View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The last days of MXE

HeadphonesandLSD

Bluelighter
Since some years have passed now hopefully we can have a thread about this without it being considered sourcing. I'm not trying to fish for the names of long gone vendors here either. I'm just curious about others experience with the quality of MXE in the last months/year of its availability.

I got into MXE late compared to most people here. By the time I came along we were up to the second or third megathread. The popularity on the internet was one of the things that drove me to trying it. I discovered it was just as wonderful as everyone said it was. When I jumped in grams were still very cheap and people were still claiming the batches going around were just as good as the early ones. They were mostly just complaining about the price which had doubled or something even though it was still very reasonable.

I ordered MXE five or six times I think. The first few batches, including my larger order, were all excellent quality. It was the pre-China era stuff (UK synth I guess?). I never had problems reaching a hole with this material. Even a small amount would get anyone wacky. It was strong but you could keep it under control. When it came time to order again you couldn't get this anymore. Everyone was selling MXE that was claimed to be from China. It was still nearly as strong as the first batches I got but it didn't look the same. It has more of a yellow-tint to it.

I was using the China stuff for many months. I couldn't really complain about the quality for what I was getting. Every now and again a batch would come through that was almost as good as the first batches. This went on for about a year I think.

When the bans started to hit in China I decided I wanted to stock up while I could. I ordered a gram from two places I had been using before to try the new batch. Both sent me pretty much the same thing. It didn't even look like the same substance anymore. It was more powdery, almost comparable to Phenibut FAA powder. It tested positive for MXE and you could get MXE-like effects from it but it was impossible to hole. I got the impression it was just the last of the China stuff cut to shit with baking powder or something. Others have told me it was just a really shitty synth and the labs screwed the vendors on the way out. Whatever it was I was hoping someone here would know.

Does anyone else find it odd this chemical isn't available anywhere? I thought for sure that this one had obtained enough popularity to go into the mainstream. I never gave it to anyone that said they disliked it. People that don't even know the RC scene still talk about it. The people in-the-know will pay almost anything for it. I don't understand why this one isn't seen more often. It's so popular there are people still using its name to pass off similar dissos and sometimes even K. Is this one just hard to make or something? I don't understand why PCP is available on the street but crude MXE synths aren't.

Oh well. If anyone can tell me about those later batches of MXE and their experience with them I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
I tried to find old pictures of these batches but I must have deleted them a long time ago. I'll try to describe what they looked like:

early batches - Small crystals that would catch the light similar to good MDMA. Always came pretty crushed up by the time they got to me. Material didn't have much of a taste. Could snort it or drop it on your tongue all day without even flinching. Very good experiences and took only a little bit of material to get positive effects

China/second batches - More powdery than crystalline than the first batches I got. Still looked pretty high quality though. More off-white to sometimes off-yellow tint to the material. Took a bit more material than the early batches. Taste still pretty comparable to early batches with a bit of a chemical hint.

Late/Last batches - Very powdery. Different taste with almost not hint of a chemical. Sticks to the inside of plastic bags. Clumps up like baking powder. Takes far more material than you would expect to obtain positive effects. Tests positive for MXE on every reagent.

What I think happened in my case was vendors were attempting to stretch supplies waiting for new shipments that never came. I had been buying mine from different sources and all of them sent me some variation of this or said they didn't have enough left to fulfill orders. Everyone was trying to push other things on me instead of MXE. My main source at the time started stocking fent, offered me samples, then fell off the face of the Earth. I assume he ODed because the last few emails were very odd.

Anyway. I know a lot of folks here went through the various different waves of MXE. I was hoping we could discuss it again here because right now all of that information is buried across 10 megathreads. I've tried going through them but it's hard to compile all the information I want due to everyone declaring their love of the substance every other post.

Really miss this one.

I'm usually the contrarian when it comes to methoxetamine discussion. Since this is a thread about old memories I won't try to rain on your parade much, but I did want to respond to this:

I don't understand why PCP is available on the street but crude MXE synths aren't.

For what it's worth, PCP was far more popular and mainstream when it first hit the street than methoxetamine ever was. In 1979, 13% of high school students admitting to trying PCP at least once. That's absolutely nuts. By comparison, a recent study claimed that less than 1% of US adults used ketamine in 2019.

I'm not saying methoxetamine wasn't popular among people who could be in the know, but you can't compare it to PCP, which literally created the scene and had the benefit of having no stigma of any kind when it did so, even though they did everything they could to give it one.

