do you think the FDA/ketamine producers make big $$$ with its new indication as antidepressant? Thought it were mainly the clinics taking most share and for them it wouldn't matter which agent they're using,

As far as we know these people are big wankers, pant sniffing perv ass morons with their big embarrassing faces and buttholes plastered across the globe.

No need for speculation. They are free to correct us but never do.

I guess they have bio weapons and shit so unsure how to exploit the fact that they are embarrassing little shits. But win, they cannot. They have forsaken it long ago.

Just with some/many? this is coupled to mania induction.

Is mania really that big of a thing on dissociatives? I don't have the experience to really know but I've gotta tell ya, at least almost every account I've ever read of supposed mania induced by dissociatives would not actually meet the medical definition of mania. Pretty much all the accounts of it that I can recall really just sounded like someone who got too high and needed a little longer than normal to come down.

Just curious because I'm not convinced that there being a limit to how much you can use responsibly before you get a little too high should really count as a knock against the drugs' potential as antidepressants either.

Is mania really that big of a thing on dissociatives? I don't have the experience to really know but I've gotta tell ya, at least almost every account I've ever read of supposed mania induced by dissociatives would not actually meet the medical definition of mania. Pretty much all the accounts of it that I can recall really just sounded like someone who got too high and needed a little longer than normal to come down.

Just curious because I'm not convinced that there being a limit to how much you can use responsibly before you get a little too high should really count as a knock against the drugs' potential as antidepressants either.

I think also some people are too unfamiliar with feeling that good, so they navigate clumsily and make irrational decisions. I can imagine that happening. The antidepressant aftermath is a very salient effect.

Maybe mania is just a bit of a jerky ascent into well-being. When you have no default mode structures to accomodate for pleasure and vitality... When hope has died altogether, feeling good can be like a toxin or drug overdose.

I think also some people are too unfamiliar with feeling that good, so they navigate clumsily and make irrational decisions. I can imagine that happening. The antidepressant aftermath is a very salient effect.

Maybe mania is just a bit of a jerky ascent into well-being. When you have no default mode structures to accomodate for pleasure and vitality... When hope has died altogether, feeling good can be like a toxin or drug overdose.

I can definitely understand that concept, but if that's all it is, I don't think people should call it mania, especially if they want dissociatives to be taken seriously as depression treatment options. What you describe is not what is called mania medically, it's again just something maybe like getting higher than anticipated. Real mania is really not about feeling good and it's often incredibly destructive to one's life, it's not a good association to bring to a drug that doesn't deserve it.

I can definitely understand that concept, but if that's all it is, I don't think people should call it mania, especially if they want dissociatives to be taken seriously as depression treatment options. What you describe is not what is called mania medically, it's again just something maybe like getting higher than anticipated. Real mania is really not about feeling good and it's often incredibly destructive to one's life, it's not a good association to bring to a drug that doesn't deserve it.

I understand your point. Often drugs get these destructive jargons around them because of the psychological effects of stigmatization.

I agree that it's not good talk. Blame the jerks in power i say. If drugs weren't associated with trauma and shadows, drug jargon wouldn't be so destructive.

Well, it's not a week-long effect like endogenous mania tends to be, it indeed correlates with drug intake and elimination half life but that's true for some cases of drug induced psychosis as well and everybody calls it psychosis. Besides that, for me, there were all aspects of full-on mania with extended use of deschloroketamine. I spent a fortune on senseless stuff for example, sometimes had megalomaniac thinking like that I couldn't die or achieve whatever I wanted. This doesn't come upon the first use or binge on dissos and not with everyone, it begins as hypomania like when a SSRI hits hard for the first time, and the hypomania is so awesome that I kept dosing and dosing, eventually crossed the threshold to what wasn't controllable anymore and began to compulsively redose.

Part might indeed be that I wasn't prepared to feeling so good. The antidepressant effects are real but memory inhibition is as well with higher dosages and lasts quite some time into sobriety. Wonder if these two are connected.

I still love dissociatives but I'd give anything to go back in time and avoid this 3-year binge incident.

Well, it's not a week-long effect like endogenous mania tends to be, it indeed correlates with drug intake and elimination half life but that's true for some cases of drug induced psychosis as well and everybody calls it psychosis. Besides that, for me, there were all aspects of full-on mania with extended use of deschloroketamine. I spent a fortune on senseless stuff for example, sometimes had megalomaniac thinking like that I couldn't die or achieve whatever I wanted. This doesn't come upon the first use or binge on dissos and not with everyone, it begins as hypomania like when a SSRI hits hard for the first time, and the hypomania is so awesome that I kept dosing and dosing, eventually crossed the threshold to what wasn't controllable anymore and began to compulsively redose.

