• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

? The Hella Big HELLO! - Introduce Yourself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My novel is about two females, who narrowly escaped assassination plotted by government agencies, and as a result became assassins themselves. It follows their life and chronicles the downfall of the US government, and eventually most of the developed world. I would reveal more about the plot but it would involve giving a lot of the story away so I'll leave it at this.

I recognize my novel as containing various different literary genre themes, such as action, romance, thriller, science fiction, mystery, and horror. I hope to transcend any one literary genre by employing a repetitive cycle of all of the above, and possibly more as I hope to also include historical content/etc.

Much <3 everyone! I hope we're all doing well today. I know I am. %)

Sounds good CH.. makes me wanna ask questions about it.
BUT ill wait for it to be finished and see for myself :)

Man, I felt like such a dumbass at school today. My first maths class in like almost 7 years and I couldn't remember friggin' algebra oh man. Hahaha.... at least it'll click in again. I used to be so good at maths, then drugs happened.... ._.

Sounds good CH.. makes me wanna ask questions about it.
BUT ill wait for it to be finished and see for myself :)

Feel free to do so! I'll answer what I feel comfortable answering. %)

Also, I finished the second book of War and Peace. It was so good. :) I will be starting the third book tonight when I get home.

I'm also up to 336,500 words in my novel.

Verri don't feel bad, I'm yet to find many people who have remembered it after they finished school as well. I wonder why they teach half the stuff they do in school. They should really concentrate more on basic maths since that many people can't get that right these days. I watched an episode of NZ Cops called 'RBT' tonight where a man gave police a false birth date and then tried to correct it, he said he was 43 gave them a 1979 date (filmed in 2012) and the cop asked him:

"1979 right?"
"Yep"
"You sure?"
"Yep"
"Cus that means you're 33"
"Oh sorry I meant 1969"
"Please step out of the car sir"

While I don't condone fibbing identifiable information to the cops (pretty quick way to jail imho) I thought how dumb can you get. Turns out he had an outstanding warrant, who saw that one coming... 8)

& Captain I think you'll be finished one day, maybe, one day ;)

Who's up at this ungodly hourrrrrrrrrr?

I'm up.. but its only 11am here.

I gotta either get some more sleep or take some benzos.. i know which is healthier and better for my taper but the question remains, which will i choose? lol.
It's so hard to taper short acting benzos it's crazy. Fuck etizolam! anyone who thinks "its legal, lets do it!" think again before abusing benzos too much.
I used benzos for a legit reason for years and was then cut off and resorted to etiz, the wd is nucking futs!

Anyways, how is everyone else doing today?
Someone send some positive energy my way, i could use it.

-HOOD

I'm having a good day HOOD. I was experiencing anxiety and panic earlier but I am doing better now.

I'm over half way through the third book to War and Peace. I'm quite loving the eloquent way Tolstoy writes. :)

Are they big books? You read them pretty quickly if so.

I am receiving some conflicting information on searching the length of War and Peace

my PDF is at home so I can't tell you what it says

but in the PDF I know it is divided into 15 books and 2 epilogs (each are likely to be as long as one of the books)

I believe that I've covered roughly 450 pages and am half way through book #3

but the Wikipedia says that there are "four books/volumes"?? Very confusing.

But yes I do read pretty quickly. :)

I've never been much of a speed reader. Took me 20min to read an article in a Consumer Reports magazine yesterday. Heh.

I write fast but think faster unfortunately-
Anyone ever think of something really cool to write and the thought comes so fast that even if you're writing at the time, you don't quite write fast enough to catch it all down on paper or typed and by the time you try to think of it again.. the thought (in my case, rhyme) is gone?

Drives me crazy when that happens! My mind races and I can't keep up sometimes lol.

Last edited:
Afternoon for me.. i slept late, surprisingly!
It was like someone saying "Get some sleep today, you won't be getting much in the near future!" lol.

How are the newbs today?
Can i touch the newbs? or only look?

-HOOD

aha good morning indeed 4am here mint night out, zzz soon

you can look and mildly initiate the physicals but no groping

lol ok.
thanks man.

It's always that way for me lately.
What i would give for a palm full of newbs..

Ok im off the subject now, don't want anyone uncomfortable.

Get some sleep bro.. I was up at 4 this morning watching the news but fell asleep around 5 and just woke up at 1pm (been up about an hour).
I'm taking this benzo taper bull by the horns!

-HOOD

I finished the 4th book of War and Peace. Utterly amazing.

Then I had the pleasure of getting to try acupuncture for the first time today for free.

I was really impressed with the effect of it.

I'm going to try to explain how and why I believe it has a positive effect on the patient...