Idk, in the end all batches could achieve the same effect for me. I have maybe 3 batches in my stash? One crystal white, one fluffy/off-tan tint, one tan-ish but also more solid. The last one required 80mg to hole but the former two only 60mg usually. This varied though based on set and setting. All tested as MXE and nothing else.

It's hard to compare them though. I haven't taken any in years for fear of wasting it. Haven't had a good setting to hole in since I moved out on my own with my wife.

Never got the pleasure to try this one sadly although I too hope one day it’s back. I remember folks around here used to sell it as “super K” lol good memories. Shit my little brother even got to try it.

How was the lasting antidepressant effect compared to K?

-GC

Just wanted to say, I loved this stuff so much. It's what turned me on to dissos in the first place. I much prefer it to ketamine, in fact, ket has just never gotten me to the same level, and believe me I've tried, with good quality shit too.

I'm also very disappointed it's not synthed. I mean you can get 2cb with relative ease, I wonder why not MXE?

Just wanted to say, I loved this stuff so much. It's what turned me on to dissos in the first place. I much prefer it to ketamine, in fact, ket has just never gotten me to the same level, and believe me I've tried, with good quality shit too.

I'm also very disappointed it's not synthed. I mean you can get 2cb with relative ease, I wonder why not MXE?

I'm guessing it has to do with sourcing the precursors

I used methoxetamine from 2012-2013 and always from the same source (that source was my go to for a lot of years for many different substances).

Anyway, I used to order 3g every week. It was always consistent and the same. The chemical itself was a somewhat granular off white powder with a slightly salty taste to the drip or on the tongue.

I started to IV it fairly early on and that was freaking amazing. Does anyone else TASTE methoxetamine when they IV'd it? To me the taste of IV methoxetamine is like cotton candy blooming inside your taste buds. I was IV'ing pharmaceutical ketamine injection solution for awhile in 2013 and the flavor that developed after doing a shot of K was very similar.

MXE was amazing. So much better than ketamine!!! I found 180mg of IV'd stolen pharmaceutical ketamine injection solution roughly equivalent to 35mg of IV MXE (DEEP hole territory with crazy visuals for me). Also the IV'd K only lasts like 15 minutes while the MXE lasts more like 45 minutes.

I used methoxetamine from 2012-2013 and always from the same source (that source was my go to for a lot of years for many different substances).

Anyway, I used to order 3g every week. It was always consistent and the same. The chemical itself was a somewhat granular off white powder with a slightly salty taste to the drip or on the tongue.

I started to IV it fairly early on and that was freaking amazing. Does anyone else TASTE methoxetamine when they IV'd it? To me the taste of IV methoxetamine is like cotton candy blooming inside your taste buds. I was IV'ing pharmaceutical ketamine injection solution for awhile in 2013 and the flavor that developed after doing a shot of K was very similar.

MXE was amazing. So much better than ketamine!!! I found 180mg of IV'd stolen pharmaceutical ketamine injection solution roughly equivalent to 35mg of IV MXE (DEEP hole territory with crazy visuals for me). Also the IV'd K only lasts like 15 minutes while the MXE lasts more like 45 minutes.
I had the pleasure of IVing MXE a couple times. Deffo instant hole territory and I loved it a lot. Craaazy visuals for sure. Wild feelings. I vaguely remember getting a taste but couldn't place it now.

How was the lasting antidepressant effect compared to K?
It was better in my opinion but that might be due to the fact that I tried MXE first. K feels colder than MXE. MXE feels more like an opioid if that makes sense to you. The problem was the antidepressant effect quickly started to border on mania. Before MXE became hard to find the compulsive redosing with it was very hard to resist. You weren't trying to save any because you knew you could just have more whenever you wanted.

The very first time I used it I set a hard rule that I could take small re-doses through the night but I would stop in the morning. When morning came we were still going in the bag. I cut us both off at noon so we could come down and sleep. We stayed up until about 8pm and got a full night's rest. My friend's wife went to work at 7am the next morning. I had only been awake 30 minutes and I'd already gone in the bag. As soon as she was out the door I admitted it to my friend and gave him some. We started up again and kept going for another day. :)

That was the magic of MXE. If you kept doses small you could take them all day and actually function. Everyone just thought you were in a really good mood. Then come night time you could take a big dose, hole for a couple of hours or more, come down and have no problem going to sleep. It really felt like there was no downside to using the drug at all. Of course after a couple of weeks of doing this things can go bad very quickly without you realizing it. Still, it felt far more controllable than any other disso I've taken.