I still love dissociatives but I'd give anything to go back in time and avoid this incident.

I get what you're saying about psychosis, but I feel like even in the medical community, the concept of psychosis is considered more general in comparison to mania being a more specific kind of thing. That's just my amateur opinion anyway, I may be wrong.

I suppose it just feels hard for me to differentiate that still, like if you're dosing chronically and that's what's causing it. Do we consider amphetamine addicts to be manic? (That's a genuine question, I honestly don't know.) The other thing is just, "mania" is a heavily loaded word in the world of depression treatment. I'm not saying it can't fit dissociative use, just that it should be used with extreme scrutiny, much more than I see in the community of dissociative users at the very least, if one wants them to be taken seriously as that kind of option. I'm not saying your case specifically necessarily doesn't count.

Like I said I don't have much dissociative experience ultimately so I'm really just musing here. I've never even really thought much about their use as antidepressants, it just occurred to me as something that seems like maybe it should be considered more.

I don't mean to pry and you don't have to share but I'm curious about what you actually did in this state beyond what you've said. What you described so far sounds mostly like hypomania to me, although thinking you can't die is relatable. That's far more than I ever hear about it from most people most of the time when it comes to dissociatives though even when they're still calling it mania.

My manic episodes seem to usually last at least around a month from start to finish. They are far more terrifying than fun although there can be something that feels instinctively good about them.

Part might indeed be that I wasn't prepared to feeling so good. The antidepressant effects are real but memory inhibition is as well with higher dosages and lasts quite some time into sobriety. Wonder if these two are connected.

I still love dissociatives but I'd give anything to go back in time and avoid this 3-year binge incident.

They were connected for me at least. I needed to forget what mushrooms had excavated out the recesses of my psyche quite badly, so I could re-reveal everything to myself at a humane pace.

I missed this edit before. This is part of the thing for me, I do feel like there's no reason the antidepressant effects and other psychological effects can't even last long after the high, I'm really just arguing that maybe calling it "mania" is maybe not the best idea except in very specific circumstances where it would clearly qualify as that medically. Again I'm just thinking really about in terms of trying to get them accepted as depression medicines too, I didn't really care that much before when I just thought people were trying to describe how high they were, although I also didn't have as much personal experience to draw from before which now makes me more snobbish about it.

Something that stands out to me is that when people describe this "dissociative-induced mania" it always just seems to come down at some point, which compels me to again think about it like the lasting antidepressant effect wearing off after maybe having been a bit too indulged in in the first place. Mania associated with bipolar disorder doesn't just come down, it crashes hard.

Also I hope it's clear I'm not calling you out for using the term or anything, you just happen to be the person who brought it up here when I had the thought. I've seen plenty of people refer to dissociative-induced mania before.

I think your doubts about the usage of the term here are actually on the right track. What most people refer to when they talk about dissociative-induced-mania would actually be more accurately described as hypomania. A subtle but important difference.

Perhaps some pharma big wig paid them off to schedule it? To ensure ketamine is the only disso used in treating depression? Sounds like something the DEA would do. MXE has enormous medical potential and so throwing it into schedule 1 instead of 2 and 3 like PCP and ketamine stinks of shady insider trading.

They always throw every RC they ban into schedule 1. Basically any drug people abuse, they decide has no medical value and they put it on the highest schedule. It's stupid, but there it is. It's like they don't even consider anything else, people are doing this drug? We don't like that? Schedule 1.

A lot of people experience hypomania which, in binges, can progress to true mania and psychosis, from dissos, yes. Some seem prone to it. Personally I have only experienced hypomania. But I have seen a number of people lose the plot.

I suffer from Bipolar 2 and have never been sent into mania or hypomania by 3-MeO-PCE, ketamine, or DMXE (Apparently near identical to MXE in effect).

In fact, ketamine has actually reduced hypomania for me in the past.

Only disso that has worsened mania for me was DXM cough syrup and that was only when mixed with antidepressants.

I think your doubts about the usage of the term here are actually on the right track. What most people refer to when they talk about dissociative-induced-mania would actually be more accurately described as hypomania. A subtle but important difference.

I appreciate the input. Yeah, that's generally been my feeling, that even if there's something to the idea that dissociatives can induce genuine mania, it seems like most people would actually be using the term to describe hypomania instead. I definitely at least personally almost exclusively encounter people using it to describe something like "feeling like Superman" after the main effects wear off, in their own words. If people are talking about how great they feel in an even relatively rational way, I think there's a good chance they're at the level of hypomania rather than full-blown mania, if even that.