When a human injures themselves (cut, burn, etc) a lot of endorphins and pain signals are released and hence we feel pain. Pain and pleasure are perceived in the same part of the brain. So in essence, a controlled puncture with a very fine gauge needle in the ears/hands sends a small tickle of endorphins/pain signals which actually is quite amazing. I seemed really giddy/happy within a minute and I wasn't expecting anything.

I felt one in my left ear the most. I think the reason why they apply so many needles is that they're hoping at least one of them hits the nerves correctly. I think that the needle is so fine as to not cause damage but merely stimulate the nerves/etc.

I'd be happy to hear anyone else's opinions/experiences on the matter.

Do you know if it would help stress/anxiety in addition to pain?
You said you felt giddy and happy. Would you recommend for someone with pain and anxiety whilst in a taper?

I've never had it done. My grandfather has but he said it was too expensive and didn't help his back much.
You've peaked my interest with it though.

-HOOD

Do you know if it would help stress/anxiety in addition to pain?
You said you felt giddy and happy. Would you recommend for someone with pain and anxiety whilst in a taper?

I've never had it done. My grandfather has but he said it was too expensive and didn't help his back much.
You've peaked my interest with it though.

-HOOD

Yes

Acupuncture stimulates endogenous endorphins *

If this is enough for the patient to feel a difference or improvement is going to vary depending on endorphin sensitivity/opioid tolerance, etc.

I definitely felt the effects and I don't attribute it to placebo. I can stick myself with a needle (and have done so on many occasions)

I particularly felt one that was placed in my left ear, and the sensation was a very mild tickling sensation and seemed to elate me.

Everyone else in the room seemed to be really chill from it. It reminded me of an old school opiate den to be quite honest.

It was free for me by the way ;) and I'll be able to go twice a week. %)

The obvious reason why it can't be said it's proven to work is because there's no way to set up a proper control variable (the person is either going to feel the needle in their skin or they aren't). However I believe it's worth trying at least once if it's available to you. I'm sure you could learn how to do it at home and order the needles yourself as to save money.

* from wiki

Some modern practitioners have embraced the use of acupuncture to treat pain, but have abandoned the use of qi, meridians, yin and yang as explanatory frameworks.[23][24] Some practitioners no longer consider the idea of an energy flow to apply.[25] They, along with acupuncture researchers, explain the analgesic effects of acupuncture as caused by the release of endorphins, and recognize the lack of evidence that it can affect the course of any disease.[25][26] The mechanism of action for acupuncture is still unclear.[174] Evidence suggests that acupuncture generates a sequence of events that include the release of endogenous opioid-like substances that modulate pain signals within the central nervous system.[174] The use of qi as an explanatory framework has been decreasing in China, even as it becomes more prominent during discussions of acupuncture in the United States.[citation needed] Despite the scientific evidence against such mystical explanations, academic discussions of acupuncture still make reference to pseudoscientific concepts like qi and meridians, in practice making many scholarly efforts to integrate evidence for efficacy and discussions of the mechanism impossible.[26] Qi, yin, yang and meridians have no counterpart in modern studies of chemistry, biology, physics, or human physiology and to date scientists have been unable to find evidence that supports their existence.[n 1][22]

I obviously do not believe in the "qi/yin/yang'meridian" crap. That's a bunch of shit. Or, if you will, it's an incorrect attempt to explain why acupuncture helps the people it does.

Happy Sunday peeps.

If you're in the US, i hope you're enjoying the long weekend (what other countries celebrate Labor Day?)
Just sucks that there is no mail tomorrow.
Waiting for a package that now won't be here till Tues. all good tho.

Was having pains (yes again, though not as severe) and took a Flexeril.. Things never worked in my life for me, probably because i was always trying to get high off them smh.
But surprisingly it is working like a charm along with some ibuprofen. Only have 6 left, it's a very old script. Thinking about popping one every AM if im hurting for the next few days. Will be sure to tell my Dr. they actually help and maybe get some more.
Anyone know if a psych can script it? I see him on the 9th.

-HOOD

Hey HOOD its a long weekend here too and the fair has come to town like they do every labour day weekend.
That's good your pain is being touched by those flexeril they never did much to me. Lol I snorted one a couple times and holy fuck did it burn it literally felt like a hole was being burnt through my nasal cavity. Not smart I was a dumb kid at the time withdrawaling from oxy.What are they the 10 mg little house shaped yellow coated pills? I know my buddy used to get the 100mg prescribed for his slipped disc but I never tried it 10, or 20mgs usually put me right to sleep and felt good with heroin or oxy it used to kick start the 'nod' for me anyways.
I'm sure a psychiatrist can prescribe them bit whether or not they will is another story. They are not very sought after drugs or nothing so I think you have s pretty good chance of getting them prescribed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.