• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Healthy Living Photo thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you look way better after last photos I saw man...definitely filling back in.

Dont worry if its a slow process. It took me a long time after my heroin habit to put on weight...but it comes with patience and hard work.

If you have time put your diet up here and perhaps we can suggest changes/tweaks to it that will increase your lean muscle weight gain.

thanks again, you all are too kind. will be married in july :)

^woohoo! awesome!

nice work, swerlz. keep it up!

My serious triathlon fase:
inthezone3.jpg

=D

It looks like I'm not having fun but I was, my brother just caught me off-guard taking the photo cos I didn't know he was on the sideline :D

you triathalon with a mountainbike!? Are you some kind of ultimate badass!?!?!? Do you even have slick tires on that???? :D

Haha dude calm down! :D It was just a little charity tri, only 9km cycle.
And no slicks. Once I start doing proper tri's (like >20km cycle) I'll get some slicks :)

I can't really ever see me getting a road bike for some reason, just always had mountain bikes.

OH! By the way, this was my brother's bike!! One of my teammate's bike fucked up on the morning so she used mine and I used my brother's. Dunno why I offered my awesome bike to her.....I'm too nice...

that picture is great n3o, you can tell that you had a breathing pushing/peddling rhythm going, maybe about to switch gears(?), and then....

"hey look!"-bro
"hrrrhuhh?!?! wha??, n/m him..."-you

i have been planning a build-up-bio like Impacto's, but im afraid it might be too disturbing, and just pathetic lol.
yeah, i have crashed and am burning. my dad has a very nice bike he doesnt ride anymore, since he can run again...
but riding is a bad idea now, has been, and it makes me sick. i have a recumbent bike and love that thing but, man i miss pushing those tires along the road, convincing myself to go another mile.
good fun, peaceful and meditative at times for me. or in the city it feels great to take it out on a bike on the streets through the traffic.

fukn'eh right!

Last edited:
Thanks pip! :)
Yeah I can imagine you miss riding. I find it has meditative properties as well, moreso than swimming, say, 40-50 laps.

^I've always enjoyed riding too - much more than pounding the pavement, anyway. Much less strain on the knees.

That photo is awesome n3o! You're such a triathlon star now! Look at you go. How inspiring. :)

Busty and I are still tinkering away with our exercise regime. For those who don't know, we generally do 2 minute intervals on the exercise bike and then skipping on the spot - one doing each activity.
It certainly helps to have someone sweating it out along side you, and Busty is a fabulous motivator. "Just one more set" is his catch-phrase. ;)
We generally keep this up for 20 - 30 minutes, then I finish with some light weights, sit-ups and push-ups.

We usually manage to do this once or twice a week, sometimes more - or we substitute some sessions with a bike-ride around the city to help spice things up and keep it all fresh.

Oh, we've also discovered recently that MoS compilations are massively motivating for us! I know everyone has varying tastes in music, and no doubt work-out music in particular - but honestly these albums do it for me unlike any other musical genre! I've been known to nod my head whilst riding and attempt to dance while skipping, haha. So good. :D

Thanks pip! :)
Yeah I can imagine you miss riding. I find it has meditative properties as well, moreso than swimming, say, 40-50 laps.

haha yeah, swimming is probably the best overall exercise routine, especially for people in chronic pain...!
but comparing the zen-ness, swimming anywhere near 40-50 laps is amusingly, un-zenful...

that sounds fun COTB, i have a mental image of my wife and i going back and forth off the recumbent and then jumping rope, running in place, or something active with the upper body along side.
:D
that would be fun, and easily made funny.
;)

My serious triathlon fase:
inthezone3.jpg

=D

It looks like I'm not having fun but I was, my brother just caught me off-guard taking the photo cos I didn't know he was on the sideline :D

This is so gnarly, lady! You are a badass!!!

brilliant photo, n3o. then again with you in it, that aint saying much.

particularly love the expression. you hurt, and love it.

Haha thanks poopie and IP!! <3
It is always a rather awesome experience, no matter what the distance :)

I can't really ever see me getting a road bike for some reason, just always had mountain bikes..

Hmmm....looks like I've got a bit of work to do to convert you :\

You'll come to the road bike side.....I know you will

mwahahahahahaha

I started lifting weights again and eating a high-calorie diet. I am 1 month in to what I expect to be a 4-6 month regimen. So, I guess these technically aren't the "before" pictures but I hope to have some killer "after" pictures in a few months.

workoutcollage.png

Status
Not open for further replies.