A lot of people experience hypomania which, in binges, can progress to true mania and psychosis, from dissos, yes. Some seem prone to it. Personally I have only experienced hypomania. But I have seen a number of people lose the plot.

Thanks for the perspective. Psychosis I don't doubt at all, and I do get that people experience heavy stimulation, and I'll give you that that's more of an answer to my original question, but I do think the point I've been trying to make about being very picky with the specific terminology with respect to the context of wanting them to be accepted as depression drugs stands.... I get that this is ironic given SSRIs being the standard, but I feel like calling it mania even if it's not exactly the same as bipolar disorder is a bad play by the community because if people think they can induce that kind of manic episode when being used for depression with any frequency, it's definitely going to make them look a lot less appealing, and I kind of just assumed that myself for a long time looking in from the outside simply because people were using the word mania. If the 'mania' they induce is something you can adjust for by simply lowering your dosage, for instance, then that's a very different and far more forgiving situation and calling it mania may be hurting their reputation far more than anticipated. But, like I said, I'm just kind of musing here as a mostly non-user. If they really do cause a bipolar disorder-like syndrome in some people then by all means call it that, but I still think at least some people seem to use the term too liberally.

I suffer from Bipolar 2 and have never been sent into mania or hypomania by 3-MeO-PCE, ketamine, or DMXE (Apparently near identical to MXE in effect).

In fact, ketamine has actually reduced hypomania for me in the past.

Only disso that has worsened mania for me was DXM cough syrup and that was only when mixed with antidepressants.

DXM is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor with high potency, so maybe there's something there. It's a pretty weird drug in general.

I appreciate the response. Honestly, I've wondered about that too because I have also heard of dissociatives being used effectively for bipolar depression too, which is odd if they really cause bipolar-like mania, although not impossible for a drug to do two opposite things depending on how it's used. I personally do think it seems likely that dissociatives at least usually do not cause specifically bipolar-like manic episodes, regardless of what one wants to call the state they do cause. They clearly can fuck someone up with chronic use nonetheless, but they're literally used to model schizophrenia in animals with chronic dosing, so it's not that surprising.

I do think the point I've been trying to make about being very picky with the specific terminology with respect to the context of wanting them to be accepted as depression drugs stands.... I get that this is ironic given SSRIs being the standard, but I feel like calling it mania even if it's not exactly the same as bipolar disorder is a bad play by the community because if people think they can induce that kind of manic episode when being used for depression with any frequency, it's definitely going to make them look a lot less appealing, and I kind of just assumed that myself for a long time looking in from the outside simply because people were using the word mania. If the 'mania' they induce is something you can adjust for by simply lowering your dosage, for instance, then that's a very different and far more forgiving situation and calling it mania may be hurting their reputation far more than anticipated. But, like I said, I'm just kind of musing here as a mostly non-user. If they really do cause a bipolar disorder-like syndrome in some people then by all means call it that, but I still think at least some people seem to use the term too liberally.

I agree 100% with you. At least I know that I have used the term liberally in the past, and that I have said before that I've felt manic using 3-MeO-PCP or MXE when I really meant I was experiencing hypomania and not full blown mania. I've got that feeling of never wanting to go to sleep again because of how good or excited I'm feeling, taking some impulsive decisions, feeling extremely motivated, talktative and optmisitic when using dissociatives, but I agree that does not qualify as a bipolar-like manic episode, and it mostly goes away when I come down from the drug. In a more rigorous context I would use the word hypomanic, and you are correct, I feel, that for the goal of aceptance of this kind of drugs as treatment for mental illness we should use more precise terminology.

I think it just has to do with the fact that we as users are trying to describe complex psychic phenomena in coloquial terms, with little to no familiarity or regard with the academic usage of some of the terms we use. Its like when we say we get paranoid on weed. Of course we dont mean we experience schizophrenic-like paranoia, it mostly means we get sketched out and anxious.

It's the general problem with the DSM stock of psychological terms that they're painfully superficial. There's certainly an important arguments to be made against comparing a mental state episodically evoked through endogenous biochemistry with an exogenously evoked state. But we can't be too adamant about ignoring similarities either. Someone surfing the Doctor Strangelove wave of redosage is quite perfectly capable of mimicking classical manic behaviour. If the dissociatives didn't have the power to dial in to any level of mood elevation possible they wouldn't be the powerhouses for the mind they are.

Well usually big pharma likes to launch new compounds they can patent and make more profit on.
Was there a pending patent for mxe before it got scheduled?