I am always puzzled though because there are so many MXE analogues that are one little tweak away, it is hard to imagine the precursors are different. Though maybe they are, I'm not sure.
Same. It's really strange no one will make it despite the popularity and frankly profits to be had. I've looked into it a few times and sourcing precursors to do it with doesn't seem that difficult. I really thought this one was going to break through and become one of those mainstay drugs like LSD did in the 20th century.

I had the pleasure of IVing MXE a couple times. Deffo instant hole territory and I loved it a lot. Craaazy visuals for sure. Wild feelings. I vaguely remember getting a taste but couldn't place it now.

My friend IV'ed a big dose at my home one night and he talked about the taste as well. Can you guys tell me about the onset with IV? He had a delayed reaction to it. He was up and talking to us for at least a couple of minutes before he fell out. He injected it while sitting in a chair, talked for a bit, then he stood up and tried to make it to the nearest bed. I guided him to it and halfway there he just became dead weight. Started stomping around and getting the jello legs.

He said he couldn't remember most of the experience. Which doesn't surprise me considering I think he took upwards to 80mg or more. He always did big doses of everything. I didn't think about it at the time but if you guys are saying 35mg was enough to hole IV I wonder how far out he went. He might have done even more than that. I want to say I was taking around 80-120mg per session when I was shooting for holes. It has been a long time so maybe I'm off but that sounds like it's in the ballpark. I used the oral and rectal routes. I wasn't greedy so I'm sure I gave him whatever I cut out for myself.

I always wondered if MXE just had a delayed reaction or if it was just his veins. By this point in his life he was having a hard time finding good ones to use. My main experience IRL with IV drug use was hanging around with him so it's my only reference. I never noticed a delayed reaction like that when he did IV coke or opioids.

Never IV'd before, but I always snooted MXE. It ALWAYS gave me a sweet tasting drip. It was a unique taste. I sometimes get hints of that taste from methadone for some reason as well, even though I take it orally. Perhaps it has to do with certain NMDA receptors?

These arylcyclohexylamines are weird for sure. I mean, even with drugs like meth we have theories about seemingly inactive cut fillers changing the experience, or take heroin, but the arylcyclohexylamines are an art. Each and every of them has different effects. We have now the K bladder stuff going around and I'm pretty sure that it's not just the chemical being corrosive but some specific synth routes leading to big problems.

I had wildly different and strange experiences with stuff that was meant to be the same molecule but off different origin.

Same. It's really strange no one will make it despite the popularity and frankly profits to be had. I've looked into it a few times and sourcing precursors to do it with doesn't seem that difficult.

As popular as methoxetamine is, it's also illegal in a lot of places, and I bet it's probably significantly more profitable and also just easier and less risky to synthesize a cheaper new analogue that's still legal everywhere and hype it up as the "new methoxetamine" with yourself as the exclusive supplier. People miss methoxetamine so much that if you call it that and can show that it actually is chemically similar to methoxetamine, it's basically guaranteed profit on a brand new product you just created. There's kind of even some incentive to avoid putting methoxetamine back out there again from that point of view, because it would take the gimmick away from your novel analogue(s).

I personally don't get the feeling that a lot of vendors these days actually care about the drugs they're selling.

We have now the K bladder stuff going around and I'm pretty sure that it's not just the chemical being corrosive but some specific synth routes leading to big problems.

Scientific studies on both ketamine and methoxetamine using them to explicitly induce bladder damage in animals have been done, so I wouldn't be too sure it has to be more than just the chemicals themselves, even if impurities could possibly make some things worse. Anecdotally, I have a friend who no longer uses methoxetamine due to getting long-lasting bladder problems from using it, and not ketamine.

As popular as methoxetamine is, it's also illegal in a lot of places
That's really the only reason. It was only ever mass produced in China (and possibly EU?), and the supply dropped off after they banned it in 2015. Selling/producing it in the USA is illegal too, so anyone who has the time/education/money to make it probably doesn't need to risk selling it.

I actually got a batch from China (off the onions) some months after the ban but something was definitely off about it. It reagent tested exactly the same as a pre-ban batch I had, but the come-up was quicker and more euphoric while the experience was less deep and dropped off quicker. I always wondered if it was Br-MXE which showed up in some batches that were seized at customs, but I guess I'll never know for sure. A few months later the same vendor sent me a sample they claimed was their new MXE batch and that one I sent in for testing—it was 25I-NBOMe. :(

But yeah there was a lot of variability in the different batches, which I think is probably related to changes in tolerance than anything else. The talk about polymorphisms doesn't make much sense, but active impurities or cuts probably played a role as well. There was a vendor who would pop up every few months with MXE for a couple years after the ban, it was always very potent MXE, but the last batch I got had a lot of powdery material mixed in with the crystals, and the experience felt much more like 3-MeO-PCP, so I wander if he started cutting it when his supply ran low.

Oh, bladder issues were widely reported back when MXE was cheap and readily available some years back. It was a primary reason a bunch of heavy users I knew stopped, and it was one of the reasons I stopped using it myself, as I was beginning to experience a non-stop urge to urinate (among other symptoms) that really freaked me out. With all I knew of K related bladder damage, I was not going to be catheterizing myself for a drug. Made it easy to quit after having piles of it around for quite a while. And not for nothing, but there was a time when you could easily get large quantities of it through clearnet sources, for cheap, so having 5 or more grams at any given time was far too easy. And of course I knew many people at that time fell in love with it and were daily users, which of course is not wise. One thing I know is how easy it was for many people to love MXE. In some ways, one of the most fascinating (and euphoric substances ever. And the psychedelic aspects of it were really something. But alas...it was way too easy to get and abuse.

Same. It's really strange no one will make it despite the popularity and frankly profits to be had. I've looked into it a few times and sourcing precursors to do it with doesn't seem that difficult. I really thought this one was going to break through and become one of those mainstay drugs like LSD did in the 20th century.

My friend IV'ed a big dose at my home one night and he talked about the taste as well. Can you guys tell me about the onset with IV? He had a delayed reaction to it. He was up and talking to us for at least a couple of minutes before he fell out. He injected it while sitting in a chair, talked for a bit, then he stood up and tried to make it to the nearest bed. I guided him to it and halfway there he just became dead weight. Started stomping around and getting the jello legs.

He said he couldn't remember most of the experience. Which doesn't surprise me considering I think he took upwards to 80mg or more. He always did big doses of everything. I didn't think about it at the time but if you guys are saying 35mg was enough to hole IV I wonder how far out he went. He might have done even more than that. I want to say I was taking around 80-120mg per session when I was shooting for holes. It has been a long time so maybe I'm off but that sounds like it's in the ballpark. I used the oral and rectal routes. I wasn't greedy so I'm sure I gave him whatever I cut out for myself.

I always wondered if MXE just had a delayed reaction or if it was just his veins. By this point in his life he was having a hard time finding good ones to use. My main experience IRL with IV drug use was hanging around with him so it's my only reference. I never noticed a delayed reaction like that when he did IV coke or opioids.
I thought 35mg IV was a much deeper hole than 50mg intranasally. Almost as soon as I pushed the plunger my whole entire field of vision would be visuals. I couldn't even see anything else. Usually it was something like colored bubbles and a sensation like falling down a tunnel.

I can't imagine trying to walk or speak like that.

I used to do it in the bathroom on the toilet so my ex-wife wouldn't know I was shooting up. That didn't work very long. My 11 year old stepson found a syringe cap with blood in it and gave it to his mom. She confronted me about it. Not good for the marriage....

I used to do it in the bathroom on the toilet so my ex-wife wouldn't know I was shooting up. That didn't work very long. My 11 year old stepson found a syringe cap with blood in it and gave it to his mom. She confronted me about it. Not good for the marriage....
Oh fuck. Reminds me of the time my dad walked in on me in the bathroom. I was holing, totally naked and plugging MXE. Good times. :p

But yeah I bet IM/IV MXE is crazy. Never got to try it, but somebody once told me it felt like liquid gold running through their veins (probably a bit of embellishment).

Oh fuck. Reminds me of the time my dad walked in on me in the bathroom. I was holing, totally naked and plugging MXE. Good times. :p

But yeah I bet IM/IV MXE is crazy. Never got to try it, but somebody once told me it felt like liquid gold running through their veins (probably a bit of embellishment).
IV was beyond amazing. The best rush ever. It was like being instantly transported to another dimension on psychedelic cocaine or something.

Except for a few times since my divorce I quit IV'ing back in 2013 before my daughter was born. I might think hard about coming out of IV retirement if I could still get MXE.

IV K and MXE is a completely different experience compared to intranasal. BAM...insta-hole!!

I really want to try DMXE but don't know if I'll IV any. Probably not. I love to IV 4-ACO-DMT too and got a gram awhile back and didn't shoot any.